fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

bora hedlight convertion for the golf

Go down 
+2
matty_mk1
brynt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
brynt

brynt

Male Number of posts : 211
Drives : lupo gti
Registration date : 2008-05-13

bora hedlight convertion for the golf Empty
PostSubject: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyMon May 19 2008, 16:14

has any one heard of the bora headlight convertion for the golf and if so any one know were or how much it costs?
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyMon May 19 2008, 16:18

Its been done many times m8, commonly known as a bolf conversion.

ull need wings, bonnet, bumper, slam panel, headlights and grille, and many other lil bits i should think.

cheapest way would be to find a rear ended bora in a scrappy, cuz buying new panels from VW will prob end up costing a fair bit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
brynt

brynt

PostSubject: Re: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyMon May 19 2008, 16:43

i had heard of it bein done before i just wanted to know the extent you have to go to to get the headlight convertion to actually work and that seems like alot of work just for some different headlights do you know if any one has thought or done a mk5 headlight convertion?
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyMon May 19 2008, 16:48

Well its not really alot of work m8, all the panels are just bolt on so all ya need is a socket set. Ive heard its been done in 4hours before thats asuming the bora panels are the same colour obviously.

and on the mk5 headlights, ive never seen it done but you can buy mk5 style mk4 headlight with the indicator running along the bottom.
Back to top Go down
brynt

brynt

PostSubject: Re: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyMon May 19 2008, 16:51

cool im just wantin to do some thing completely different to go with the style im goin with the car
Back to top Go down
manning

manning

Male Number of posts : 186
Drives : mk2 gti
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyMon May 19 2008, 17:55

the was a mk4 on pistonheads 4sale awhile back now, with a mk5 headlight conversion! me personally didnt like it one little bit! it didnt look right! but thats just my opinion!
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

Female Number of posts : 1445
Drives : black 6n polo and 6n2 GTI
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyMon May 19 2008, 18:37

i love the bolf look, theres a bit about it in this months PVW
Back to top Go down
brynt

brynt

PostSubject: Re: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyWed May 21 2008, 19:22

yer i saw its a cream one it looks well nice makin me wana do it even more
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

Female Number of posts : 1445
Drives : black 6n polo and 6n2 GTI
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyWed May 21 2008, 22:17

do it do it do it! only way a mk4 golf shud look!
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyWed May 21 2008, 22:25

yeah i think vw got it the wrong way round, golf look better as Bolfs and boras look better as Goras i think.

bora front with r32 bumper looks cool need to know sum1 good at plastic welding though, lol
Back to top Go down
brynt

brynt

PostSubject: Re: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyThu May 22 2008, 08:12

wouldnt it look out of place if the r32 front bumper n not the skirts n rear one ??
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyThu May 22 2008, 09:02

Yeah i think it might do without sideskirts, with the rear bumper id just go for an anni rear valance then you dont have to buy at twin exhaust for the r32 bumper.
Back to top Go down
faradub

faradub

Male Number of posts : 70
Drives : mk2 caddy tdi
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: bora headlight conversion   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyThu May 22 2008, 09:04

yeh conversion looks the nuts, its not the look im goin for tho with mine, thinkin black angel eyes

r32 front bumper, skirt and a gti rear, should look alrite, gettin alot smoothed
Back to top Go down
brynt

brynt

PostSubject: Re: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyThu May 22 2008, 13:59

faradub wrote:
yeh conversion looks the nuts, its not the look im goin for tho with mine, thinkin black angel eyes

r32 front bumper, skirt and a gti rear, should look alrite, gettin alot smoothed

yer but your doin it on a 5door which if im honest will distroy the look your goin for not being funny but always go for a 3 door
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyThu May 22 2008, 15:47

5 doors are better - More doors more whores.

He doesnt have to get out to let somebody in the back, how cool is that? Laughing
Back to top Go down
faradub

faradub

PostSubject: ..   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyThu May 22 2008, 16:38

cant get insured on anything with a bigger lump atm mate, 1.6's dont come in 3dr so had to settle, not havin to get out to let someone in is nice for a change too
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyThu May 22 2008, 16:42

i think bigger cars like the mk4 look better as a 5 door. The only cars i dont really like as 5 doors are mk1 golfs.. they just dont suit the 5 door look.
Back to top Go down
faradub

faradub

PostSubject: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyThu May 22 2008, 16:48

yeh definatley, got alot of work to do to it but will look nice once finished, goin meet next week too
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyThu May 22 2008, 16:53

awesome dude, look forward to it. Should be there in my ratty caddy if i get it tomorrow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
faradub

faradub

PostSubject: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyThu May 22 2008, 16:56

yeh, im gunna be finishin work early so i can actually get there on time lol didnt get there till bout 9 last time
Back to top Go down
brynt

brynt

PostSubject: Re: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyThu May 22 2008, 17:41

3 door you dont have let people in the back and if your gonna smooth the door handles out only do the rears because it gives the look of it being a 3 door
Back to top Go down
brynt

brynt

PostSubject: Re: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyThu May 22 2008, 18:01

with the bora head lights and grill would a gold bumper match up to the head lights of not?
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyThu May 22 2008, 18:27

Nope need a bora bumper aswell m8
Back to top Go down
brynt

brynt

PostSubject: Re: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf EmptyThu May 22 2008, 18:46

o cos i found a smart after market bumper thats a golf one and just wondered
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bora hedlight convertion for the golf   bora hedlight convertion for the golf Empty

Back to top Go down

bora hedlight convertion for the golf
Page 1 of 1