fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

fuel tank on mk3 gti

Go down 
+2
billybug
rocket
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rocket

rocket

Male Number of posts : 37
Drives : vw golf gti, 2.0litre 8 vlalve, 20th anniversary, european tour bon jovi, colour concept
Registration date : 2009-09-28

fuel tank on mk3 gti Empty
PostSubject: fuel tank on mk3 gti   fuel tank on mk3 gti EmptyMon Sep 28 2009, 17:51

ive lowered my golf mk3 110mm on the front, only 80mm ish on the back, i am A bit concerned abouth the fuel tank on it tho as it is slung right underneath the back and could be at risk of splitting open if it goes any lower, any mods or advice welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.localcruise.org
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: fuel tank on mk3 gti   fuel tank on mk3 gti EmptyMon Sep 28 2009, 18:08

nah be fine my brothers girlfriends golf is silly slammed and the tank hasnt split
Back to top Go down
rocket

rocket

Drives : vw golf gti, 2.0litre 8 vlalve, 20th anniversary, european tour bon jovi, colour concept

PostSubject: Re: fuel tank on mk3 gti   fuel tank on mk3 gti EmptyMon Sep 28 2009, 18:40

cool, good old german enginering! she will be slammed by another 40 mm then!!!
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: fuel tank on mk3 gti   fuel tank on mk3 gti EmptyMon Sep 28 2009, 18:43

What coilies you running if you plan on running it 150mm down?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
rocket

rocket

PostSubject: Re: fuel tank on mk3 gti   fuel tank on mk3 gti EmptyMon Sep 28 2009, 18:51

there k&w konigsports if i remember correctly, front is running 110mm back is currentlly 80mm ish (about 14 threads remaining) so my golf looks like it is constantly under heavy breaking!
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: fuel tank on mk3 gti   fuel tank on mk3 gti EmptyMon Sep 28 2009, 18:54

it wont go 150mm, no way in hell dont matter what coilies, my brothers girlfriends golf is 120mm and it scrapes everywhere, your sump and sill will be under ground at 150mm
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: fuel tank on mk3 gti   fuel tank on mk3 gti EmptyMon Sep 28 2009, 18:55

FK konigsports i guess then, dont lower the back more, reverse rake is for gays AND french cars.... oh yeah and them nova things too
Back to top Go down
rocket

rocket

PostSubject: Re: fuel tank on mk3 gti   fuel tank on mk3 gti EmptyMon Sep 28 2009, 19:04

lol i just want a level low ride, as with all due respects being a front wheel drive and all the attributes to go with it, trust me when pushed to the limits it oversteers rather than understeers! the lowering of the rear may compensate and balance the scales back to usual understeer i hope!! i do stress my definition of pushing to the limits is taking 3rd exit roundabouts at 60mph and hoping and preying my bottle gives before the car does!!!
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: fuel tank on mk3 gti   fuel tank on mk3 gti EmptyMon Sep 28 2009, 20:09

thats clever on a public road.
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: fuel tank on mk3 gti   fuel tank on mk3 gti EmptyMon Sep 28 2009, 21:46

To get that oversteer, id guess your pussing out half way through the turn Razz

As for having 14threads left and getting another 40mm down, 1mm on the thread doesnt mean 1mm on ride height m8.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: fuel tank on mk3 gti   fuel tank on mk3 gti EmptyMon Sep 28 2009, 22:03

rocket wrote:
lol i just want a level low ride, as with all due respects being a front wheel drive and all the attributes to go with it, trust me when pushed to the limits it oversteers rather than understeers! the lowering of the rear may compensate and balance the scales back to usual understeer i hope!! i do stress my definition of pushing to the limits is taking 3rd exit roundabouts at 60mph and hoping and preying my bottle gives before the car does!!!

is that why theres a vid on facebook of your car close to a pole facing the wrong way with skidmarks on the road. You need to drive a RWD car then you will find out what limits really are lol. The only way a FWD car will oversteer is when you lift off hence lift off oversteer as your front wheels are no longer pulling you along, as matty said your pussying out fuel tank on mk3 gti Icon_geek, any stiff hatchback will give you lift off oversteer
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: fuel tank on mk3 gti   fuel tank on mk3 gti EmptyMon Sep 28 2009, 22:11

get a formula one car that will handle good round roundabouts
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: fuel tank on mk3 gti   fuel tank on mk3 gti EmptyMon Sep 28 2009, 22:32

billybug wrote:
get a formula one car that will handle good round roundabouts

nah not going fast enough to generate enough downforce... you need vtec for roundabouts yo
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: fuel tank on mk3 gti   fuel tank on mk3 gti EmptyMon Sep 28 2009, 22:33

vtecs are good for the scrappy
Back to top Go down
HOOLIGAN

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: fuel tank on mk3 gti   fuel tank on mk3 gti EmptyMon Sep 28 2009, 22:53

billybug wrote:
vtecs are good for the scrappy
yeah sum vtec fried rice!!!fuel tank on mk3 gti Icon_mad
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: fuel tank on mk3 gti   fuel tank on mk3 gti EmptyTue Sep 29 2009, 09:43

rocket wrote:

i would rather have overstreer then understreer, its easyier to handle. fuel tank on mk3 gti Icon_rolleyes

yourl be fine mate i had my old mk3 all the way down on the back without the helper springs and that didnt hit the petrol tank. the bottom arms and exhaust over (near the middle over the cat) sit the lowest on mk3s so you going to ground out before you hit the tank. fuel tank on mk3 gti 51732
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fuel tank on mk3 gti   fuel tank on mk3 gti Empty

Back to top Go down

fuel tank on mk3 gti
Page 1 of 1