fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mk1 Cabby Coilover advice please

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buey

Buey

Male Number of posts : 483
Drives : Mk1 VW Golf Cabrio & Seat Leon FSi
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Mk1 Cabby Coilover advice please Empty
PostSubject: Mk1 Cabby Coilover advice please   Mk1 Cabby Coilover advice please EmptyWed Feb 09 2011, 14:08

I had my cabrio lowered a couple of years ago, I used shocks and springs but made the mistake of not buying adjustable ones and now I want to go lower.

Been looking on e-bay and prices range from £199 to £600. I know you pay for what you get but I have alot to do to the car before it comes back out in 6 weeks and funds are tight.

For instance I can get JOM for £209. Are they any good? Can anyone recommend better for similar money?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=669158062&r
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Mk1 Cabby Coilover advice please   Mk1 Cabby Coilover advice please EmptyWed Feb 09 2011, 16:58

Joms aint bad really for the money. I have them on my mk4 i would have thought on a car lighter than a mk4 the ride would be bouncy as hell. Just did my topmounts on my golf today and found one of the shocks has pissed oil oit everywhere so its time for an upgrade. They have been on two years, but mine was fully wound down on cut coilover springs at one point so they have been abused! I would save a bit more and get some weitecs or something along those lines.

Chris.
Back to top Go down
Buey

Buey

PostSubject: Re: Mk1 Cabby Coilover advice please   Mk1 Cabby Coilover advice please EmptyWed Feb 09 2011, 17:08

Lupton_20vt wrote:
Joms aint bad really for the money. I have them on my mk4 i would have thought on a car lighter than a mk4 the ride would be bouncy as hell. Just did my topmounts on my golf today and found one of the shocks has pissed oil oit everywhere so its time for an upgrade. They have been on two years, but mine was fully wound down on cut coilover springs at one point so they have been abused! I would save a bit more and get some weitecs or something along those lines.

Chris.

Cheers fella.

Just found Jamex for £225 sound better.
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: Mk1 Cabby Coilover advice please   Mk1 Cabby Coilover advice please EmptyWed Feb 09 2011, 17:48

I would go for JOMS over jamex anyday really. I have heard some nasty stories of jamex stuff not even having bolt holes drilled right and messed up threads.
Back to top Go down
Buey

Buey

PostSubject: Re: Mk1 Cabby Coilover advice please   Mk1 Cabby Coilover advice please EmptySun Feb 13 2011, 12:45

JOM coilovers now purchased, cheers bud.
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: Mk1 Cabby Coilover advice please   Mk1 Cabby Coilover advice please EmptySun Feb 13 2011, 13:12

not a problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mk1 Cabby Coilover advice please   Mk1 Cabby Coilover advice please Empty

Back to top Go down

Mk1 Cabby Coilover advice please
Page 1 of 1