fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HID's..............talk to me

Go down 
+4
HOOLIGAN
Dan34
Tiz
matty_mk1
8 posters
AuthorMessage
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

HID's..............talk to me Empty
PostSubject: HID's..............talk to me   HID's..............talk to me EmptyWed Sep 09 2009, 22:22

Looking for a HID kit for the mk2, have no idea what to look for or what best as never really interested me.

So whats the dealo, and any recomendation?

cheers HID's..............talk to me 51732
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: HID's..............talk to me   HID's..............talk to me EmptyWed Sep 09 2009, 22:49

stupidly bright ones through non projectors are REALLYYYY annoying

why do you want HIDs for the look or for better lights?
Back to top Go down
Dan34

Dan34

Male Number of posts : 1409
Drives : DC5
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: HID's..............talk to me   HID's..............talk to me EmptyWed Sep 09 2009, 22:51

HID's are blinding!! just uprate the headlight loom HID's..............talk to me 460227

Dan
Back to top Go down
http://www.ec-dc.co.uk
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: HID's..............talk to me   HID's..............talk to me EmptyWed Sep 09 2009, 22:57

Better lighting, im not bothered what they look like as ill be in the drivers seat lol

is this headlght loom upgrade something you buy or do you rewire the light different for more power or something? bare in mind i hate wiring with a passion HID's..............talk to me 730194
Back to top Go down
HOOLIGAN

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: HID's..............talk to me   HID's..............talk to me EmptyThu Sep 10 2009, 07:25

matty_mk1 wrote:
Better lighting, im not bothered what they look like as ill be in the drivers seat lol

is this headlght loom upgrade something you buy or do you rewire the light different for more power or something? bare in mind i hate wiring with a passion HID's..............talk to me 730194
to be honest you will be better off upgrading your bulbs, you can buy 130w bulbs off the shelf ie from halfords around £22each they give off a blue/white light. on the box it say`s not for road use but who the hell is going to take any notice of that lol plus you wont get any of the probs you get with hids ie melted light loom,melted reflector. trust me its no fun drivin at night with no lights cos your hid kit has melted ur loom! HID's..............talk to me 128807
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: HID's..............talk to me   HID's..............talk to me EmptyThu Sep 10 2009, 08:35

It has the uprated silly prices blue bulbs already, and in my opinion they are horse poop.

Any more info on uprating the headlight loom?
Back to top Go down
whatalotafun

whatalotafun

Male Number of posts : 1656
Drives : fiesta zetec, eunos roadster, 1970 bug, honda vt 250
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: HID's..............talk to me   HID's..............talk to me EmptyThu Sep 10 2009, 08:49

Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: HID's..............talk to me   HID's..............talk to me EmptyThu Sep 10 2009, 08:50

Matt, look on http://www.matey-matey.com/uprated_headlight_wiring.shtml

You can make your own or if you just wanna buy, look on ebay Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: HID's..............talk to me   HID's..............talk to me EmptyThu Sep 10 2009, 08:53

Sweet cheers HID's..............talk to me 51732
Back to top Go down
whatalotafun

whatalotafun

Male Number of posts : 1656
Drives : fiesta zetec, eunos roadster, 1970 bug, honda vt 250
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: HID's..............talk to me   HID's..............talk to me EmptyThu Sep 10 2009, 08:58

no probs, these are the kits that you buy from ebay for 22quid.

saves you the hastle
Back to top Go down
Dan34

Dan34

PostSubject: Re: HID's..............talk to me   HID's..............talk to me EmptyThu Sep 10 2009, 09:34

are you saying to put 130w bulbs in? i thought anything over 55-60w is illegal in a car? i could be wong though lol

Dan
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: HID's..............talk to me   HID's..............talk to me EmptyThu Sep 10 2009, 10:09

if you just bung 130watt bulbs in your pretty likely to melt your wiring lol.

The lights are dull due to the length the wiring runs and the fact the wiring is quite old and tired by now. Ive still got some bits of mk2 wiring loom if you want to try and make it look more factory and hide the relay etc as im sure you dont just want a mass of random wires all over the place. If you fancy it, get the bits and ill come over and knock the loom up for you one day for nothing if you want cause ive done a few now lol
Back to top Go down
Dan34

Dan34

PostSubject: Re: HID's..............talk to me   HID's..............talk to me EmptyThu Sep 10 2009, 10:11

Tiz wrote:

The lights are dull due to the length the wiring runs and the fact the wiring is quite old and tired by now. Ive still got some bits of mk2 wiring loom if you want to try and make it look more factory and hide the relay etc as im sure you dont just want a mass of random wires all over the place. If you fancy it, get the bits and ill come over and knock the loom up for you one day for nothing if you want cause ive done a few now lol

Tommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm could you knock me a loom up one day please aswell HID's..............talk to me Icon_biggrin HID's..............talk to me Lol

Dan
Back to top Go down
hasekna

hasekna

Male Number of posts : 254
Drives : a lot
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: HID's..............talk to me   HID's..............talk to me EmptyThu Sep 10 2009, 10:35

Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: HID's..............talk to me   HID's..............talk to me EmptyThu Sep 10 2009, 18:25

Dan34 wrote:
Tiz wrote:

Tommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm could you knock me a loom up one day please aswell HID's..............talk to me Icon_biggrin HID's..............talk to me Lol

Dan

Depends if you do that thing you did the other night HID's..............talk to me 651561
Back to top Go down
Dan34

Dan34

PostSubject: Re: HID's..............talk to me   HID's..............talk to me EmptyThu Sep 10 2009, 20:48

Tiz wrote:
Dan34 wrote:
Tiz wrote:

Dan

Depends if you do that thing you did the other night HID's..............talk to me 651561

HID's..............talk to me 795435 HID's..............talk to me 795435 HID's..............talk to me 795435

you said you'd never speak of it again!!! HID's..............talk to me Lol

Dan
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: HID's..............talk to me   HID's..............talk to me EmptyFri Sep 11 2009, 09:37

Tiz wrote:
Dan34 wrote:
Tiz wrote:

Dan

ahh the backwards reverse hovering cheata HID's..............talk to me 651561
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: HID's..............talk to me   HID's..............talk to me EmptySat Sep 26 2009, 09:23

Got an uprated headlight loom off ebay, and fitted it yesterday. noticed a great improvement on the way to and back from the meet last night.

thanks for the advice guys Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HID's..............talk to me   HID's..............talk to me Empty

Back to top Go down

HID's..............talk to me
Page 1 of 1