fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DIY Mk2 Golf Pollen Filter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jonnyboy17

jonnyboy17

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2010-04-21

DIY Mk2 Golf Pollen Filter Empty
PostSubject: DIY Mk2 Golf Pollen Filter   DIY Mk2 Golf Pollen Filter EmptyMon Apr 04 2011, 13:42

After getting a bit annoyed recently when putting my blower fan on in the car after the few warm days we have had recently, and getting covered in crap from my blower system, i thought id have a go at trying to sort it!

So i had a look at work at the pollen filters we sell, and found one that looked ideal for modifying to fit.

The dimensions of the filter were about 5&3/4" by 15". With this size i got 3 filters made out of it.

Remove the Mesh grill section from the car, located under the scuttle cover in the engine bay, on the passenger side of the car. Held in by just a slider clip on one side (right hand side looking at the following pic), then lifted out (can be a bit stiff due to the foam seal between the scuttle and the cover).

DIY Mk2 Golf Pollen Filter 5588936940_7e27030efcmk2 jetta pollen filter by J.Hunt., on Flickr

So i started by cutting the rough size i wanted (leaving the 5&3/4" width, and just looking by eye at what length i want). and test fitting it inside the mesh cover.
DIY Mk2 Golf Pollen Filter 5588345943_accb09ed6emk2 jetta pollen filter by J.Hunt., on Flickr

Trim the edges and size to what you are happy with to make it fit snug in the mesh cover.
DIY Mk2 Golf Pollen Filter 5588940198_78e9016131mk2 jetta pollen filter by J.Hunt., on Flickr

I used a dab of glue each side (left and right as you look at the photo), just to hold it in position securely to prevent an risk of it coming loose and getting jammed in the blower fan.
DIY Mk2 Golf Pollen Filter 5588940198_78e9016131mk2 jetta pollen filter by J.Hunt., on Flickr

Fix it back into position on the car, reversing the procedure used when removing it.
DIY Mk2 Golf Pollen Filter 5588344797_4249545ac8mk2 jetta pollen filter by J.Hunt., on Flickr

No more bugs or leaves blowing through the air vents when the fans are turned on now!

Jonny.
Back to top Go down

DIY Mk2 Golf Pollen Filter
Page 1 of 1