fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

project black n cream.

Go down 
+30
MK1G60
snaylor91
james.
maf def
WeFoundThePark
Lupton_20vt
Buey
Dan34
tyeness
mk1g60phill
Cupra20
vladimir
Ashley
lilmisroyston
clipper23
Whitegt
bob_drinks_beer
lee
Ed
martinb
billybug
Sam
greased-up-deaf-guy
matty_mk1
curtis_caddy
Tiz
mk3golfcab
MarkGTX
CaddyRage
polo steph
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
jim-uk16

jim-uk16

Male Number of posts : 599
Drives : 83 MK1, Octavia Workhorse and general chum's carrier pigeon
Registration date : 2009-08-15

project black n cream. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: project black n cream.   project black n cream. - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 07 2011, 21:29

pm'd as im not detracting your build thread Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
snaylor91

snaylor91

Male Number of posts : 99
Drives : MK3 Golf
Registration date : 2011-03-25

PostSubject: Re: project black n cream.   project black n cream. - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 07 2011, 22:10

polo steph wrote:
snaylor91 wrote:
How many sets of wheels do you want Laughing I suppose it justifies the wheelwhores sticker lol

As ive said before though does look really good, i just to think mk4 polos we awful as my friend she has a silver 1.0L basic model horrible grey interior orange indicators rusty steels massive arch gaps.. Set a bad impression i think lol

Oh and thats totally my car in the sprin fest pic in its green dulux days No

haha well im now down to 3 sets i sold the BBS coz they were shite and i had to sell the le castellets :( i really didnt want to but was the only thing i had to sell my mk4 polo on.

and proof not all mk4 polo's look shite:

project black n cream. - Page 5 Polofield

thats my old one Wink

yea it is ur car haha i love lookin at old piks

I didnt say a of them look s**t Razz just stayed out of show season and the dub scene until now i only saw standard ones lol
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: project black n cream.   project black n cream. - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 08 2011, 07:49

Lot of progress steph didnt realise that many wheels had passed through your hands. Another matty in the making? Either way it looked awesome on sunday Cool
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: project black n cream.   project black n cream. - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 08 2011, 08:56

Lupton_20vt wrote:
Lot of progress steph didnt realise that many wheels had passed through your hands. Another matty in the making? Either way it looked awesome on sunday Cool

I was thinking much the same, wheel whore much. Laughing

My favourites are still the pepper pots, they sat like the third bowl of porridge, just right. Wink
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

Female Number of posts : 1445
Drives : black 6n polo and 6n2 GTI
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: project black n cream.   project black n cream. - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 08 2011, 14:43

[quote

I didnt say a of them look s**t Razz just stayed out of show season and the dub scene until now i only saw standard ones lol[/quote]

haha ill let you off, cant have you dissin the polo's Razz

i think its because a lot of blokes think polos are for gurls, thats why theres not many modded ones about.
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

PostSubject: Re: project black n cream.   project black n cream. - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 08 2011, 14:47

max wrote:
Lupton_20vt wrote:

I was thinking much the same, wheel whore much. Laughing

My favourites are still the pepper pots, they sat like the third bowl of porridge, just right. Wink

yea i did have a lot of wheels at one point, down to only 3 sets now tho so my bedroom has a bit of space atm lol. defo not got as many as matty! he is a bigger whore than me Smile thanks im glad you liked the new look!

thanks max, im glad u like the peppy's i really like them too, im defo keeping them for next winter, could do with a tidy up as they do have some kurb marks but i like them silver look nice n oem Smile
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

PostSubject: Re: project black n cream.   project black n cream. - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17 2011, 20:19

time for another chapter

winter was pretty much here, adapters were ordered along with tyres, i opted for 25mm adapters in the end and fitted the rear with an extra 25mm spacing too, yep 50mm of spacing of the back end :/

project black n cream. - Page 5 SAM_0220

looked the t*ts tho even if i do say so myself!

