fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!?

Go down 
+4
jimmymidnight
Stampers
matty_mk1
PoweredByFondantFancy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
PoweredByFondantFancy

PoweredByFondantFancy

Female Number of posts : 27
Drives : Mk1 Audi TT in Nimbus Grey (called Quentin)
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? Empty
PostSubject: Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!?   Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? EmptyFri Feb 25 2011, 12:09

Hello! Laughing

Here is my 2000 Mk1 TT...I call him Quentin (for some reason I feel compelled to name my cars!).
He's in Nimbus Grey with Brown baseball interior and painted TT wheels.

I have had him since December and am already thinking of ways to better him, new wheels, lowering etc...
Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? IMG_8720
Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? IMG_8729

Here is my TT showing up my parents TT! They have a 57 Mk2 TT in Nimbus Grey (You can also see my dads white A6 in the background...pimp)
Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? IMG_8728

Here is Princess Sparkle, I sold her last week. :( (Boo Hoo...I didn't really want to! )
Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? IMG_9525

Beki x

Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!?   Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? EmptyFri Feb 25 2011, 12:55

Nice, good colour combo that. Is it 1 of the early ones thats not had a recall for the spoiler or what it removed?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
PoweredByFondantFancy

PoweredByFondantFancy

PostSubject: Re: Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!?   Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? EmptyFri Feb 25 2011, 13:07

Hello,

It wasn't actually a recall, the spoiler was never put on!

I have the paperwork from when it was originally sold from the Audi dealership, and the person who bought it requested it without.
So bonus!

I'm still unsure about the brown interior...I have a little niggle every now and then...I'm thinking pink (i know!) or black...I want it to look mean, I'm not sure it gets that 'mean' look at the moment! If I get pink, it might end up looking like a bit of a joke...but then anything is an improvement from the Jetta, joke wise i mean!

Thanks for the comment.

Beki x

Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!?   Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? EmptyFri Feb 25 2011, 13:08

Very nice! Love the colour, and quite a change to "Princess Sparkle"...
I'd love a decent MK1 TT hardtop but I always seem to p!ss my money away on sh!t cars.
How much did it set you back?

And keep the brown baseball interior. They're the dogs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

Male Number of posts : 1998
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!?   Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? EmptyFri Feb 25 2011, 13:08

Very nice! Great choice of colour too! Thumbs up

What have you got in mind wheel-wise?

Also, baseball leather? big win!
Back to top Go down
PoweredByFondantFancy

PoweredByFondantFancy

PostSubject: Re: Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!?   Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? EmptyFri Feb 25 2011, 13:29

Well for the wheels...
Having been driving my 89 Jetta for so long and having no real interest in other cars, the only wheels that I know about are those that fit onto the Golf/Jetta/Caddy etc...

I particularly like Borbet A's, Ronal Turbos, ATS Cups...however I know that these wheels would be TINY on my TT...so if there are any wheels that are like those three suggested...only bigger...then please inform me!

As for the price:
I paid almost £5000, as the lady selling wouldn't go down any further...I was a bit annoyed, as on the advert the boyfriend had put that they wanted a quick sale and that they needed the money (so obviously I thought that I might be able to knock them down a little), however when we got there the lady who actually owned it wouldn't accept any offers, she stayed inside while the bloke showed me round it, she kept hollering through the window that if we didn't want it she could just sell it in the summer for more money!
I wanted it badly...so gave in! I guess I was the fool there!

Oh well, I think it's well worth the money that I paid for it.

Beki x
Back to top Go down
todd

todd

Male Number of posts : 765
Drives : 75 beetle, 72 beetle back on the road
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!?   Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? EmptyFri Feb 25 2011, 13:36

You got £350 off the asking price so didn't do too badly. I think the interior makes it that bit more special. Cool
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!?   Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? EmptyFri Feb 25 2011, 13:37

Loved the Jetta Thumbs up

The TT defiantly has a lot of potential, with a drop and some nice wheels it could be really nice. I forget are these 5x100 or 5x112?
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!?   Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? EmptyFri Feb 25 2011, 13:39

Keep the interior, its the best 1 there is other than going down the recaro ruite etc. Bonus about the spoiler, notice and rear end skitishness on spirited drives?
Back to top Go down
PoweredByFondantFancy

PoweredByFondantFancy

PostSubject: Re: Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!?   Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? EmptyFri Feb 25 2011, 14:25

I think 5 x 100 (i wouldn't know really!)

I have not really driven it that rapidly...yet! I haven't noticed any skittishness at all!
The fastest that I have gotten it to so far is about the 95-100mph mark...but that was only because I wasn't watching how fast I was going...normally I keep it at around the 80mph mark...lol

Beki
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!?   Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? EmptyFri Feb 25 2011, 14:35

Yeah theyre 5x100.

Ah cool, was just wondering as thats what the recall was for so wondered if its actually that noticable.
Back to top Go down
todd

todd

PostSubject: Re: Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!?   Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? EmptyFri Feb 25 2011, 14:46

I've driven it lots and it handles really well. I know anything will after driving very low mk2s but I was impressed with it. So much grip in corners and very stable on the dual carriageway. I think the spoilers are for high speeds such as on the autobahns but it's not going to be driven that fast anyway.

Ultimate Dubs in 2 weeks for some wheel inspiration Bex? Smile
Back to top Go down
PoweredByFondantFancy

PoweredByFondantFancy

PostSubject: Re: Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!?   Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? EmptyFri Feb 25 2011, 14:49

Hells yeah!

I want some deep dish somethingorother! Major deep-dish and some poke (is it poke...when the wheels stick out from under the arch?) I have to get something that will make it look REALLY mean!

If ultimate Dubs is anything like last Players my camera will be full of wheel inspiration!

BekiWeki x
Back to top Go down
rp24k

rp24k

Male Number of posts : 522
Drives : Audi S4 Avant, 2011 t5, 74 bay, Audi A1 S-line tdi
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: .   Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? EmptySun May 22 2011, 16:17

nice tt, saw your old jetta at the garage next to my work at rougham not so long ago. where did it go in the end?
Back to top Go down
todd

todd

PostSubject: Re: Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!?   Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? EmptyMon May 23 2011, 09:12

The Jetta was bought by someone in Bury. It was then rear ended at a junction and written off and was last spotted in pakenham scrap yard Mad It was only weeks after it was sold.
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

Male Number of posts : 2138
Drives : LWB T5 and 69 bug - we will see who is fastest on the strip hey Mark ;)
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!?   Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? EmptyWed Jun 15 2011, 10:07

TT is lovely Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightymetamorphicracing.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!?   Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!? Empty

Back to top Go down

Here is Quentin the Quattro...my 89 Jetta replacement!?
Page 1 of 1