fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FIA aproved cut off switch

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
s-jay1

s-jay1

Male Number of posts : 187
Drives : MK2 Golf GTI
Registration date : 2009-05-23

FIA aproved cut off switch Empty
PostSubject: FIA aproved cut off switch   FIA aproved cut off switch EmptyThu Nov 10 2011, 11:40

just wondering if any of you guys need FIA approved rotary cut off switches on your cars?
could any of you advise me on puchassing one that is reliable and doesnt break all the time?
thanks
Scott
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

Male Number of posts : 2138
Drives : LWB T5 and 69 bug - we will see who is fastest on the strip hey Mark ;)
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: FIA aproved cut off switch   FIA aproved cut off switch EmptySun Nov 27 2011, 20:53

Technically we don't need to use FIA approved ones to race in the VWDRC dude. We are told we must use metal ones and not the ones with the red plastic keys...

Like this one cut off switch

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightymetamorphicracing.co.uk
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: FIA aproved cut off switch   FIA aproved cut off switch EmptyMon Nov 28 2011, 13:56

do the red plastic ones break a lot? I bought one years ago and only just found it again in my shed. Was thinking of putting it on my skyline but if they break a lot...
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

Drives : LWB T5 and 69 bug - we will see who is fastest on the strip hey Mark ;)

PostSubject: Re: FIA aproved cut off switch   FIA aproved cut off switch EmptyMon Nov 28 2011, 13:58

Tiz wrote:
do the red plastic ones break a lot? I bought one years ago and only just found it again in my shed. Was thinking of putting it on my skyline but if they break a lot...

I just don't think they are entirely fit for purpose. Would you want something with a plastic key being needed in a rescue situation...personally from my point of view as someone who could crash whilst racing i like to think that the first person on the scene could use that key and me not think it might break.
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: FIA aproved cut off switch   FIA aproved cut off switch EmptyMon Nov 28 2011, 14:03

yeah your right but ive seen lots of the red plastic ones used on race cars and lots of FIA approved seem to be the red plastic ones?
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

PostSubject: Re: FIA aproved cut off switch   FIA aproved cut off switch EmptyMon Nov 28 2011, 14:04

Tiz wrote:
yeah your right but ive seen lots of the red plastic ones used on race cars and lots of FIA approved seem to be the red plastic ones?

That they do dude Smile MSA say the metal one's...but that's just my opinion Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
s-jay1

s-jay1

Male Number of posts : 187
Drives : MK2 Golf GTI
Registration date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: Re: FIA aproved cut off switch   FIA aproved cut off switch EmptyWed Nov 30 2011, 13:22

VW Mike wrote:
Technically we don't need to use FIA approved ones to race in the VWDRC dude. We are told we must use metal ones and not the ones with the red plastic keys...

Like this one cut off switch

Smile
I need it for a track car and rules state fia approved red rotary type. Im sure there must be one or two people on this forum that are involved it track racig rather than just drag racing. Using metal ones in drag racing doesn't surprise me due to the fuels that are used.

Tiz wrote:
The plastic ones are good if you get a branded one but there are a lot of cheap ones about that don't last long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIA aproved cut off switch   FIA aproved cut off switch Empty

Back to top Go down

FIA aproved cut off switch
Page 1 of 1