fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

**A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**

Go down 
+18
max
k4ne
clipper23
slammed16v
hasekna
player6
spanner_allan
Q86ARR
mk3golfcab
ratlook_ping
Whitegt
polo steph
Ashley
billybug
curtis_caddy
Tiz
CaddyRage
Wayders
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wayders

Wayders

Male Number of posts : 212
Drives : Mk1 2Ltr 16v
Registration date : 2009-02-26

**A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** Empty
PostSubject: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 12:39

Hey peeps just thought i'd let you in on this one, I know like myself lots of you out there are/were using German plates and thinking f**k it i'll take the chance, well i've now been nicked for the second time, first time ticket outside my house overnight whilst i was inside, and second time pulled up by the filth, both times £30! since getting done the second time i've recieved a warning letter from DVLA stating that if i'm nicked again my car's automaticaly wiped off the system and iv'e been told the cost of re-registering is £300/£400!! so folks kind word of advice.............. is it really worth it??
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 12:52

Get the legal pressed plates from dubmeister.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
Wayders

Wayders

Male Number of posts : 212
Drives : Mk1 2Ltr 16v
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 12:53

CaddyRage wrote:
Get the legal pressed plates from dubmeister.
That's the plan.. :bounce:
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 12:57

do you not carry your normal plastic ones?

If im gonna run german plates i NEVER forget my plastic ones in the boot. Get pulled over "sorry officer i forgot to change them" swap them over to legal ones and they dont normally care and let you on your way.

Running pressed plates without having your legal plates is just stupid in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

Male Number of posts : 3070
Drives : mk2 driver
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 15:49

where can i get the legal ones from around here? i thought i heard someone say u can get them done in cambs?
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 16:03

curtis_caddy wrote:
where can i get the legal ones from around here? i thought i heard someone say u can get them done in cambs?

yeee go on dubmiester they have an address, gotta take ALL your vehical documents though, i need peoper rusty ones
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

Male Number of posts : 1165
Drives : Vento 1.9TDi
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 17:53

curtis_caddy wrote:

i think Carnoisseur on newmarket road is the local dubmeister plates outlet

01223 566 556
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

Female Number of posts : 1445
Drives : black 6n polo and 6n2 GTI
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 18:03

Wayders wrote:
Hey peeps just thought i'd let you in on this one, I know like myself lots of you out there are/were using German plates and thinking f**k it i'll take the chance, well i've now been nicked for the second time, first time ticket outside my house overnight whilst i was inside, and second time pulled up by the filth, both times £30! since getting done the second time i've recieved a warning letter from DVLA stating that if i'm nicked again my car's automaticaly wiped off the system and iv'e been told the cost of re-registering is £300/£400!! so folks kind word of advice.............. is it really worth it??

and i thought i was the only 1....

had this happen to me also but it was the 1st time i had been stopped for plates so u was lucky to get a warning 1st time around, got the same letter as u too but no fine as the nice man decided to fine me for my window tints instead n said if i didnt remove those id be done for dangerous driving?? i now only use my show plates while at a show on private property where they cannot do anything about it!
Back to top Go down
Whitegt

Whitegt

Male Number of posts : 988
Drives : mk3 gti......................8v :(
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 18:06

ive been done for it too, never ran them since, there really is no point
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 18:08

45h845h wrote:

i think Carnoisseur on newmarket road is the local dubmeister plates outlet

01223 566 556

Thats the place, opposit where we have our meets
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

Male Number of posts : 1165
Drives : Vento 1.9TDi
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 18:15

Been meaning to get some dubmeister ones for ages, think its more of a birthday present though Wink
Back to top Go down
Whitegt

Whitegt

Male Number of posts : 988
Drives : mk3 gti......................8v :(

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 18:17

can you just go carnoisoirsriurisorui and get them done while you wait? i warn you people, then man in there is a complete toss pot!
Back to top Go down
ratlook_ping

ratlook_ping

Male Number of posts : 585
Drives : Mk1 golf
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 18:49

The man in carnoiseuuerree is a complete knob. Seems like he does everything he can to put you off buying things.

