fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

temperature rising

Go down 
+2
matty_mk1
jimmymidnight
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

Male Number of posts : 1998
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

temperature rising Empty
PostSubject: temperature rising   temperature rising EmptyWed Jan 21 2009, 09:16

ive noticed over the last couple of days that, when in traffic, my temperature rises from about 70 to around the 90+ mark. is this bad, am i going to cry and have to fork out again? or is it all ok really?

Fanks.Smile
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

temperature rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: temperature rising   temperature rising EmptyWed Jan 21 2009, 10:16

Is nothin major to worry about if its not goin too high, try putting you heaters on full when stationary that usually helps.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

temperature rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: temperature rising   temperature rising EmptyWed Jan 21 2009, 10:34

matty_mk1 wrote:
Is nothin major to worry about if its not goin too high, try putting you heaters on full when stationary that usually helps.

yeap i do that also
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

temperature rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: temperature rising   temperature rising EmptyWed Jan 21 2009, 11:49

cheers guys, hopefully it wont get worse!

theonly problem is when the blower is on any other setting after 1, it's SOOOO loud, anyone know how i can fix this too?
cheers
Back to top Go down
martinb
martinb

Male Number of posts : 1760
Drives : Corrado G60
Registration date : 2008-01-31

temperature rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: temperature rising   temperature rising EmptyWed Jan 21 2009, 11:59

think thats pretty normal dude if i remember right, nothing to worry about as long as the fans cutting in ok. I think you can cure the noise either by taking out the fan/blower and re-greasing the bearings or just replace it, i dont think they are very expensive - it used to do that for me, i found that if you switch the blower off and back on it usually shuts it up.

Martin Cool
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

temperature rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: temperature rising   temperature rising EmptyWed Jan 21 2009, 12:07

martinb wrote:
think thats pretty normal dude if i remember right, nothing to worry about as long as the fans cutting in ok. I think you can cure the noise either by taking out the fan/blower and re-greasing the bearings or just replace it, i dont think they are very expensive - it used to do that for me, i found that if you switch the blower off and back on it usually shuts it up.

Martin Cool

yeah i thought that was the case, i never noticed it before, it's probably becuase i was bored in traffic and i started looking at it! haha!

cheers for the advice dude! might tackle the blower this weekend!
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

Male Number of posts : 1165
Drives : Vento 1.9TDi
Registration date : 2008-07-12

temperature rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: temperature rising   temperature rising EmptyWed Jan 21 2009, 13:02

My golf does it, especially in summer traffic. I always get a bit worried and insist on having heated blowers on pointing out of the window - doesn't half piss anyone else off who's in the car!

Always cringing if I see a thread started by you, I keep thinking something else has happened Shocked
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

temperature rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: temperature rising   temperature rising EmptyWed Jan 21 2009, 13:38

nah, it's all good, just thinking about getting all the little bits done over the weekend!
Back to top Go down
bob_drinks_beer

bob_drinks_beer

Male Number of posts : 515
Drives : Polo 6n 1.4 16v
Registration date : 2008-01-24

temperature rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: temperature rising   temperature rising EmptyWed Jan 21 2009, 13:51

45h845h wrote:
Always cringing if I see a thread started by you, I keep thinking something else has happened Shocked

i keep thinking the same! makes a change for it not to be me having things go wrong every five mins... oh no wait... lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

temperature rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: temperature rising   temperature rising Empty

Back to top Go down

temperature rising
Page 1 of 1