fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The E36 Coupe

Go down 
+17
tomstanforster
whittle
Ali_Shepz
bridgedubber
curtis_caddy
billybug
Tiz
matty_mk1
Lupton_20vt
jimmymidnight
Jimmy
mad4it
Nef
Pistacheuro
max
Dan34
Stampers
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

The E36 Coupe - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 16 2011, 17:37

matty_mk1 wrote:
I like them mate, Look alot like RUF wheels from ctr yellowbird Cool
Yeah man, they do!
Although these have next-to-nothing on the dish side of things.

chubby353 wrote:
mmm there a nice wheel but are they better then the bbs i no there common but they look good on ur car Very Happy
I know what you mean mate.
Just really gone of the 328 splits. I think it's because they're not very wide and they have loads of lip.

Lupton_20vt wrote:
Proper love for those wheels Ant.
Yes, but you have love for those Nuvo reps. Although I agree with your opinion on this. Strangely.

whittle wrote:
Lupton_20vt wrote:
Proper love for those wheels Ant.
Uh oh lupton likes them. That by default makes them s**t. Have you seen his taste in wheels recently?
Lol. Subtle Whittle, subtle.

Well, just heard from the guy with the MIM's...

They're 8.5J, ET37, and come with genuine MIM 10mm and 15mm spacers.
Tyres have around 6mm+ of tread and are Nankang Ultra Sport NS2 205/40/17's all round.
Light scuffs on 3 of the 4 wheels.

He wants a straight swap for my BBS with tyres (but I get to keep my 4x 25mm adaptors).
Means I'd have to get the wheels resprayed but also means i'd have flush fitment all round.
And a set of 4x 25mm spacers to sell/swap for other stuff.

Hmmmm, tempted. Opinions?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 16 2011, 17:51

Sounds like a fair enough deal to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Stampers

Stampers

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 16 2011, 23:03

I think i'll go to DC on the BBS and see how I feel afterwards.
Been googling and hardly found anything on these wheels. Pretty rare AFAIK. Found this though...

The E36 Coupe - Page 3 Rufwheel1196013839

I think they've been chrome-plated.
Chrome powdercoat is a little duller than that, so I reckon it'd be a bit more subtle.
Definitely an option.
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17 2011, 18:56

Get them polished
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

Male Number of posts : 3070
Drives : mk2 driver
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17 2011, 18:57

chrome powdercaot isnt great man, ok on rs as you kinda get the idea of the highlights, on flat cerfaces i dont think its amazing. chrome or polished will be awsome. or a good colour to contrast the silver on your car
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20 2011, 10:14

MarkGTX wrote:
Get them polished
Tempted but not sure. Especially on the upkeep. maybe just the lips?

curtis_caddy wrote:
chrome powdercaot isnt great man, ok on rs as you kinda get the idea of the highlights, on flat cerfaces i dont think its amazing. chrome or polished will be awsome. or a good colour to contrast the silver on your car
Fair play, I trust your judgement.
Maybe anthracite faces with a polished lip?

Just a little update from... erm, whenever I last posted.

So i've bought more spacers. Now running 25mm all round giving ET16 on front and rear.
Can probably push them out another 5/10mm but it'll end up scrubbing, and I haven't bothered rolling my arches yet.
Also got my custom centre caps made up which I think look far better than the standard hex nut.

Decided to shell out on the centre-console insert that holds cups and other rubbish.
Guess the price! You'll be shocked. And I bet it doesn't even hold a can of Monster.

And finally now looking at swapping my wheels with someone next weekend.
They need a little bit of work and maybe change the tyre sizes from 205/40 to 205/45, but worth it in my opinion. Also makes me kinda regret buying £100+ of spacers that'll now be too wide. FML.
I'll miss the splits, but I really want some monoblocks for the time being, and then save up for some Futura's at a later date.

Hopefully get on the case of rolling the arches soon.
I'll need to do it if I want to pull off the stance i'm looking for. Finally pulling my finger out there!

