fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED

Go down 
+32
vladimir
caddyman
Pistacheuro
chubby353
bwild
todd
jack
Ian83
Tom.
CaddyRage
curtis_caddy
tinks
jimmymidnight
Jimbo
guy
bravo211
Ashley
WeFoundThePark
Dan34
max
Jay
MarkGTX
Liam B
billybug
Tiz
tomstanforster
Whitegt
matty_mk1
onlyady
nelds
Lupton_20vt
BenjaminHeavey
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
chubby353

chubby353

Male Number of posts : 879
Drives : black bmw e36 on splits
Registration date : 2009-08-27

MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyThu May 13 2010, 22:07

i thought my car was bad lol but tht orange golf is well funny lol does make me laugh u keep updating with this sorta stuff MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 730194
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyThu May 13 2010, 22:14

f**k me i handt seen those pictures of the bonnet o'fire. lock this thread?
Back to top Go down
BenjaminHeavey

BenjaminHeavey

Male Number of posts : 964
Drives : VW Passat B4 2.0 "Passion Wagon", VW Polo mk4 1.0
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 14:10

you want to lock it because it a new way of doing rat styling on the cheap
Back to top Go down
Liam B

Liam B

Male Number of posts : 1257
Drives : T4 Transporter, Mk2 Golf ABF
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 15:30

Lupton_20vt wrote:
lock this thread?

Dont be stupid, this is the funniest thing i have seen all day!

A new way of doing rat! yerr right, what a sack!

Last edited by Liam B on Fri May 14 2010, 15:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WeFoundThePark

Male Number of posts : 425
Drives : Low. Parks: Just as Low.
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 15:36

its not rat.

anything post 1970 that 'tries' to be rat look is a poor and lazy attempt at modifying. in my opinion of course.

if i'm honest you would have been sooooo much better off spending whatever money you've spent so far on a set of matching wheels and -60mm lowering springs and then given the car a wash and polish. you'd be surprised the impact the right set of wheels can have on any car when fitted correctly with a ride height to match.

if you ask me, and this is a public forum so you must be looking for some kind of feedback, being crazy and different to get noticed never works when it comes to cars. getting whatever mods you do to match and work with each other is the key. you dont need money, just patience and a vision.
Back to top Go down
http://www.betrayyourprinciples.co.uk/
Liam B

Liam B

Male Number of posts : 1257
Drives : T4 Transporter, Mk2 Golf ABF
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 15:46

BenjaminHeavey wrote:

How to do a bonnet Wisbech Style

Dose this mean that Every one with a modifed car from Wisbech has to burn there bonnet!

and are they the Wheels in the fire? and do you intend to use them again?

i have seen some shocking cars before but this one tops my list!

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Pistacheuro

Pistacheuro

Male Number of posts : 1343
Drives : '95 6N.
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 15:58

Rat on the cheap?

It costs nothing.
Back to top Go down
Dan34

Dan34

Male Number of posts : 1409
Drives : DC5
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 16:11

Liam B wrote:
BenjaminHeavey wrote:

Dose this mean that Every one with a modifed car from Wisbech has to burn there bonnet!

I hope not MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 Lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ec-dc.co.uk
BenjaminHeavey

BenjaminHeavey

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 16:36

He prefers the correct ride height as he can go over all the bumps in the road, up kerbs and drive without having to worry about removing his front splitter like my golf now on my 3rd splitter on the golf. he like the 16"s on the back and 15" on the front dont ask why he loves them so much.

And explain to me why on a rat look forum there a lot of after 1970's cars done in rat and it might be cheaper but isnt lazy, it a different way of modding with only a few limited rules i.e keeping it road worthy etc

Forum Address: http://rat-look.com/forum/
Back to top Go down
BenjaminHeavey

BenjaminHeavey

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 16:38

Liam B wrote:
BenjaminHeavey wrote:

and are they the Wheels in the fire? and do you intend to use them again?

i have seen some shocking cars before but this one tops my list!

Shocked

If you havent seen the news lately then you would understand!

had to keep the bonnet still on the fire so used the wheels to hold it in place
Back to top Go down
Pistacheuro

Pistacheuro

Male Number of posts : 1343
Drives : '95 6N.
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 16:58

Could you not have just laid the bonnet on the fire..? Pretty sure it wouldnt have moved then?

Can't believe I asked that..MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
BenjaminHeavey

BenjaminHeavey

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 17:02

we wanted to rotate upside down to burn as much as possible before taking for a some bonnet surfing
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 17:27

BenjaminHeavey wrote:
you want to lock it because it a new way of doing rat styling on the cheap

are you f*****g dead in the brain? since when has 'ratlook' been expensive?

