fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Going to see an Audi S3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nef

Nef

Number of posts : 551
Drives : Black Seat Leon Cupra - GSXR750 K6
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Going to see an Audi S3 Empty
PostSubject: Going to see an Audi S3   Going to see an Audi S3 EmptyMon Dec 06 2010, 14:07

Maybe going to view a Norago Blue Audi S3 2001 reg, few extras, 44k miles for under £7000.

Is there anything i should look out for, also is this a good price?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
james.

james.

Male Number of posts : 719
Drives : bmw 740
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Going to see an Audi S3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going to see an Audi S3   Going to see an Audi S3 EmptyMon Dec 06 2010, 18:13

Is that the AMK or BAM engine? Im thinking its probably the latter being a 2001 model. I understand that the BAM engines are stonger and obviously are 225hp rather than the 210hp of the AMK.

As for things to look out for, just the usual really. Service history, have a look if there is any paperwork of haldex oil/filter changes. Timing belt been changed ect. Check that the Xenon headlamps work as they are expensive to replace if they need to be. 44k miles is very low for an S3 so id make double sure theres some paperwork to back up the mileage.

But... having said all that, i bought an S3 and it had brilliant service history mostly all main dealer audi stuff. Was always serviced on time and never went over the mileage. And it bent a conrod in less than a year of owning it Rolling Eyes I thought i knew about buying cars being a mechanic scratch but i ended up buying a monkey lol! so theres no way to gaurantee its going to be a good car really.

Mine was the AMK engine code, in hindsight i should have researched about them alot more before buying and would have possibly been more wary of that engine. But not to worry.. its being rebuilt better and stronger than it was from the factory Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Going to see an Audi S3
Page 1 of 1