fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

project--rustowagen mk1 caddy

Go down 
+49
Stampers
WeFoundThePark
Cupra20
guy
Liam B
ratgolf
Pistacheuro
68bug
hypeboy
Dan34
james.
mark-1vw
whittle
charlie1987
nelds
vw-nay
jim-uk16
CustomChris
STRASSE KRIEGER
tinks
edthedrummer
mooragerx7
tyeness
Lupton_20vt
max
Jodiedalton
mk1rolf
barnzy beetle
lance
caddyman
onlyady
Whitegt
Em-Dub
VW Mike
Tom
mk1g60phill
69rat
krazy*k
mk3golfcab
Tiz
greased-up-deaf-guy
matty_mk1
Rach-VW
Rigamortiz
MarkGTX
CaddyRage
polo steph
billybug
curtis_caddy
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 29 2008, 17:30

you getting on really well. i need to pull my finger out on mine! got next week booked off work so should get loads done. gonna be hard catching up!
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

Male Number of posts : 2138
Drives : LWB T5 and 69 bug - we will see who is fastest on the strip hey Mark ;)
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 30 2008, 11:51

This looks awesome dude Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightymetamorphicracing.co.uk
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

Male Number of posts : 3070
Drives : mk2 driver
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 30 2008, 12:24

cheers for all the comments again guys. mark you can catch up with me, you dont need any bodywork realy! can i have ur filler free wheel arches please Very Happy ?
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 05 2008, 19:02

havent had much of an update for a while now, managed to get a good 4-5 hours work today, got a fair bit done. mostly the same ol' filling sanding and priming :blink: will let the piks do the talking as tere isnt overly much to say for once, so enjoy.....

project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Thewhitecaddy167
project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Thewhitecaddy168

project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Thewhitecaddy170
project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Thewhitecaddy154

project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Thewhitecaddy161

decided to start on tidying te bed up a bit today. started off by sanding it all down again to get rid of small bits of filler and other random bits that had gathered over the last few weeks. as you can see in the picture the bed is a little pitted, the bed is going to have stone chip on it so i can use it for what it was deisgned for. going to use the same stonechip as i did on the drivers side sill (haven't got round to doing the passenger side yet). its smooth so wont look like normal stone chip but will give good protection. decided to get rid the of the little pitted bits by doing a light skim on all the high sections of the bed. took ages but will be worth it once its all done!
project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Thewhitecaddy165

now ive made room in the garage i can do work whilst its raining....so keep ur eyes on the thrad for more updates during the week!....comment away peeps...
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 05 2008, 20:03

foooookin hell, i thought it was Rustowagen, that bed looks pretty much mint hahaha good work dude
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 05 2008, 20:09

billybug wrote:
foooookin hell, i thought it was Rustowagen, that bed looks pretty much mint hahaha good work dude

its still the rustowagen as it was rusty haha na the bed is silghtly wavy not overly bad for a daily one tho. cant wait till i get my new engine in and can destrooooy chavs lol
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06 2008, 17:12

chavs like me:D

what colour you painting it? haha
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 14 2008, 19:19

got a fair bit of work done over the week end, may not look like much but its a big step forward. managed to get the screen out with out braking it which is a bonus lol dad has now entered the build so the father son team is back in action and cracking on once again. dad started to get the engine bay ready for a slight bit of smoothing and a good clean, all the loom is removed. engine is going to have a test fir with the carbs over the week end Very Happy

anyway heres some piks from the last few days

found a couple of small holes in the bottom of the screen sill

project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Thewhitecaddy190

project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Thewhitecaddy191

also stripped the inside out, removed all the junk that was init already for the doors to be musked up :thumbs_up

project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Thewhitecaddy193

then just the usual filler piks lol

project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Thewhitecaddy194

project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Thewhitecaddy195

also couldnt resist trying the wellers on my grey caddy as this one is lowered but i only took one pik but you get the idea Very Happy

project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Thewhitecaddy188

dad also got the passenger side door sill and post infront of it all back to bare metal, no most dirst or lil scabby bits left there now, all ready for the door to be musked up then i can get the stone chip out and the etch primer and start making some progress again.

all comments welcome again peeps...
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 14 2008, 23:25

looking good dude, shes getting there.

wellers sat so well on the grey 1, i think you should run them for winter Cool

Last edited by matty_mk1 on Tue Oct 14 2008, 23:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my retarded spelling)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
polo steph

polo steph

Female Number of posts : 1445
Drives : black 6n polo and 6n2 GTI
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 16 2008, 16:56

run ya wellers for next meet they look well kewl! glad ya gettin on well with ya project!
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 16 2008, 17:25

polo steph wrote:
run ya wellers for next meet they look well kewl! glad ya gettin on well with ya project!

mite do just for the meet, going to be running some rather random steels through the winter as i dont want to mess the wellers up as they are for the other caddy. only got one problem as ive only got 2 wheels with tyres on as im still waiting for money for some new tyres lol if they aren't on my caddy ile bring one to the meet for you to droooool over haha geek
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