Here's a couple of pics that I found from the various DC11 threads floating about (not taking any credit as they aren't mine)...

The E36 Coupe - Page 3 254155_10150229675931880_706411879_7212368_5128233_n

The E36 Coupe - Page 3 059

The E36 Coupe - Page 3 SDC10954

I turned up around 8.15am and the car was filthy. Spent 2 hours cleaning the b**** and it came out pretty nice. Chuffed.
Pretty much spent all day mooching around on my own with my camera. Saddo? Yup.
I'll stick up the couple I took of my car at DC11 once i've edited them a bit.

As always, comments are welcome.
Back to top Go down
james.

james.

Male Number of posts : 719
Drives : bmw 740
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20 2011, 10:51

Wheels look awesome with those centre caps!

Saw this the other day between newmarket and fordham, looks good on the move Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20 2011, 11:04

shame you couldnt convoy with us dude.

Centre caps look good. spin the round so the sit level with the valve or something though, all about the details Wink
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20 2011, 17:38

centre caps look cool man

yeh polsihed lip and painted centres on those other wheels would be really nice geek
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 24 2011, 14:20

james. wrote:
Wheels look awesome with those centre caps!

Saw this the other day between newmarket and fordham, looks good on the move Thumbs up
Cheers mate! Give us a flash or a wave next time. I'm always oblivious to everything on the road..
Yeah, well pleased with the caps. Gives it a modern look like LM's.

matty_mk1 wrote:
shame you couldnt convoy with us dude.

Centre caps look good. spin the round so the sit level with the valve or something though, all about the details Wink
Yeah man, sucked going on my own.
But was nice getting to fly down the A421 at 95. If a little wobbly.. Razz

curtis_caddy wrote:
centre caps look cool man

yeh polsihed lip and painted centres on those other wheels would be really nice geek
Yeah, would look cool mate, but goin for a 1 colour finish as it means they'll survive the winter.
I'll leave the polished look for split-rims.

Here's the 2 pics I took of it at DC11...

The E36 Coupe - Page 3 IMG_3914

The E36 Coupe - Page 3 IMG_3915

Should have an update this weekend once i've swapped the wheels.
Bit gutted the RC's are going, but should look sick stanced out on the MIM's. We'll see!
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

Male Number of posts : 1998
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 24 2011, 14:39

Looking sweet dude, and im going to miss those RC's on it, but i think it will look sick on the new rimmage! Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25 2011, 18:24

jimmymidnight wrote:
Looking sweet dude, and im going to miss those RC's on it, but i think it will look sick on the new rimmage! Thumbs up
Cheers mate.
Yeah, was a bit gutted when I saw the guy drive off on them. Oh well.

Anyway, picked up the new wheels today.
Swapped my RC's and spacers for some MIM's, spacers, and £100 my way.
Not a bad deal to be honest. Only downside is the wheels need some work, and one is slightly off balance.

Here's a little teaser shot to show the fitment on the front...

The E36 Coupe - Page 3 Cb55df99

Nicely on-point I think!
Need to roll the arches really as it's so close to rubbing on the rears.
Hopefully get the wheels painted soon too, then i'll be happy.

On the other hand, I may have accidentally bought a £300 rare BMW Becker HU.
Needed to be done tbh.
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25 2011, 18:49

Fitment looks nice mate. centrecaps easy to get for them?
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 28 2011, 08:21

matty_mk1 wrote:
Fitment looks nice mate. centrecaps easy to get for them?
Yeah mate, rear fitment is spot on.
Just need to roll the arches as they rub under acceleration at the moment.
The front's are close to rubbing on the arch-liner so might need to do a bit of trimming.

Centrecaps are a nightmare!
There's 2 sets on eBay at the moment and they're both fooked. Might get some blank caps and get some stickers made up for them. Not too fussed at the moment either way as the centre-hole is deep/narrow so can't really see the hub down it.

