fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

mk2f/mk3 polo coupe fuel tank

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

mk2f/mk3 polo coupe fuel tank Empty
PostSubject: mk2f/mk3 polo coupe fuel tank   mk2f/mk3 polo coupe fuel tank EmptyTue Nov 02 2010, 17:01

been offered a coupe, not sure if its a mk2f or a mk3, think its a mk2f as it has 2 piece front windows, anyway it failed its mot on a leaking fuel tank and brake lines.

the brakes should be easy enough, but the tank is concerning me. from what the bloke said it sounds like its the filler neck thats leaking, but could it be much worse? how hard would it be to source/replace the tank?

im going to add that its in pretty good condition, only done 49 thousand miles and is very cheap.
Back to top Go down
azzeer

azzeer

Male Number of posts : 837
Drives : polo mk3 breadvan
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: mk2f/mk3 polo coupe fuel tank   mk2f/mk3 polo coupe fuel tank EmptyTue Nov 02 2010, 17:35

MarkGTX wrote:
been offered a coupe, not sure if its a mk2f or a mk3, think its a mk2f as it has 2 piece front windows, anyway it failed its mot on a leaking fuel tank and brake lines.

the brakes should be easy enough, but the tank is concerning me. from what the bloke said it sounds like its the filler neck thats leaking, but could it be much worse? how hard would it be to source/replace the tank?

im going to add that its in pretty good condition, only done 49 thousand miles and is very cheap.

i done the petrol tank on mine it cost me 62 pound on trade from gsf
and took me a day to change on my drive way on axle stands
cheers
Back to top Go down
Ray2k

Male Number of posts : 53
Drives : Mk3 Polo Coupé, '52 Passat TDI Sport Wagon
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: mk2f/mk3 polo coupe fuel tank   mk2f/mk3 polo coupe fuel tank EmptyTue Nov 02 2010, 17:50

Yeah it'll be the filler neck which unfortunately is one piece with the whole tank, so you'll need to replace the whole lot. It happens to every mk2f, I did mine about 4 years ago and it's well on the way to rusting through again now :(

As azzeer said really with actually changing it. I needed to drop one side of the axle but apparently you can squeeze it past without doing this.

Sounds like you should buy it to me Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mk2f/mk3 polo coupe fuel tank   mk2f/mk3 polo coupe fuel tank Empty

Back to top Go down

mk2f/mk3 polo coupe fuel tank
Page 1 of 1