fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE

Go down 
+28
Pistacheuro
Liam B
whittle
billybug
mk1g60phill
guy
Jimbo
hypeboy
MarkGTX
martinb
vladimir
cabrio19
bridgedubber
caddyman
mk3golfcab
jetta88
Whitegt
curtis_caddy
Lupton_20vt
max
Tiz
Weverall
CaddyRage
matty_mk1
polo steph
jimmymidnight
bravo211
jim-uk16
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
jim-uk16

jim-uk16

Male Number of posts : 599
Drives : 83 MK1, Octavia Workhorse and general chum's carrier pigeon
Registration date : 2009-08-15

Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE Empty
PostSubject: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptyThu Oct 15 2009, 10:25

Right here goes,

Some of you may have met me by now, but for those that don't know me i'm currently a serving at waterbeach. Moved up here in July and have bought my 85 Mk2 with me.

This is how it looked when it woke up in cambridge
[img]Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE IMG_0033[/img]
[img]Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE IMG_0031[/img]

after the August meet my old girl decided she didnt want her black arch trims and decided to throw one down the A14Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE 730194

i thought it was a rabbit id run over but no(dont worry girls i've got a sensitive nature)Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE 651561
on closer examination and some poor quality sealant removal i was left with arches like this:
[img]Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE IMG_0202[/img]
[img]Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE IMG_0214[/img]
not as bad as some

Anyway i'd also picked up some coilies from a certain auction site and whacked them on. et voila:
[img:d2de]http://Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE IMG_0079[/img]
Very picturesque

So time has moved on a bit and as some of you will recall i tried my luck at my local car dealers and came accross "scrappage surprise" which i posted up this unearthed some more obscure parts
[img]Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE IMG_0223[/img]
[img]Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE IMG_0206[/img]
Other parts were gathered in aswell and as some of you know if i didnt need it and it helped someone else then i was happy to part with it, Matty and MartinBProject GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE 651561

Now i was rollin on my 17"s and generally hacking to work daily but it was not how i wanted it,

after a trip to players09 (which by the way was a great convoy and chance to meet some more of you) plans were starting to form as to what i was going to do and you may remember this:

SOLD Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE 460227

Well we couldn't let them leave the fendubbers could we???
[img]Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE IMG_0128[/img]
these badboys now belong to meProject GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE 128807so that will make lupton happy

Like i said Players put some ideas into my head and another lucky find, this time whilst doing an overnighter at work unearthed this
[img]Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE IMG_0187[/img]
so never to let a deal slip by i picked it up off the old owner with 100k on the clock, service history and what not.
Now the vento was never for keeps and it was put up for sale as a whole donor or parts and interest came in, some serious some just frustrating and well, its now a little lighter bodywise up front and inside!!!!

and as i mentioned if you need it and i dont, then ask me im sure we can work something out (this relates to you Andy (WhiteGT) i have no more sunroofs so drive slower!!!)

So i have a fully running VR6 Donor on the drive and an 85 Mk2 gti with the wrong loom to marry up

i took some photos of the mks running the BBS'
[img]Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE IMG_0199[/img]but i got assasinated by Lee "David bloody Bailey" Caddyrage for taking photos with an iphone.Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE 496877

to be honest i was thinking of keeping it quiet and dropping it on you all next summer, i even stopped dailying her and bagged a lift to work to keep it quiet then sods law the one day i use it for work i end up in the spotted sectionProject GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE 730194 cheers Ed!!! only joking nice vento mate (need spares??)

So after getting hassle form Lee and me being a nosey bugger i went over to Mr rages and took my Mk2 to have a browse at his new Mk1 and Bloody bailey struck again didn't he?
So i will now post his pics
[img]Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE Golfgti015[/img]
[img]Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE Golfgti014[/img]
[img]Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE Golfgti018[/img]
[img]Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE Golfgti016[/img]
not looking too bad me thinks, yes i've had the colours changed but if i didnt then they wouldnt be MY wheels would they?
however i left the middles as a thanx to Lee for helping me out, but they wont stay like it forever.

i also picked up a set of front wings to replace the tatty fronts and a cl bootlid as the airholes in the gti dont whistle any tunes i like as i drive along ha-ha.

Anyway i think ive rambled enough for now....

Oh sorry the reasoning for the name "keep me head down" i'm of to afghanistan and oman in november and wont be back till next summer so i've been doing my homework and asking around and i've decided to get the paint and some other work done whilst im away,

Now let me stress this does NOT put me in the "bought not built" scene look O.K, i am more than happy to get dirty and bleed whilst working on my car and other peoples
but my job dictates that i have to go away and if the army want to pay me extra for "keeping my heed down" then fuckit i'll chuck the money at my golf!!

i appreciate your comments and look forward to my old girls future, im still here for another month so my plans will probably change againProject GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE Icon_twisted

Last edited by jim-uk16 on Wed Apr 14 2010, 20:14; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
bravo211

bravo211

Number of posts : 1168
Drives : mk3 golf
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptyThu Oct 15 2009, 10:31

very nice and shame u r at waterbeach camp as it isnt that great ..... and keep low and move fast while ya away
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

Male Number of posts : 1998
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptyThu Oct 15 2009, 10:33

she's sitting nice and pretty there on those splits mate! very nice! afro
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

Female Number of posts : 1445
Drives : black 6n polo and 6n2 GTI
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptyThu Oct 15 2009, 10:45

lookin good there mate. the bbs (scene whore wheels) really do change the look of it geek
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptyThu Oct 15 2009, 11:16

Looking good m8, let me knwo when you wanna pop over Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptyThu Oct 15 2009, 13:04

This car was the reason why i was tempted to buy a small bumper mk2. I love it, even the mars orange!

