fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Washer jets not working properly

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Washer jets not working properly Empty
PostSubject: Washer jets not working properly   Washer jets not working properly EmptyTue Nov 17 2009, 08:34

As many of you know my mk4 golf was unused most of this year now basically the windscreen washer jets are only working enough to cover about a 5th of the screen, funny thing is the headlight washers are working fine. Are there two pumps? one for the headlights and one for the windscreen? What could have happened cos its getting quite annoying Washer jets not working properly Icon_rolleyes Cheers Chris.
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Washer jets not working properly   Washer jets not working properly EmptyTue Nov 17 2009, 09:43

tried cleaning them out? they get blocked up when the car has been standing for a while, compressed air down the nozzles and up the tube should sort it, may need a pin down the nozzles to clear any hard crap
Back to top Go down
nelds

nelds

Male Number of posts : 1816
Drives : 2.5TDI T4 LWB
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Washer jets not working properly   Washer jets not working properly EmptyTue Nov 17 2009, 13:20

if the pumps are pushing some water out them they must be working, as Tiz said "clean them". I took my jets off and soak them in soapy water, pushed a pin in the holes them blew down them to clear the crud!.......I then switched the washers on without the jet attached to pipe to push the water thru the pipes to clear any blockages
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Washer jets not working properly   Washer jets not working properly EmptyTue Nov 17 2009, 13:58

mines the same kit. cheers for the info lads il give it a go Washer jets not working properly 51732
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Washer jets not working properly   Washer jets not working properly EmptyTue Nov 17 2009, 15:26

yea cheers guys Washer jets not working properly 51732
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Washer jets not working properly   Washer jets not working properly Empty

Back to top Go down

Washer jets not working properly
Page 1 of 1