fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

slammed baywindow

Go down 
+19
whatalotafun
Ivan
mk1g60phill
max
BigMonty
spanner_allan
jimmymidnight
Lupton_20vt
lance
matty_mk1
justin walker
Rigamortiz
ratlook_ping
Ashley
plucky
billybug
69rat
vwrascal
gld
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
BigMonty

BigMonty

Male Number of posts : 451
Drives : French daddy bus. and a few dubs
Registration date : 2008-02-27

slammed baywindow - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 23 2009, 22:38

Air is cool. But I have seen this and it is always in slammed position.
I am getting a bit too long in the tooth for messing my back up when I am on the road personally, but I love to see slammed machines driving about.
Each to their own. I would go for air or even better spheres.
Back to top Go down
BigMonty

BigMonty

Male Number of posts : 451
Drives : French daddy bus. and a few dubs
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 23 2009, 22:40

justin walker wrote:
Have you ever seen this bay drive down the road and look gash? this van has been lowered 12" then the 17" wheels lifted it back up so he then chose to tubb the front and got it down another 3". the trackin has been set to drive 2" off the floor and he does upto speeds off 70 or more he doesnt like to lift it up but if you could get the front bumper of a bay to sit on the floor wouldnt you show it, I cant wait to see the back bumper sit down on the ground. All his work is his own and can be seen on the T2D web site beakers blog.

I got real bored reading this.
Is it Me ?????????
(probably)
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 23 2009, 22:44

Na me too m8 Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 23 2009, 23:56

justin walker wrote:
how is a rat late bay on 17" fuchs old school, and how else could you lay it down onthe ground

well its not exactly a new skool camper is it? lmfao

i wouldnt want a car laying on the floor wouldnt be able to drive it like it, much prefer to have a car as close as possible but just about drivable so its the same height cruising down road as it is parked up
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24 2009, 08:49

billybug wrote:
justin walker wrote:
how is a rat late bay on 17" fuchs old school, and how else could you lay it down onthe ground

well its not exactly a new skool camper is it? lmfao

i wouldnt want a car laying on the floor wouldnt be able to drive it like it, much prefer to have a car as close as possible but just about drivable so its the same height cruising down road as it is parked up

*highfives*
Back to top Go down
justin walker

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24 2009, 22:45

anyone can fit coil overs and drive around on the bumpstops.
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25 2009, 12:20

Really? what is it you drive then m8?

I bet its loooooooooow Razz
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25 2009, 12:42

justin walker wrote:

i agree with that, but also alot cheaper than air bag you can get just as low and its more manly Razz

i think its WAY more impressive when someone gets a car amazinly low with out using airbags, specially the slammed beetles, the amount of work that goes into them, narrowed beams, modified shocks towers, notched spring plates, even shortend floor pans! its way more impressive than just stuffing a set of airbags on and dropping it on the floor at shows. i know a serious amount of work has gone into that bus and i respect the guy for it im not dissing him one bit im just saying I think it would be much more impressive without airbags, but thats what i think.
Back to top Go down
spanner_allan

spanner_allan

Male Number of posts : 266
Drives : mk1 golf driver
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25 2009, 18:00

at the end of the day if you didnt know it had air on it what would you opinion be? its not like its got massive great yellow stickers saying air on the side of the van to ruin it. it was this low when he first body dropped it and now its just practical.
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25 2009, 18:07

i saw it before it was on air last year and i loved it it was perfect, it sits at the same hight driving along, but now at shows he drops it on the floor, i just dont get the point lol, but he obviously likes it then fair play to him its still an awesome bus but not as cool as before in my books
Back to top Go down
lance

lance

Male Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25 2009, 18:40

Back to top Go down
ratlook_ping

ratlook_ping

Male Number of posts : 585
Drives : Mk1 golf

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25 2009, 20:25

billybug wrote:
justin walker wrote:

i agree with that, but also alot cheaper than air bag you can get just as low and its more manly Razz

i think its WAY more impressive when someone gets a car amazinly low with out using airbags, specially the slammed beetles, the amount of work that goes into them, narrowed beams, modified shocks towers, notched spring plates, even shortend floor pans! its way more impressive than just stuffing a set of airbags on and dropping it on the floor at shows. i know a serious amount of work has gone into that bus and i respect the guy for it im not dissing him one bit im just saying I think it would be much more impressive without airbags, but thats what i think.