I cant wait to see this take shape as your plans sound cool mate Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE 51732
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
Weverall

Weverall

Male Number of posts : 460
Drives : Peugeot 307 D-Turbo
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptyThu Oct 15 2009, 13:30

oh my WORD....

this car is actually very very VERY pretty, thumbs up to you man Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE 51732

i go past waterbeach everyday and ill be hoping i see this rolling sometime

Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE 128807
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptyThu Oct 15 2009, 13:30

polo steph wrote:
lookin good there mate. the bbs (scene whore wheels) really do change the look of it Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE Icon_geek

she says with her scene whore top and even more scene whore cream banded steelies Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE 795435Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE Icon_geek
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptyThu Oct 15 2009, 14:19

Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE 51732
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptyThu Oct 15 2009, 14:22

love the colour scheme Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

Male Number of posts : 3070
Drives : mk2 driver
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptyThu Oct 15 2009, 16:54

when i see ur new sig. o thought u stole a pic of some ones car, makes a big differnce a set of good wheels! looking sweet mate
Back to top Go down
Whitegt

Whitegt

Male Number of posts : 988
Drives : mk3 gti......................8v :(
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptyThu Oct 15 2009, 18:44

car looks amazing mate! the BBS are perfect for it, best wheel for mk2's by a mile! PERFECT!
Back to top Go down
jetta88

jetta88

Male Number of posts : 89
Drives : jetta mk2 GTI
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptyThu Oct 15 2009, 19:12

Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE 128807 your mk2 looking the mutts nuts mate
Back to top Go down
jim-uk16

jim-uk16

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptyThu Oct 15 2009, 19:29

cheers all, you still after a wing Mr jetta88?

having a fun evening retrimming the headliningProject GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab

Male Number of posts : 1566
Drives : 05' Fabia VRS, 00' TL1000R
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptyThu Oct 15 2009, 20:17

looking good fella!!Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE 51732
Back to top Go down
jetta88

jetta88

Male Number of posts : 89
Drives : jetta mk2 GTI
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptyThu Oct 15 2009, 21:08

where abouts are you again?Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE 298631
Back to top Go down
caddyman

caddyman

Number of posts : 1127
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptyThu Oct 15 2009, 21:21

looking spot on mate yet another mk2 with those rare chrome trimed bumpers got to love the gl look
Back to top Go down
jim-uk16

jim-uk16

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptyThu Oct 15 2009, 21:31

wyton pe28 2ja bud

done the headlining will put up pics tomorrow bloody thing!!!!
Back to top Go down
jim-uk16

jim-uk16

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptyFri Oct 16 2009, 20:31

well plans have continued today i finished the roof lining and was feeling quite smug and happy, untill i came inside from the freezing garage and found the sunroof still thereProject GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE 298631 anyway all done and looking good.

the vr6 may be going this weekend if the offers right if not then shall i use it?
it was not my first choice of engine but it came up and i would have been a fool to let it sit there, however any opinions are welcome.

here are some clues as to what im thinking:
[img]Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE 7188415-md[/img]
[img]Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE Nicolas-cage-picture-1[/img]
[img]Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE Smooth-inside-cover[/img]
cheers
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

Female Number of posts : 1445
Drives : black 6n polo and 6n2 GTI
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptyFri Oct 16 2009, 20:50

Tiz wrote:
polo steph wrote:
lookin good there mate. the bbs (scene whore wheels) really do change the look of it Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE Icon_geek

she says with her scene whore top and even more scene whore cream banded steelies Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE 795435Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE Icon_geek

dont forget about the sticker there tiz Razz
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptySat Oct 17 2009, 06:40

this is one lovely looking mk2.

your wheels set it off a treat

well done mate
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptySat Oct 17 2009, 11:00

polo steph wrote:
Tiz wrote:
polo steph wrote:

dont forget about the sticker there tiz Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE Icon_razz

my bad, saw you in town earlier, gave you a beep or 2 and you kept driving, you stuck up biaaaaatch Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE Icon_geek
Back to top Go down
jim-uk16

jim-uk16

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptySat Oct 17 2009, 12:23

Tiz wrote:
polo steph wrote:
Tiz wrote:
polo steph wrote:

dont forget about the sticker there tiz Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE Icon_razz

my bad, saw you in town earlier, gave you a beep or 2 and you kept driving, you stuck up biaaaaatch Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE Icon_geek

You two get a room!! stop hogging my buildProject GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE Icon_idea
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptySat Oct 17 2009, 12:32

i think the pictures shoudl be the other way round.

smooth, nicolas, old person lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
jim-uk16

jim-uk16

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE EmptySat Oct 17 2009, 13:44

Not even close matt, I'm going for a woollen interior Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE   Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE Empty

Back to top Go down

Project GRUBBY/ renamed DENNIS the MENACE
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next