fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Whats this and should it be oily?

Go down 
+2
Dan34
Ashley
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashley

Ashley

Male Number of posts : 1165
Drives : Vento 1.9TDi
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Whats this and should it be oily? Empty
PostSubject: Whats this and should it be oily?   Whats this and should it be oily? EmptySat May 30 2009, 12:16

Hey, can anyone tell me what this is and why it would have oil coming out of it? Recently my engine has been leaking oil a lot, about half a litre a week, and i think this is the culprit. It's to the left of the spark plug leads, is it some kind of sensor?

Whats this and should it be oily? AshCar001

Whats this and should it be oily? AshCar002

Whats this and should it be oily? AshCar003

Is it a case of getting a new one, or is it just a gasket/washer around it which may have corroded?

cheers

Ash
Back to top Go down
Dan34

Dan34

Male Number of posts : 1409
Drives : DC5
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Whats this and should it be oily?   Whats this and should it be oily? EmptySat May 30 2009, 12:19

i could be wrong but i think it may be an oil temp sensor or something similiar Question

Dan
Back to top Go down
http://www.ec-dc.co.uk
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Whats this and should it be oily?   Whats this and should it be oily? EmptySat May 30 2009, 13:02

oil pressure sensor mate, get a new one they go dodgy over time and leak oil out, a new one will fix your problems, try and get a VW one for about £15 i think they are as the GSF ones are shockingly bad.
Back to top Go down
gtv

gtv

Male Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Whats this and should it be oily?   Whats this and should it be oily? EmptySat May 30 2009, 15:49

I had the same problem on the Ibiza, its the oil pressure switch, ours when like yours and had a small leak from it, easy to replace and all will be fine Smile
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

PostSubject: Re: Whats this and should it be oily?   Whats this and should it be oily? EmptySat May 30 2009, 20:42

You lads, are awesome. I'll get on it this week.

The amount of apparent crap I've had from this is nuts, even to the point of if i break sharp oil spills onto the exhaust below and stinks the car out

Should this be obvious on VAGCOM too?

cheers
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Whats this and should it be oily?   Whats this and should it be oily? EmptySat May 30 2009, 20:57

nah it wouldnt come up on vag com at all.
Back to top Go down
gtv

gtv

Male Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Whats this and should it be oily?   Whats this and should it be oily? EmptySun May 31 2009, 07:08

as above we had no fault codes stored, but the switch did start to play up in the end and the oil light would come on at low revs, once you get to 1.5k it would go off.
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

PostSubject: Re: Whats this and should it be oily?   Whats this and should it be oily? EmptySun May 31 2009, 08:06

The oil light hasn't started to go on yet, so it couldn't be too bad. It's just annoying needing to keep topping half a litre up every week or so Mad lol
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Whats this and should it be oily?   Whats this and should it be oily? EmptySun May 31 2009, 18:29

Ashley wrote:
The oil light hasn't started to go on yet, so it couldn't be too bad. It's just annoying needing to keep topping half a litre up every week or so Mad lol

hope you get it sorted ash didnt have chance to say on friday but the golf looks mint Wink
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

PostSubject: Re: Whats this and should it be oily?   Whats this and should it be oily? EmptySun May 31 2009, 20:25

Lupton_20vt wrote:
Ashley wrote:

hope you get it sorted ash didnt have chance to say on friday but the golf looks mint Wink

Ahh cheers buddy, didnt get a chance to speak to you either. The car is by no means mint; has 2 crapped up wings, a ton of scratches and isn't any where near low enough lol

Whens your car going to be ready to come to a meet?
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: Whats this and should it be oily?   Whats this and should it be oily? EmptySun May 31 2009, 21:15

Ashley wrote:
Lupton_20vt wrote:
Ashley wrote:

Ahh cheers buddy, didnt get a chance to speak to you either. The car is by no means mint; has 2 crapped up wings, a ton of scratches and isn't any where near low enough lol

Whens your car going to be ready to come to a meet?

i meant mint in the form of character Razz you probably saw my blue ninja? im hoping august time or july at best Razz
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

PostSubject: Re: Whats this and should it be oily?   Whats this and should it be oily? EmptyMon Jun 01 2009, 07:42

lol i guess it has character yeah. i saw the ninja yeah, must be a lot cheaper than the golf to run?

cant wait to see it cheers
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: Whats this and should it be oily?   Whats this and should it be oily? EmptyMon Jun 01 2009, 07:58

Ashley wrote:
lol i guess it has character yeah. i saw the ninja yeah, must be a lot cheaper than the golf to run?

£15 quid a week to run the ninja doing three figure speeds most places golf is nearer £50 if i drove it as hard lol yea i cant wait to see it done either!! ill come say hello next time Razz
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

PostSubject: Re: Whats this and should it be oily?   Whats this and should it be oily? EmptyMon Jun 01 2009, 09:39

Lupton_20vt wrote:
Ashley wrote:

£15 quid a week to run the ninja doing three figure speeds most places golf is nearer £50 if i drove it as hard lol yea i cant wait to see it done either!! ill come say hello next time Razz

i need to start talking to people at meets Razz i just end up wandering round like im lost
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: Whats this and should it be oily?   Whats this and should it be oily? EmptyMon Jun 01 2009, 09:50

Ashley wrote:
Lupton_20vt wrote:
Ashley wrote:

i need to start talking to people at meets Razz i just end up wandering round like im lost

i think we all do Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dan34

Dan34

PostSubject: Re: Whats this and should it be oily?   Whats this and should it be oily? EmptyMon Jun 01 2009, 13:20

Lupton_20vt wrote:
Ashley wrote:
Lupton_20vt wrote:
Ashley wrote:

i think we all do Laughing

so true! i didnt talked to anybody at the last meet except the mate that came with me, it always seems abit awkward lmao Laughing

Dan
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Whats this and should it be oily?   Whats this and should it be oily? EmptyMon Jun 01 2009, 13:47

not at all i chatted to loads of people i hadnt met before. the only thing that makes it awkward is the people that just got there and then sat in their cars
Back to top Go down
Dan34

Dan34

PostSubject: Re: Whats this and should it be oily?   Whats this and should it be oily? EmptyMon Jun 01 2009, 16:44

max wrote:
not at all i chatted to loads of people i hadnt met before. the only thing that makes it awkward is the people that just got there and then sat in their cars

haha sounds like me! geek, then again i was tackling a large kebab half the night lol!

Dan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats this and should it be oily?   Whats this and should it be oily? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats this and should it be oily?
Page 1 of 1