fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi

Go down 
+24
Tobz
Maizetina
kevdub
todd
azzeer
vr6dub
Marvel
ruffdub
mk1g60phill
onlyady
barnzy beetle
max
Lupton_20vt
MarkGTX
LewisG
remy313
greased-up-deaf-guy
curtis_caddy
billybug
pinky
CaddyRage
Tiz
VW Mike
mk1rolf
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
mk1rolf

mk1rolf

Male Number of posts : 877
Drives : 76 bus..superfly Tdi
Registration date : 2008-01-21

..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptySat May 02 2009, 19:22

Cool you got it!!!.... was that the one advertised on vzi???

mine just unbolted dude...but ive bolted and welded them in there new home....... if id of had the cash i would have just bought the Rjes one and saved myself a load of time. ( think they're £160..?)

Get that thread started Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vr6dub

vr6dub

Male Number of posts : 153
Drives : mk2 golf
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptySat May 02 2009, 19:39

yea it was the one from vzi. bit of a bargain if i can get it running properly. got the engine bolted in the van today, just need to get my head around the wiring and sort the engine support bar out and fuel. and shouldn't take to much to get it going.Rolling Eyes if they just unbolt i might try and get hold of some. don't really wanna start hacking the old ones off.
Back to top Go down
mk1rolf

mk1rolf

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptySat May 02 2009, 20:10

Tell me about it !!...you lucky git, when i saw the price he was asking i nearly cried...surely the wiring loom is already done, just a matter of a few connections for power and earth...

Are you currylarger on vwkd????
Back to top Go down
vr6dub

vr6dub

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptySat May 02 2009, 20:16

no same user name as on here, yea it is but there is a few wires just been cut and not labled Rolling Eyes will start a post tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
mk1rolf

mk1rolf

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptySat May 02 2009, 20:19

If you need a copy of the wiring loom just give us a shout dude, i'll burn off a copy and post it over Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mk1rolf

mk1rolf

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptySun May 10 2009, 18:32

So now we know we wont be going in the camper things have slackened off a bit ( yep even more so Wink ).. well mainly because, she ( the one that must be obeyed ) wont let me spend any more cash on it till we get back from the holiday.....

been trying to work out how i going to get the rad to lift and lower....
Had some threaded bar lying around and thought about welding the bottom bolt so the whole bar moved up through the top bit of angle, but have scrapped this idea and going to use mini gas struts....
..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Radmount4
Then cut up a polo 6n electric window runner mech and added one wheel to the bus and one to the rad mount
..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Radmount4-1
Had to cut the cable down and bolted it the mount
..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Radmount41
once i knew worked i took it all out to clean up and sort some sort of cover out, only to find out the rad wouldn't fit so had to cut out and change the wheel Laughing
..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Radmount42
An oven gave up it's grill vent to the cause Wink
..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Radmount43
Put it all back under the bus and the mech couldnt pull it up :( ..so took the rad and fan off and it still wouldnt pull it up... think the battery may have gone a bit flat ( i hope, or ill have to get a bigger window motor)..
Back to top Go down
mk1rolf

mk1rolf

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 21 2009, 18:38

So then, the holiday is over and it's back to the beee'atch, oh i mean bus Rolling Eyes

spent the weekend just trying to refresh myself as to what i'd been doing before... ...still confused with a few things Laughing

Got some shiney's Very Happy

..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Chargecoolerpipework

and routed all the wiring through the bulk head .......

...back to the wiring diagrams.... study
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 21 2009, 18:42

mucho respect on this project fella is coming along im in the situation im not allowed to spend due to me n the missus going on holiday tomorrow. Laughing
Back to top Go down
greased-up-deaf-guy

Male Number of posts : 379
Drives : Seat inca

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 01 2009, 20:28

Keep at it dude, its come along loads since i came by. Love the rad mount idea.. uber cool yes! Did i miss it or did you get the wiring nightmair sorted?
Back to top Go down
mk1rolf

mk1rolf

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 02 2009, 19:48

cheers guys Very Happy ...

I think i was having the problem with vacuum hoses when you stopped by dude, took me two weeks and various subaru club sign ups before i could get the info i needed ( and then i found a really small pic of it all in the manual Embarassed )

Wiring wise it's been a struggle for me , it sounds like ive been over complicating things ( been told by a wise one...although he wont divulge what needs to be done, just for me to figure it out!!)..Although i think i may have it in the bag now...

Roll on the weekend ive got more shiny things Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mk1rolf

mk1rolf

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 04 2009, 18:55

Sorted out induction pipe today..

..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Inductionpipe2

And started working out where the water pipes are going to run ( scratch may have been a good idea to look at these before i spent an arm and a leg on the silicone pipe Rolling Eyes )

The had to modify the charge cooler mount so i could get this bad boy in Very Happy

..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Inductionpipe1
Back to top Go down
mk1rolf

mk1rolf

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 02 2009, 10:35

Well havn't had a go at starting her yet as ive now been waiting two weeks for oil pipe, the poxy sandwich plate outlets are bigger than the loads of half inch i/d pipe ive got lying about so i cant even just loop it round for now......
so yesterday i tackled the hydraulic clutch..
..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Hydroclutch1
...yeah i know ... still got to tidy up the hole....anyway i flipped the original end piece round so it would push instead of pull, cut the clevis off the old clutch cable and welded it to a bit of bar that would fit in the T25 cylinder and then with great difficulty and discomfort welded on the bracket to support it
..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Hydroclutch3
Then played with my new toy and made up the pipe work...... just need to mount the pot and a bit of pipe before filling with fluid to see if it works ( was going to do this today but im too hungover drunken )
Back to top Go down
vr6dub

vr6dub

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 09 2009, 14:20

its looking good mate. you got them parts yet? i hope you have more luck with it than i did with mine! im looking forward to seeing it
Back to top Go down
mk1rolf

mk1rolf

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 05 2009, 19:54

Gutted for ya dude, cant believe you gave up so quick......

