fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oil leak,major probs !

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MrD

MrD

Male Number of posts : 152
Drives : Vauxhall Vivaro 2 ltr tdci work van/ Scirocco gtx 1.8 dx ,kent cam,6 point cage,vernier,k+n,soon to be 9a powered
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Oil leak,major probs ! Empty
PostSubject: Oil leak,major probs !   Oil leak,major probs ! EmptyWed Mar 25 2009, 16:31

Had an oil leak from my roc for a month or so now,so bad i can`t drive it at the moment Evil or Very Mad..Have changed sump and rocker gasket,still leaking.
Changed cam,intermediate shaft and crank oil seals,got one seal wrong so still leaking.stripped it down for the 2nd time,new seals again,and also rubber o ring behind int shaft flange.Put it all back together,still leaking Twisted Evil. Stripped it again ,had a good look at inter shaft flange,it`s got a hairline crack running all the way through it Evil or Very Mad.
Getting on from a mate over in Littleport on thursday..Does anyone have any idea why it would crack ?

Stripping again on thurs and if that don`t fix it i will have to bite the bullet and take it to a garage :(.
Back to top Go down
james.

james.

Male Number of posts : 719
Drives : bmw 740
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Oil leak,major probs !   Oil leak,major probs ! EmptyWed Mar 25 2009, 20:55

Can't really picture where you mean but things do crack if they get over tightend maybe that could of caused it :|
Back to top Go down
MrD

MrD

Drives : Vauxhall Vivaro 2 ltr tdci work van/ Scirocco gtx 1.8 dx ,kent cam,6 point cage,vernier,k+n,soon to be 9a powered

PostSubject: Re: Oil leak,major probs !   Oil leak,major probs ! EmptyWed Mar 25 2009, 21:17

Behind the intermediate shaft pully is a little flange thing held in by 2 bolts,looks like it has been like it some time,only saw it after polishing it up a bit with wet+dry.Hoping it wasn`t the strain from the oil pump i took out,which was more or less seized,couldn`t turn it by hand !
Back to top Go down
h5lrw

h5lrw

Male Number of posts : 46
Drives : Corrado Valver (Road) MKII (Race)
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Oil leak,major probs !   Oil leak,major probs ! EmptyThu Mar 26 2009, 08:48

It could've been the extra load (if the Oil pump was hard to turn). The flange material would've become brittle over time being subjected to 1000's of heat cycles.
Should be fine and good for a few 1000 more after its been replaced, and on the bright side you've got some nice new shiny seals and gaskets in your block Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfgtiracing.co.uk
MrD

MrD

PostSubject: Re: Oil leak,major probs !   Oil leak,major probs ! EmptyThu Mar 26 2009, 10:12

Cool cheers Very Happy...Yeah oil pump i removed as was not giving very good pressure when warm,upon removal tried to turn by hand and it was more or less seized solid !
Engine only needs to last me a few more months,then going ABF power,with my k-jet,should see an easy 190 bhp,with a few small mods Very Happy

Car was put on the road after 4 long years waiting for me to get my finger out with it,been taxed since Oct ,runs out end of this month,prob only done a couple of 100 miles in it ,as stuff keeps going wrong !
Glad i don`t rely on it for transport.
Back to top Go down
MrD

MrD

PostSubject: Re: Oil leak,major probs !   Oil leak,major probs ! EmptySat Mar 28 2009, 08:40

Fixed Very Happy was leaking from the plate behind the crank pulley,which had 3 bolts missing ! oh well i have all new oil seals now,and new inter flange thing that`s not cracked Very Happy and no oil leak,off to get it tuned up this morning ,if i can get booked in somewhere,going to try place in Huntingdon near train station
Back to top Go down
h5lrw

h5lrw

Male Number of posts : 46
Drives : Corrado Valver (Road) MKII (Race)
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Oil leak,major probs !   Oil leak,major probs ! EmptyMon Mar 30 2009, 08:07

Glad to hear its sorted. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfgtiracing.co.uk
MrD

MrD

PostSubject: Re: Oil leak,major probs !   Oil leak,major probs ! EmptyTue Mar 31 2009, 10:40

So am i Very Happy at long last ! have been working on the tuneing since sat,turning into quite an obsession ! ie i set the vernier and dizzy,go for a blast pull over re set vernier and dizzy,try and decide if it`s quicker or not,re adjust it etc.
Got a bit sick of doing this.
It`s in the garage today for 4 hours tuning going to cost me over £200,so my tyres better be smoking when i leave there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MrD

MrD

PostSubject: Re: Oil leak,major probs !   Oil leak,major probs ! EmptyTue Mar 31 2009, 14:01

Got it back £172 lighter in the pocket,and not running any better than i had it running on sat before i adjusted it without marking where everything was :(.
Moral of the story is don`t be greedy ! oh well i hope that has cured my OCD problem now ! and hopefully won`t be spending anymore now until i find an abf for it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oil leak,major probs !   Oil leak,major probs ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Oil leak,major probs !
Page 1 of 1