project black n cream. - Page 5 SAM_0208

after a little word with a trainee policeman i decided it would be a good idea to put my number plate back on so i ordered a new grill and a 3/4 plate for the front, i figured an illegal one is better than no plate, right..?

id allready bought some brackets from focus, got my bro to powder coat them black for me and bolted them up then fixed the plate on with some sticky pads from halfords

project black n cream. - Page 5 Photo0279

project black n cream. - Page 5 Photo0278

project black n cream. - Page 5 Photo0282

project black n cream. - Page 5 Photo0286

project black n cream. - Page 5 Photo0288

parked up in peterborough one day and just couldnt resist

project black n cream. - Page 5 Photo0485

project black n cream. - Page 5 Photo0482

at this point winter was cumming to an end and i hadnt done anything since the bad weather had come so it was time to get my arse into gear once more, i decided i would strip the tyres off the bandies ready for a furb sometime and i uncovered my SSRs, really wanted to get then built up and back on a car as it had been a while.

project black n cream. - Page 5 Photo0059

couldnt get my centers to fit in my baskets so i took a trip to mattys and out came the angle grinder, for obvious reasons i let matty do the grinding part, massive thank you for that Smile we quickly bolted them together but i wasnt happy with the state the backs of the baskets were in and thought they let the wheels down, so i unbolted them all and got out the scotch pad, fun times Smile

before

project black n cream. - Page 5 Photo0058

done

project black n cream. - Page 5 Photo0061

project black n cream. - Page 5 Photo0062

finally they were nearing compleation. tyres were on order 165/45/15's. the lips needed a good buff as they had gone dull and milky in places, i tried a little autosol but it was too abrasive and leaving scratches, so did my homework and purchased a pot of megs metal polish, this stuff i have to say is the t*ts!

before:

project black n cream. - Page 5 Photo0098

after:

project black n cream. - Page 5 Photo0097

project black n cream. - Page 5 Photo0096

project black n cream. - Page 5 Photo0100

after polishing i gave them a good coat of poorboys rim wax on the dishes and centres, needless to say i had a massive headache after all them fumes and polishing/waxing non stop for a few hrs. popped the bolts back in and took another trip to mattys and he torqued them up for me, so another thank you there for matty!

project black n cream. - Page 5 Photo0101

SSRs went on for the 1st time in about 2yrs of being off a car, i was chuffed to bits, i put a 15mm spacer on the front and a 25+15mm on the rear to get it sitting nice.

project black n cream. - Page 5 066

project black n cream. - Page 5 Polo

as a few of you may have heard i won a 20 of the best trophy, missed the prize giving so my trophy will be in the post soon, needless to say i was over the moon!

went to early edition today and entered show and shine, was a good day and even better when i decided to stay for the prize giving...

project black n cream. - Page 5 Photo0145

project black n cream. - Page 5 Photo0142

project black n cream. - Page 5 Photo0140

2nd place in the polo class Very Happy chuffed to pieces as i didnt expect anything today as the standard of cars was quite high Smile
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: project black n cream.   project black n cream. - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18 2011, 05:16

Well done steph!

And i have to agree, the megs metal polish is awesome
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

PostSubject: Re: project black n cream.   project black n cream. - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18 2011, 08:05

MarkGTX wrote:
Well done steph!

And i have to agree, the megs metal polish is awesome

thank you mark.

yea that stuff is soo good, kinda makes me wish i had more things to polish lol
Back to top Go down
Pistacheuro

Pistacheuro

Male Number of posts : 1343
Drives : '95 6N.
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: project black n cream.   project black n cream. - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18 2011, 09:57

Yeah well done Stepth, definately looks well deserved!
Back to top Go down
krazy*k

krazy*k

Female Number of posts : 513
Drives : MK3 polo G40 Slag

PostSubject: Re: project black n cream.   project black n cream. - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18 2011, 19:13

Look good love Very Happy bring on players Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cambsdubcollective/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: project black n cream.   project black n cream. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

project black n cream.
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5