THIS CAR IS NOT EFFING RATLOOK YOU EFFING IDIOT.

you have painted it, which is COMPLETELY the opposite to ratlook, and you have put the bonnet on a fire. thats not 'ratlook' its more 'itriedtobedifferentbutimacompleteidiotandhavenoideawhatiamdoinlook'
Back to top Go down
caddyman

caddyman

Number of posts : 1127
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 17:46

wow if the new rat look is painting a sack of sh*t orange i think my van would win hands down i just havnt washed it for 3 mounths even cheaper than paying for paint
instead of burning the bonnet you should of just set fire to the whole thing would of looked better MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 17:47

I think Billy needs to post a pic of his old Mk2 for Ben and his mates to get the right idea about what is more "rat style"
Back to top Go down
BenjaminHeavey

BenjaminHeavey

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 17:48

stickers can be expensive, so can alloy wheels and roof racks.

and i think you ll find that rat mean you can do anything to make it look ratty and there no guide lines
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 17:55

BenjaminHeavey wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

stickers ratlook? roofrack ratlook, and alloys WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT you have NO clue what rat look is at all, this is why ratlook suck major dick now, every thinks as soon as you put a roofrack on and stickers its a ratlook car, do some f*****g research mate.

and tbh ian my mk2 wasnt a real rat, but at least it looked ratty.
Back to top Go down
WeFoundThePark

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 18:29

BenjaminHeavey wrote:
He prefers the correct ride height as he can go over all the bumps in the road, up kerbs and drive without having to worry about removing his front splitter like my golf now on my 3rd splitter on the golf. he like the 16"s on the back and 15" on the front dont ask why he loves them so much.

And explain to me why on a rat look forum there a lot of after 1970's cars done in rat and it might be cheaper but isnt lazy, it a different way of modding with only a few limited rules i.e keeping it road worthy etc

Forum Address: http://rat-look.com/forum/

by the very fact you've quoted a forum called rat-look.com highlights the problem with todays interpretation of rat. a corsa with a rusty bonnet is not rat. a beetle decked with a roof rack isnt rat. billy's rusty mk2 on steels with zero ground clearance wasnt rat, it looked awesome but wasnt rat.

i've only used pre 1970 as an example because to me (remember this is all my opinion and open to individual interpretation and errors. i'm not wikipedia) a true rat car is someone taking an old beater or barn find and using what they've got lying around to get it back on the road and stand out. they dont need to bare metal it because its already rusty. its function over form, its running and on the road. just.

there are no rules to modifying your car no matter what look or style your after. its your car, you call the shots. you dont have to justify it either, when people ask me why i've built my car so i can't use 68% of the queens highway or any multistorey carpark i reply - "because i like it and it makes me smile" end of.

i dont have a problem with the orange golf, fair play for getting stuck in. the problem i have is all the excuses and labels being used.

BenjaminHeavey wrote:

had to keep the bonnet still on the fire so used the wheels to hold it in place

i dont think it would've floated away?
Back to top Go down
WeFoundThePark

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 18:34

BenjaminHeavey wrote:

and i think you ll find that rat mean you can do anything to make it look ratty and there no guide lines

there are no written rules to rat, there are no guidelines to modifying (apart from how close to the law you wanna get)

billybug wrote:
BenjaminHeavey wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

stickers ratlook? roofrack ratlook, and alloys WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT you have NO clue what rat look is at all, this is why ratlook suck major dick now, every thinks as soon as you put a roofrack on and stickers its a ratlook car, do some f*****g research mate.

and tbh ian my mk2 wasnt a real rat, but at least it looked ratty.

i have to agree with billy on every level.

the funniest thing about this whole thread and the one thing that makes me bow down and salute you (with no sarcasm what-so-ever) is the amount of replies and views its had. which lets be honest is the whole reason we start build threads.

whatever you wanna class it as its got peoples attention. so well done.
Back to top Go down
vladimir

vladimir

Male Number of posts : 860
Drives : bora
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 18:54

hahahahahah WTF? and whats with the trainers in the front? cant believe no one has said anything about them yet!
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 18:55

i wish to facepalm this thread.
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 19:00

WeFoundThePark wrote:
billy's rusty mk2 on steels with zero ground clearance wasnt rat, it looked awesome but wasnt rat.

i agree, it was pretty much spare of the moment thing, i wanted to paint it my bro said raw it, i laughed next day we started Razz. tbh i wish i never rawed it, i think it would have looked awesome still mint and that low.

to me a rat car is anything that has naturally weathered. any make any year as long as its naturally faded/rusted etc.
Back to top Go down
WeFoundThePark

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 19:05

billybug wrote:
WeFoundThePark wrote:
billy's rusty mk2 on steels with zero ground clearance wasnt rat, it looked awesome but wasnt rat.

i agree, it was pretty much spare of the moment thing, i wanted to paint it my bro said raw it, i laughed next day we started Razz. tbh i wish i never rawed it, i think it would have looked awesome still mint and that low.

to me a rat car is anything that has naturally weathered. any make any year as long as its naturally faded/rusted etc.

i wasnt dogging on your mk2 dude, you know i have much love for the pics i've seen of it, was just using it as an example.

naturally weathered. i like that definition.
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 19:13

yea i know you werent Razz

yea naturally weathered is good, but Patina is way better Razz
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

Male Number of posts : 3070
Drives : mk2 driver
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 EmptyFri May 14 2010, 19:23

this thread is sooooooooooo funny. what makes it funny is that you dont see why people are taking the pissssss. i dare you to take the orange wagon on stage at edition38 this year MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 680462

im not going to get started on the what is rat etc. im with billy, and once i get ranting the bar will be raised, mine n billys rod pics will be out and your thread will officialy be hijacked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED   MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

MK3 Golf GTi 8v Black UPDATED
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next