Currently got all 4 wheels off and in the shed for a bit of home-brew refurbing.
Stripped one down last night, hoping to do the other 3 this evening and splash a bit of colour on them.
Once i've got the colour I like i'll roll around on them for the rest of the month, and then see if Joe can powdercoat them for me next month when i've got a bit more cash to throw about.
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 04 2011, 19:54

Fresh update!

To start off with, the wheels I swapped my RC's for are a set of MIM's. Not sure what model, but look identical to the RUF CTR Yellowbird wheels.
Anyway, I prepped the wheels up over the past week with a bit of wet & dry and some primer.
The plan was to give them a ghetto refurb with some Ford Roman Bronze. In the simplest terms, that didn't turn out too great...

So I gave my mate Jay a buzz and we bazzed off to Halfords to pick up some white Primer. Got back, sanded like crazy, masked the little beauties up and got spraying.
Finished them about an hour before heading off to the A10 AllVAG meet yesterday evening. Thank f*** it didn't rain!

So yeah, they're currently in white Primer. I kinda like the look, quite motorsport-ish.
Might get them done properly in pearlescent white. We'll see. Fitment wise it's 8.5j ET23 all round, but want another 5mm on each corner and the rear arches rolling.
Then I 'should' be happy!

I've also been spending money on interior "trinkets" but i'll leave them for another time.

Just a couple of shots when I got home from work today before switching back to the dailies...

The E36 Coupe - Page 3 IMG_4077

The E36 Coupe - Page 3 IMG_4087

The E36 Coupe - Page 3 IMG_4085

The E36 Coupe - Page 3 IMG_4074

If you go to the BMW show at Santa Pod this weekend you might see the car.
Hopefully get a couple of runs up the strip to see how she performs!
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 04 2011, 20:21

I like this more now Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 04 2011, 20:33

Spacing sounds good along with pearly white Cool Get some centers on there boyo.
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 04 2011, 20:54

Im so glad you fucked up the bronze Razz the white looks sick, just laquer them as the are.

Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

Male Number of posts : 768
Drives : Mk3 Golf Cab
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 04 2011, 21:36

matty_mk1 wrote:
Im so glad you fucked up the bronze Razz the white looks sick, just laquer them as the are.

Fucked up would be an understatement!!!

They looked like they'd been dipped in nappy contents!! Laughing

Thankfully Jay came to help turn them around and now they look fresh, looks good rolling too.
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 05 2011, 06:18

looked awsome at the meet on sunday man, the white looks rad
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 05 2011, 09:30

Looks f*****g sick mate! I usually hate white wheels but it seems to work on your car. Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 06 2011, 18:39

curtis_caddy wrote:
looked awsome at the meet on sunday man, the white looks rad
max wrote:
Looks f*****g sick mate! I usually hate white wheels but it seems to work on your car. Thumbs up
Cheers guys. Still not quite sold on the white at the moment.
I'll wait til next month and look over a few more colours before I decide on anything final.

Anyway, a few bits turned up today, but I couldn't be bothered to take any pics.

I got my second cupholder and ash tray unit from BMW, so the optional centre-console unit is filled.
Not a necessity, but was getting fed up driving with a can of Monster in my hand constantly...
There goes £75... Rolling Eyes

Parcel shelf speaker adaptors turned up, so I decided to order a pair of 6x9's.
Only Vibe slick's, but they'll do the job. When they turn up I'll disconnect the tweeter from them pushing more of the watts through the mid-bass cone.
Cheaper/easier way of getting a bit of bass in the car than a sub. And I'm not a fan of subs/panel-rumbling bass and keeping my boot tidy is a habit (albeit a good one).
Also got my eye on a set of Kevlar 5.25 components for the front. I'll see if funds allow after the weekend.