Been slacking but...
clutch reservior in
..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Clutchres
Expansion tank in
..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Expansion1
Had to re-do the motor idea as one wouldn't lift..... so now it has two , and seems to work fine
..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Radmotors
big ol' rev counter in and wired up
..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Revcounter-1
temp and presure senders mounted...proper pain in the a$$ as it sits behind the alternator which had to slightly grinded to fit Wink
..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Senders
And being the fool i am, i tried to screw in the water one that was a different thread and ended up snapping it clean off
..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Sender1
Also, finally have the oil cooler pipework done ...... no pic, so have a rear end shot Very Happy
..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Rearend
Back to top Go down
mk1rolf

mk1rolf

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27 2009, 17:52

So last weekend i turned the key......................... and all it did was turn over, so checked all live's and everything seemed fine Cry ..... so with a bit of headscratching and a lot of dissapointment thought the only thing i could do was strip all the subie wiring and go through it again .......that was fun :rabbit:
Didn't find anything wrong so attached it all up and turned the key and................. bingo!!! she kicked into life..ran for ten seconds then stopped Cry
Today i re-wrapped all the wiring and gave everything it's new home ( and when i can finally get on photobucket Mad i'll give you a pic ) but i also realised i hadnt connected the air pipe for the idle control ( muppet )....... turned the key , it ran a bit better but stopped.. so started it ,ran round the back and feathered the throttle and could hear air escaping but couldnt work out where from even though i was staring it in the face...... i hadnt blocked the servo outlet, one bolt later and all is good and she runs sweet cheers
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

Male Number of posts : 2138
Drives : LWB T5 and 69 bug - we will see who is fastest on the strip hey Mark ;)
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 28 2009, 08:05

Good news then dude Smile

Can't wait to see/hear her Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightymetamorphicracing.co.uk
mk1rolf

mk1rolf

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 28 2009, 18:17

Cheers dude, yeah, finally getting somewhere... well if i hadnt been hungover every weekend it would have been on the road when it was supposed to ... in MAY ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 28 2009, 19:24

Good stuff mate Smile

Always nice to hear a conversion fire to life for the first time excited

Keep up the good work Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
mk1rolf

mk1rolf

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 02 2009, 21:11

Cheers dude, when it sat there ticking over i almost felt a tear in my eye... then realised it was dirt..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Icon_lol

well, bucket finally let me on... so ecu and stuff mounted....
..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Tat225
Not the greatest install, but i didn't want to get too fussy over it ( cos im too lazy Laughing )

... Then again i may take it all out next winter ( if it all stays together that long) and do a clean install, painted engine bay and all..
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 02 2009, 21:18

looking good fella ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 51732 would like to see this in person ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Icon_rr
Back to top Go down
azzeer

azzeer

Male Number of posts : 837
Drives : polo mk3 breadvan
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 21 2009, 13:14

realy wont a update ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 496877
Back to top Go down
mk1rolf

mk1rolf

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 21 2009, 18:36

sorry dude, havn't really got round to doing much due to work..

bled the clutch through, which was a pain in the a$$ only to find out id used too small a gauge pipe and it wont give enough pressure to fully engage... ermmmm... oh i cleaned up a bit of wiring...

oh got a bit side tracked and went and got this the other weekend..

..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 DSCF0670
..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 DSCF0669
..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 DSCF0655

yeah.....say no more ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Drunken_smilie
Back to top Go down
azzeer

azzeer

Male Number of posts : 837
Drives : polo mk3 breadvan
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 21 2009, 19:47

..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 51732
nice one matey set u back much ??

got realy in to the bay window project
wish i culd do sumthink like that ... hmm maybe one day ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
u have wicked welding skill too ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 128807
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

Male Number of posts : 3070
Drives : mk2 driver
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 22 2009, 13:28

Bays coming on well there rolf, look forward to a look round it when its up and running, saw the vauxhall up at wills place the other week, cool looking car that, did you get the v8 as well?, saw one of these down in cornwall a couple of years back, another project thread to follow?
Back to top Go down
mk1rolf

mk1rolf

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 22 2009, 19:11

cheers Azzeer...the bay was never suppose to be the project ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Icon_lol the cab is the project but things just got out of hand.....avoid vodka !!!....
Dude, i spent too many years wanting things that i couldnt do but couldnt afford to have done ( properly ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Icon_lol )... so just though f*** it bought a welder and dived in.....

Curtis, the missus saw pics of the victor and just said buy it,i want it as a daily ...so no v8...just low and hotrod/chiccano lowrider
Ive got a 1.8 pinto and a sierra box on the way.... but things may change now as she's already changed her mind ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Icon_mad ........

....how much do cossie lumps go for ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi   ..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

..'76 Baywindow...briefly EJ20T now going superfly Tdi
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next