Just carry proper plates and say you have been to a show and forgotten to cange them
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ping_i
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 18:52

I just gunna take my doc's to the shows and buy them on dubmeisters stand. They'll deliver free then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab

Male Number of posts : 1566
Drives : 05' Fabia VRS, 00' TL1000R
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 19:19

when i got caught the first time i had my legals in the boot, told the copper and he said he didnt care he was gunna fine me whateva lol, so i told him id keep them on n get me muneys worth, second time the copper, had a good look round me car and in my boot, under my bonnet etc, and let me go coz i convinced him i was late to a weeding, always run legal plates in newmarket!!
Back to top Go down
ratlook_ping

ratlook_ping

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 20:27

in newmarket? was it quite late you got nicked??, cos i know theyre barstewards after dark cos of the rude boy scene in newmarket? ive never had a problem with my black and silver plates on my golf, theyve got dodgey spacing too? spose its just luck?
Back to top Go down
mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab

Male Number of posts : 1566
Drives : 05' Fabia VRS, 00' TL1000R
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptyMon Mar 02 2009, 20:12

always in newmarket never any where else, first time was at 2.30am at deniros n second time was near the thingy paddocks the like wedding reception place thingy, when i just missed the turning at around 8pm in august lol
Back to top Go down
Q86ARR

Q86ARR

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptyThu Mar 05 2009, 14:53

Must be down to the copper! Only been pulled over once and that was for excess speed. PC Plod checked my tyres then asked my why I had a D on my no. plate and then let me go.

Also had a crack in the windscreen and let me off for that as I had MOT in a month.

That was in Newmarket aswell.
Back to top Go down
spanner_allan

spanner_allan

Male Number of posts : 266
Drives : mk1 golf driver
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptyThu Mar 05 2009, 16:51

what about black and red us spec plates lol Very Happy ! and yes that geeza in canrnoisuueuiurs is a dick cheese.
Back to top Go down
ratlook_ping

ratlook_ping

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptyThu Mar 05 2009, 16:56

mk3golfcab wrote:
2.30am at deniros

That pretty much sums up the first reason, newmarket at one point was having a massive crack down on people doing laps around the town and now almost everyone driving through deniros gets nicked.

Im not sure where you mean on the second tho?

ive got bets on spanner getting nicked within the week for his plates Laughing
Back to top Go down
player6

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptyFri Mar 06 2009, 10:36

i konw Ru in Carnoisseur very well i used to work there so there is no need to slag him off he is just trying to help and tell u about the plates
Back to top Go down
hasekna

hasekna

Male Number of posts : 254
Drives : a lot
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptyFri Mar 06 2009, 13:08

A mate of mine got pulled over in wisbech at silly 0'clock for his tints and plates. They gave him a warning and told him if they caught him again they'd get the dvla to re-register it as a Q plate?!
Back to top Go down
slammed16v

slammed16v

Male Number of posts : 42
Drives : k reg white mk2 golf 16v gti, DECKED!!
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptyFri Mar 06 2009, 13:25

got stopped for mine in kings lynn last weekend, managed to blag not getting a fine as i had my others in the boot and changed them over. they said that if i got caught again the dvla would cease my registration and give me a different plate of the same age. he didnt say anything about the 300/400 quid though
Back to top Go down
clipper23

clipper23

Male Number of posts : 68
Drives : T3 westfalia vanagon, previous mk1 golf
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptyFri Apr 17 2009, 20:02

Its really stupid isnt it,I mean as long as they are reflective and properly spaced,yellow and white.I cant see a problem.Its like some of you say,down to the copper and if he got laid by his missus or not last night lol.

I met a copper and I had my plates on while parked up in march.I was picking my sisters mate up at the rail station.Thought I was in for a lecture about them,but instead the bloke, said nice car mate!,and told me about this website, true story. he's into air cooled bugs and campers If i remember.

Also in addition to all this,my car was MOT'd on a day ago and failed big time,but it didnt fail on the plates..what can i say
Back to top Go down
k4ne

k4ne

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** EmptyTue May 26 2009, 09:09

polo steph wrote:
Wayders wrote:

and i thought i was the only 1....

had this happen to me also but it was the 1st time i had been stopped for plates so u was lucky to get a warning 1st time around, got the same letter as u too but no fine as the nice man decided to fine me for my window tints instead n said if i didnt remove those id be done for dangerous driving?? i now only use my show plates while at a show on private property where they cannot do anything about it!

just incase your not aware window tints is not a finable offence!!! had this many many times! been told by many top traffic cops this!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**   **A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES** Empty

Back to top Go down

**A WARNING ON GERMAN PLATES**
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next