Female Number of posts : 1445
Drives : black 6n polo and 6n2 GTI
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 16 2008, 18:48

mmm nice 1 ill bring a bib!dnt worry im running 1 steel n 3 splitties lmao
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 17 2008, 19:22

havent done much this week as ive had some tme away and going to hit it hard this week end now im full of energy and exitment Very Happy mainly as im going to pick my carbs up tomorrow morning and then having a test fit and small mock up with the motor box and carbs in the bay over the week end. :p

come home from work today and see the caddy out of the garage and dad walk out with a grin on his face, wasnt sure what had been going on but was a nice suprise to see this.....
project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Thewhitecaddy200
project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Thewhitecaddy201

say no to seam sealer!...the bay is going to be semi smooth and simple. all the seem sealer is going (not much left now) but need to get another wire wheel or 2. just wanted to do a bit before we put the motor in. also got rid of the expansion tank for the rad as im gooing to run a big top fill rad. also going to have a nice tidy up with te wiring once it all goes back in. may possible run the wiring for the headlights around the inside of the wing just to tidy it up a bit :td no other piks im afraid but im sure thre will be a huge pregression over the week end :thumbs_up
Back to top Go down
greased-up-deaf-guy

Male Number of posts : 379
Drives : Seat inca
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 17 2008, 19:30

Very nice mate, so much better when you lose the seam sealer! Think you should get a small drycell battery and stick it under the seat. Please pretty please run your wires through the inner wing, you know you wanna lol.

Comin on well!
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 17 2008, 19:33

going to run a few on the outside of the wings, never done it before so if you have im going to come steal ya one week end lol! hopefuly going to hide my washer bottle aswel, just waiting on sme info on how oters have done it Laughing
Back to top Go down
greased-up-deaf-guy

Male Number of posts : 379
Drives : Seat inca
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 17 2008, 19:44

Yeah go for it! Really not that hard, im up for helpin.

Have a looky at this site, got everything you could ever want including a washer bag or bottle..

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/index.asp?function=SEARCH

Hope that works lol

Edit search washer bag or bottle lol
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 17 2008, 19:53

wow, that website you could get loads of little bits and probaly spend loads of money. good find that man! you may have many phone calls to come bud Razz
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 18 2008, 17:40

heres some more piks from today enjoy peeps.....(this is a test fit and make sure it all goes in ok as weve never done this before) engine will be back out next week once weve had a play with some sort of air feed. then will finish the bay up and paint it then strip the engine and paint that....
project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Thewhitecaddy202

then with the twin 40's on
project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Thewhitecaddy205
project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Thewhitecaddy206

all comments welcome....
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 19 2008, 00:26

lovely set of carbs
Back to top Go down
Em-Dub

Em-Dub

Female Number of posts : 166
Drives : Rocco and lupo
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 19 2008, 16:50

OMG i know that engine! Looking good.
Back to top Go down
Whitegt

Whitegt

Male Number of posts : 988
Drives : mk3 gti......................8v :(

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 19 2008, 17:28

i drove marks gtx and that 8v was a very strong engine! should be alot of fun with the carbs on Smile
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 19 2008, 17:57

Whitegt wrote:
i drove marks gtx and that 8v was a very strong engine! should be alot of fun with the carbs on Smile

hope so, will be good if i cant a good air feed to them aswel Laughing

cheers for all the other comments guys Razz

also got my carbs bolted in today after sorting some other clearance issues out. was nice to see them in there without getting someone to hold them up! engine is already back out and started to make some plans for the bay. by the time we sorted everything thing out didnt have much lght left so i made a bit of a start on the bay. going to concetrate in here for now and get it all in primer before we put the engine back in for another fitting for extra secret goodies :wub:

heres a couple piks from today. enjoy peeps...
project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Thewhitecaddy207

before the grinder came out to play..
project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Thewhitecaddy212
...and after, got to get the wire wheel in all the little places next then carry on around the rest of the bay...
project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Thewhitecaddy213
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 19 2008, 22:14

looking good mate. i can assure thats a great engine.

next time i come over i'll take some measurements for a nice heat sheild. or a letter box shaped duct that feeds the caarbs with air form the scuttle? like tiz suggested, that would look smart all polished up
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 20 2008, 10:41

MarkGTX wrote:
looking good mate. i can assure thats a great engine.

next time i come over i'll take some measurements for a nice heat sheild. or a letter box shaped duct that feeds the caarbs with air form the scuttle? like tiz suggested, that would look smart all polished up

Stainless open ended plenum that sucks are from the scuttle area would look immense polished up, easily pinstripped too. Make it bolt to the carbs, nice ram pipes in the carbs, cut a hole in the sctuttle big enough to allow for engine movement if you do it though.
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 20 2008, 10:53

something like this?

project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Rustobox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: project--rustowagen mk1 caddy   project--rustowagen mk1 caddy - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

project--rustowagen mk1 caddy
Page 4 of 38Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next