fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

passat troubles!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

passat troubles! Empty
PostSubject: passat troubles!   passat troubles! EmptyFri Apr 11 2008, 13:33

right, i was putting something on the back seat of the passat the other night and the alarm went off, which i thought was a bit strange cos the car was unlocked and the door was open. i shut the door and locked it then unlocked it with the keyfob. the problem now is that the indicators down the drivers side are stuck on, they dont flash just permanantly on even when the engine is off. im having to take the battery off to stop it running flat. the passenger side indicators work as they should but the hazards dont flash, they just all come on solid.

oh, and my windows arnt quite right either, they go all the way down on one touch but dont come up, i have to hold the button to shut them, not a huge hassle i know, but something isnt right.

cheers for you help guys,

its a 1997 b5 1.9tdi 110 by the way
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

passat troubles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: passat troubles!   passat troubles! EmptyFri Apr 11 2008, 13:51

have a go with cleaning those relays mate, if you dont have any success give me a shout and we'll get it on vag com on my laptop.
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

passat troubles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: passat troubles!   passat troubles! EmptyFri Apr 11 2008, 14:00

gotta try to get to the relays first. i can get the box open a little way and it seems bone dry in there, so im not sure if it is moisture in there?
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

passat troubles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: passat troubles!   passat troubles! EmptyFri Apr 11 2008, 14:04

hmmmm, the more i think about it, it cant really be the relay cause you said the passenger side works fine and they use the same relay... Must be something up with the alarm.
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

passat troubles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: passat troubles!   passat troubles! EmptyFri Apr 11 2008, 17:05

The window probs seems like they connected back to front mate. maybe try looking at the switches.

Is the alarm a standard vw issue mark?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
Jarek

Male Number of posts : 40
Drives : Passat B5 1.8T
Registration date : 2008-06-22

passat troubles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: passat troubles!   passat troubles! EmptySun Jun 22 2008, 19:24

It is a bit old post but it sounds like a tipical problem with CCM when it get wet.

CCM is the comfort control module and is a black box situated underneath the carpet in the passenger side footwell. A lot of ppl have problems with these due to water damage from water leakin in thru from the scuttle bay area.
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

passat troubles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: passat troubles!   passat troubles! EmptyTue Jul 08 2008, 10:04

jarek, i think you might be right. ive had no more trouble but my car does seem to steam up an awful lot when its been reianing hard. do i just pull the carpet up to get to this box? if it is leaking from above how do i sort it? cheers.
Back to top Go down
Jarek

Male Number of posts : 40
Drives : Passat B5 1.8T
Registration date : 2008-06-22

passat troubles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: passat troubles!   passat troubles! EmptyTue Jul 08 2008, 23:45

There is a very good write up on ukpassats.co.uk about that and there is a link to how to sort it out

Here is the link to topic on ukpassats
http://www.ukpassats.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4066
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

passat troubles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: passat troubles!   passat troubles! Empty

Back to top Go down

passat troubles!
Page 1 of 1