fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

a little help/advice with 'bag setup

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
westie

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-03

a little help/advice with 'bag setup Empty
PostSubject: a little help/advice with 'bag setup   a little help/advice with 'bag setup EmptyTue Sep 20 2011, 17:30

Sup peeps, so i've recently bought a second hand air ride setup. It's currently a two way set up with paddle valve switches and i'm looking at upgrading to a 4 way independent corner set up. Just basically looking for places to buy fittings/air line etc and get any advice on the set up. I've looked online and importing from america/germany is what a lot of people do, ideally i'd like to get stuff from the UK. Cheers
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: a little help/advice with 'bag setup   a little help/advice with 'bag setup EmptyTue Sep 20 2011, 17:41

Do you want to go digital management or stay manual?

I'd defo recomment the accuair valve block, very well made and nice and compact. Fittings depend on your tank really, what thread that has.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
westie

PostSubject: Re: a little help/advice with 'bag setup   a little help/advice with 'bag setup EmptyTue Sep 20 2011, 18:34

Ideally i'd like to stay manual, don't really fancy spending a shed load tbh, just want something that can get me low for shows and give me the ability to raise up for speedbumps/bad roads etc. I'm quite tempted to stay with the paddle valves as they're tried and tested, nothing really to go wrong with them like. The tank i think has a 3/8th port, it's a small firestone one.
Back to top Go down
westie

PostSubject: Re: a little help/advice with 'bag setup   a little help/advice with 'bag setup EmptyMon Oct 03 2011, 17:34

So i've been doing some searching around and found a place that does fittings and air line and such. Just wondering/needing some clarification. Basically, if i were to upgrade to a 4 paddle valve setup, and purchased this manifold block could i use these push to fit studs in the manifold as a means of having 4 1/4" air line feeds to each of the switches. I'm just not sure on all the different threads and specs. Would also need a 3/8 push to connect stud for the in port on the manifold and the tank. Would it be worth running 3/8" air line from compressor to tank as well? it's currently 1/4". My tank and compressor and everything is all firestone stuff, if that makes a difference.
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: a little help/advice with 'bag setup   a little help/advice with 'bag setup EmptyMon Oct 03 2011, 17:41

is your tank etc from america, if so that will all be npt thread so the bspt stuff isnt going to fit. and line size is up to you really, you can always use a reducer it the fitting is the wrong size at either end. with the compressor line, id avise leaving the breaded line that it comes with to go to the tank.
Back to top Go down
westie

PostSubject: Re: a little help/advice with 'bag setup   a little help/advice with 'bag setup EmptyMon Oct 03 2011, 19:56

All my stuff i got second hand, apparently it was originally put together by Rayvern though. It's all Firestone bags/tank/compressor. The compressor doesn't have a braided line on it? Just some 1/4" air line
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: a little help/advice with 'bag setup   a little help/advice with 'bag setup EmptyMon Oct 03 2011, 20:25

oh right, well you need to find out what thread type you have. not many places over here deal with NPT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a little help/advice with 'bag setup   a little help/advice with 'bag setup Empty

Back to top Go down

a little help/advice with 'bag setup
Page 1 of 1