fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Merc wheels and PCD advise.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Merc wheels and PCD advise. Empty
PostSubject: Merc wheels and PCD advise.   Merc wheels and PCD advise. EmptyThu Feb 18 2010, 17:38

Been looking at some Mercedes S class wheels for my Mk4 Golf and i know i will need PCD adapters to run them but was wondering what sizes will be best?

The wheels in question are 8.5x18 with an ET47.
Back to top Go down
WeFoundThePark

Male Number of posts : 425
Drives : Low. Parks: Just as Low.
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Merc wheels and PCD advise.   Merc wheels and PCD advise. EmptyThu Feb 18 2010, 19:06

would you like to tuck, poke or be flush?........
Back to top Go down
http://www.betrayyourprinciples.co.uk/
polo steph

polo steph

Female Number of posts : 1445
Drives : black 6n polo and 6n2 GTI
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Merc wheels and PCD advise.   Merc wheels and PCD advise. EmptyThu Feb 18 2010, 21:32

poke FTMFW Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Ian83

Ian83

PostSubject: Re: Merc wheels and PCD advise.   Merc wheels and PCD advise. EmptyFri Feb 19 2010, 18:28

WeFoundThePark wrote:
would you like to tuck, poke or be flush?........

flush on the front and maybe a bit of poke on the rear but not too much!
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Merc wheels and PCD advise.   Merc wheels and PCD advise. EmptyWed Feb 24 2010, 10:06

I had Merc 17x7.5 ET36 wheels on my golf with 15mm on the front and 20 on the rear for flush with very sleight tuck bringing the ET down to F21 and R16.
I had 20mm on the front and 25mm on the rear, but they were being chewed up by the front arches (double lip). Arch rolling would have cured that.

With the extra inch on your wheels and your higher offset, 20mm adaptors on the front for flush (you could probably go 25mm if you
have rolled arches or some nice stretch.) and 30mm+ adaptors on the rear for whatever amount of poke you want or 25mm
on the rear for flush.

I think 25mm Fronts and 30mm+ rears for poke would look nice.
But you will probably need arches rolling on the front.

Thats just my 2 cents though Merc wheels and PCD advise. 51732
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
Ian83

Ian83

PostSubject: Re: Merc wheels and PCD advise.   Merc wheels and PCD advise. EmptyWed Feb 24 2010, 10:27

Cheers for the advice i have no idea what will and won't work when it comes to fitting wheels! Currently have 8.5x19 with an ET35 on my Mk4 now and the front wheels catch on the arch's but then it does have 235/35 on it. Rears have a 6mm spacer and they sit with just a little tuck but never had a problem with rubbing on them even with a car of 4 people and the boot full.

Any ideas where i could get adapters from? I know Jon is running Mercedes wheels on his Mk3 so might try to borrow one of his adapters to see how they wheels fit before i splash out on adapters.
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

PostSubject: Re: Merc wheels and PCD advise.   Merc wheels and PCD advise. EmptyWed Feb 24 2010, 10:59

Ian83 wrote:
Cheers for the advice i have no idea what will and won't work when it comes to fitting wheels! Currently have 8.5x19 with an ET35 on my Mk4 now and the front wheels catch on the arch's but then it does have 235/35 on it. Rears have a 6mm spacer and they sit with just a little tuck but never had a problem with rubbing on them even with a car of 4 people and the boot full.

Any ideas where i could get adapters from? I know Jon is running Mercedes wheels on his Mk3 so might try to borrow one of his adapters to see how they wheels fit before i splash out on adapters.

Yeah, figuring out ET is a pain in the arse to get the stance right.
But when you do, you'll be so chuffed!

I'd say 20's on the front and 35's on the rear to be safe. Then you shouldnt have any problems whatsoever and they'll all be flush.
You can always swap them with other people on ED38 and wheel whores.

Check Edition38 for adaptors.
There's usually loads of 5x100-5x112 adaptors for sale floating about on there.
There was also a guy on eBay who will make a set up of what ever PCD/ET that you want for £175. I'll see if I can find his advert for you.
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

PostSubject: Re: Merc wheels and PCD advise.   Merc wheels and PCD advise. EmptyThu Feb 25 2010, 11:39

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merc wheels and PCD advise.   Merc wheels and PCD advise. Empty

Back to top Go down

Merc wheels and PCD advise.
Page 1 of 1