All that work goes into bagged bugs and buses too, even more in ballsys bus. Id like an air beam on my next bug, just think its makes sense if you wanna go silly low, My old bug (no air and voted lowest in the country Razz) was a deathtrap to drive.
Unless you've pulled a cats eye out of the road at 80, you really have no idea how scary and ridiculous these bugs are lol. Scraping is cool, but did anyone ever see that mentally low razor edge that was written off on the way to ninove? it hit the lump going into the ferry and kinked the roof Cry thats why air makes sense Cool .
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ping_i
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25 2009, 23:11

i can under stand why people have air but i just dont like it! id much prefer to have no air (i like to live dangerously Razz) i just think its so much more hardcore to run lower that air bagged cars, but thats what i think, fair enough if you like air but i personaly think its cheating in away.
Back to top Go down
justin walker

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27 2009, 20:56

matty_mk1 wrote:

what ever car i have there always lower than yours.
Back to top Go down
justin walker

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27 2009, 21:02

billybug wrote:
justin walker wrote:

you dont "bolt a bag" on to make a car low, you put it on to lift it up
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28 2009, 01:18

yea im sure your shitron picasso is way lower than matty's cabby and audi lmfao, unless its rolling on air??

did i say "bolt a bag" to make it low?? if you actually read it, i said "stuffing a set of air bags on".

its MY view on airbags, no need to get arsey about it my dear.
Back to top Go down
spanner_allan

spanner_allan

Male Number of posts : 266
Drives : mk1 golf driver
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28 2009, 11:58

the simple fact of it is "practicality" maybe he just doesnt want to ruin all the work he put into it body dropping the van by hitting a cats eye when the simple solution has been to bag it. in my opinion i dont like bags but this van has had much more work than just sticking air on it, ballzy puts a hell of a lot of work in his motors and if it was your van would you like people insulting it even if you are against air. some people are clearly under the wrong impression on here cos they dont know the work thats gone into it, and others saying "the new owner", what new owner? matt still owns it.
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28 2009, 14:12

spanner_allan wrote:
the simple fact of it is "practicality" maybe he just doesnt want to ruin all the work he put into it body dropping the van by hitting a cats eye when the simple solution has been to bag it. in my opinion i dont like bags but this van has had much more work than just sticking air on it, ballzy puts a hell of a lot of work in his motors and if it was your van would you like people insulting it even if you are against air. some people are clearly under the wrong impression on here cos they dont know the work thats gone into it, and others saying "the new owner", what new owner? matt still owns it.

im not insulting him what so ever! i love it, one of my fav vans out there, all i said was id prefer it with out the bags because im not a fan of them, before he had bags it ran at the same height it does on the roads with the bags so he will be hitting cats eyes just as much before just whenits parked up it sits on the bumper.

i was mainly talking about airbags in general wasnt aiming anything at the bus.
Back to top Go down
mk1g60phill

mk1g60phill

Male Number of posts : 2918
Drives : Seat leon fr 20vt & a t4 land barge hippy van.
Registration date : 2008-02-21

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28 2009, 14:59

It depends how much you care about fukin your car up, and what it cost u to.
Back to top Go down
http://deborah.ball703@ntlworld.com
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28 2009, 16:55

justin walker wrote:
matty_mk1 wrote:

what ever car i have there always lower than yours.

Ok cool, see ya at the next meet with a tape measure Razz
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28 2009, 16:56

God, people have different opinions. its not the end of the world, get over it and move on Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28 2009, 19:01

mk1g60phill wrote:
It depends how much you care about fukin your car up, and what it cost u to.

i dont care about foooookin up a car beeing silly low no matter how much it cost me and how much work went into it, if i did care then i wouldnt have a car that low, i just think its cool as fook scraping everywhere with a shower of sparks Very Happy but that my opinion
Back to top Go down
lance

lance

Male Number of posts : 308

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28 2009, 20:59

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUoQV67qTWc
you cant do this on coilovers
Back to top Go down
mk1g60phill

mk1g60phill

Male Number of posts : 2918
Drives : Seat leon fr 20vt & a t4 land barge hippy van.
Registration date : 2008-02-21

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28 2009, 21:05

If you lived in chesterton u might not have it so low,you got all good roads in royston m8.
Back to top Go down
http://deborah.ball703@ntlworld.com
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28 2009, 21:47

mk1g60phill wrote:
If you lived in chesterton u might not have it so low,you got all good roads in royston m8.

i drive my car everywhere not just round royston, the country lanes to my brothers work are terrible, and the lanes to my girlfriends house (gamlingay) are real bad, all the little roads round santa pod are pretty bad, and the country roads in devon are the worst ive ever driven down, but i kept the car the same hight, scraping dosnt bother me and hitting cats eyes at 70+ dont bother me just puts a big smile on my face Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: slammed baywindow   slammed baywindow - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

slammed baywindow
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next