fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MK4 Golf air filter hose?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

MK4 Golf air filter hose? Empty
PostSubject: MK4 Golf air filter hose?   MK4 Golf air filter hose? EmptyMon Feb 22 2010, 20:41

Nice and simple this one....

I've got a K&N 57i fitted to my 2.sl0w MK4 GTI.
Only problem is the amount of hose that K&N give you after handing over £100 to them is jack all.
Had the kit fitted for around 3-4 months now, and 3 times the original VW hosing that sits between the filter and the engine has popped off.
This is because the Z bracket holding the filter head in place is too far away from the engine, and the original VW hosing doesnt like to stretch to accomodate it. At all.

Stupid K&N.... Mad

Anyway, just wondered if anyone knows the diameter of the hose that is used to attach to the engine?
I cant find details anywhere online, and after having to pop the b*****d back on yesterday, I really cant be dealing with taking it off again to measure it.
Anyone know?

Also, if I get hold of a nice long amount of it, I can then push the air filter down behind/to the side of the battery more giving it much better access to chug some more air.
That in turn with spinning the Z bracket round to sit the other way to hold it up better should make for a much more efficient filter, and make the bay look tidier.

Mucho gracias senoritas! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: MK4 Golf air filter hose?   MK4 Golf air filter hose? EmptyMon Feb 22 2010, 20:44

Can you get a picture mate make it a it clearer what you need. MK4 Golf air filter hose? 460227
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: MK4 Golf air filter hose?   MK4 Golf air filter hose? EmptyTue Feb 23 2010, 10:21

Lupton_20vt wrote:
Can you get a picture mate make it a it clearer what you need. MK4 Golf air filter hose? 460227

Here you go....

MK4 Golf air filter hose? Enginebay

Thats not my bay btw, just the first MK4 2.0 GTI bay I could find on google images. I've circled it to show you what I mean.
All i'm gonna need is a piece of hosing to go from the elbow joint at the engine block to the MAF sensor, and from the other side of the MAF to another elbow joint with the air filter fitted on the right hand side behind the battery.

I just need to know what diameter the piece of hose/tubing that i've circled is. I'm guessing its around 70mm but I cant find details anywhere.

It'll just tidy the bay up a bit, and stop the non-stretching hose from the engine block to the MAF sensor from popping off everytime I hit a bloody pot-hole... MK4 Golf air filter hose? Icon_mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: MK4 Golf air filter hose?   MK4 Golf air filter hose? EmptyTue Feb 23 2010, 15:25

Just measured mine mate, comes in at 7.6cm, at the MAF end. As for the other id assume it would be the same but mine is a different set up. Best give vindis a ring to double check though. MK4 Golf air filter hose? 460227
Back to top Go down
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: MK4 Golf air filter hose?   MK4 Golf air filter hose? EmptyTue Feb 23 2010, 17:45

Both ends of the MAF will be the same diameter. Only the later R32's and anything with the K04 turbo'd 20 valves had a bigger MAF.

Only problem with the pipe that runs from the MAF to the throttle body is it incorporates hoses for the breather system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MK4 Golf air filter hose?   MK4 Golf air filter hose? Empty

Back to top Go down

MK4 Golf air filter hose?
Page 1 of 1