fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

mk2 driver weber carb setup asap

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

mk2 driver weber carb setup asap Empty
PostSubject: mk2 driver weber carb setup asap   mk2 driver weber carb setup asap EmptyThu Jan 15 2009, 11:20

my mate has a 1600 driver which has a brand new weber carb (replacement for the pierburg w4nk)

its currently very choked up when pulling off, junctions etc and also at low revs in each gear. after about 3000 revs it clears and goes like a rocket.

being an avid gti owner for the past 3-4 years i dont know my way around a carb.
so can anyone gimme any pointers how i could improve the engines running. is it a case of simply turning a screw? if so which one?

also where does the carb heat pipe go cuz i think it hasnt got one ?

please help asap
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

Male Number of posts : 2138
Drives : LWB T5 and 69 bug - we will see who is fastest on the strip hey Mark ;)
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: mk2 driver weber carb setup asap   mk2 driver weber carb setup asap EmptyThu Jan 15 2009, 12:30

didn't put the heat pipe on when i had the weber on the jetta and it ran well without it...had to leave the choke out for a bit longer int he cold but apart from that all was good.

for the idle speed...http://www.carburetion.com/Weber/adjust.htm

troubleshooting...http://www.carburetion.com/troubleshoot.htm

can't remember where the mixture adjustment is on it...might be worth pm'ing tyness as he had a new one and he might still have the instructions with the diagram on Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightymetamorphicracing.co.uk
tyeness

tyeness

Male Number of posts : 595
Drives : about once a week
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: mk2 driver weber carb setup asap   mk2 driver weber carb setup asap EmptyThu Jan 15 2009, 18:07

I does has carbs.

There's a little ridge that runs around the bottom of the carb. As you look at the carb from the front of the car, go to the left hand side of the carb, and in that little ridge towards the front is a little recess. Idle screw is in there. I think.

Can't remember which way is rich or lean, possibly right is rich, left is lean.

I'll have a peek at the instructions tonight to be sure.

Best thing though would be to get it on a CO meter and get it set properly, I drove about with 10% CO for about 6 weeks till I did this Embarassed
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

Drives : LWB T5 and 69 bug - we will see who is fastest on the strip hey Mark ;)

PostSubject: Re: mk2 driver weber carb setup asap   mk2 driver weber carb setup asap EmptyFri Jan 16 2009, 06:43

tyeness wrote:
I does has carbs.

There's a little ridge that runs around the bottom of the carb. As you look at the carb from the front of the car, go to the left hand side of the carb, and in that little ridge towards the front is a little recess. Idle screw is in there. I think.

Can't remember which way is rich or lean, possibly right is rich, left is lean.

I'll have a peek at the instructions tonight to be sure.

Best thing though would be to get it on a CO meter and get it set properly, I drove about with 10% CO for about 6 weeks till I did this Embarassed

went like stink for that 6 weeks though didn't it Wink
Back to top Go down
tyeness

tyeness

Male Number of posts : 595
Drives : about once a week
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: mk2 driver weber carb setup asap   mk2 driver weber carb setup asap EmptyFri Jan 16 2009, 08:50

Well yeah, but it was expensive Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

PostSubject: Re: mk2 driver weber carb setup asap   mk2 driver weber carb setup asap EmptyFri Jan 16 2009, 11:19

tyeness wrote:
Well yeah, but it was expensive Very Happy

lol!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mk2 driver weber carb setup asap   mk2 driver weber carb setup asap Empty

Back to top Go down

mk2 driver weber carb setup asap
Page 1 of 1