Contacted a guy about a nice Blaupunkt amplifier he has for sale.
Only 4 channels pushing out 70w each, but bridging it down to 2 ohms gives 100w per channel which should be more than enough.
Plus the H/U is Blaupunkt so should work nicely. Might even make a false floor install as it's rather large and is fully polished... Twisted Evil

Lastly, I decided to do a couple of cheap ghetto mods to the car when I got home.
I removed the baffle and snorkel from the airbox, and cleaned out the OEM air filter. It now gives a bit of a throaty roar when banging the pedal down.
It might cause the airflow to lag a little as there is now a gap between the slam panel and airbox of about 2 or 3 inches. This means warm air can enter through this gap, but i'll see how she drives over the next couple of days to decide whether to plug it back up. It sounds too nice to do that though!

I also took the rear bumper valance off and removed the vacuum hose from the back box and plugged it up with a bolt.
This now stops the butterfly valve from closing at low rev's (it only opens around the 4k RPM range) so now it sounds loud and burbly. Not too loud, but a lot meatier.
Shouldn't affect performance at all, and I'm very happy with the result.

Hopefully more pics and updates later in the week/weekend.
Looking forward to The Santa Pod BMW Show too!
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 06 2011, 21:17

Sounds good dude, need to do another bk run soon then to hear the sound of this Cool
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

Male Number of posts : 1998
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 15 2011, 16:00

The E36 Coupe - Page 3 Tumblr_ln6xm3D9JO1qep75ho1_500

from tumblr
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 07 2011, 20:15

Hmm, i've let this thread slip a bit.
Anyway, thought i'd pop up a couple more updates on the ol' girl.

05/09/2011

So as some may have seen, she's up for sale or part-ex against a MK3 Golf 16V.
This is something i've been looking into for a while, as my job is significantly further away than it used to be and I don't really want to pile the mileage on the coupe. It's also my 2nd E36 and i'd like to try a different car whilst i've got the chance. It definitely won't be my last E36 either! Here's the sale thread... http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=405647

So in the meantime, i'll still run her as my daily and treat her to the things she deserves.
This is what has happened since the last pics at the BMW Santa Pod show...

* M3 side mouldings to match the front and rear bumper strips
* K&N 57i induction kit, with a Pipercross heatshield and Samco silicone elbow joint
* Super-rare BMW/Becker Traffic Pro BE4769 Navi/CD headunit
* Phillips retro amplifier wired up to Vibe Black Air speakers front and rear
* Storm Motorwerks V1 weighted gearknob

Also had my MIM/Speedline RUF wheels resprayed a nice bright metallic silver instead of the matte white.
Not got any tyres on them yet, but they do look pretty nice with the RUF centre caps on (not pictured)...

The E36 Coupe - Page 3 28d0fe59

Also treating the car to a full service this month, and that time of the year when the insurance is due.
So even though the car is up for sale, I'm still gonna treat the ol' girl to a little TLC and treats every now and then.
Unfortunately it won't be making an appearance at Players as I haven't any tyres for the MIM's and the cost of insurance and the service this month are really crippling my budget for anything else. Needs must and priorities first!

I'll pop up a couple of pics when/if she gets her new shoes on any time soon.
Hopefully get some new shots soon after a nice clay and wax session this weekend! (A good excuse to treat the '36 as i'm helping the missus clean up her Swift on Saturday).

07/09/2011

Ok, so got round to fitting the K&N and Pipercross heatshield this afternoon.
Decided to buy an aluminium hose joiner and black Samco silicone elbow joint to make the fitment look better.

Fitted it all and was impressed with the result of how it looked...
(the heatshield looks really tall but its the angle of the pic, and the image quality is poop thanks to Apple's 3GS rubbish)

The E36 Coupe - Page 3 22a65162

Then took her out for a quick spin...

Shocked

The thing now howls like a monster from the front end due to the K&N and burbles like mad at the rear thanks to the butterfly valve mod.
Very impressed with how the throttle response has picked up, but my god, that noise! I must've been grinning like a tw@t!

So happy with it, i'm changing my mind about putting it up for sale.
Also tempted to get the wheels rubbered up and on for Players. Amazing at how one little mod can change your opinion!

Anyway, we'll see... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The E36 Coupe   The E36 Coupe - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The E36 Coupe
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next