fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot !

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MrD

MrD

Male Number of posts : 152
Drives : Vauxhall Vivaro 2 ltr tdci work van/ Scirocco gtx 1.8 dx ,kent cam,6 point cage,vernier,k+n,soon to be 9a powered
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot ! Empty
PostSubject: Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot !   Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot ! EmptySat Sep 27 2008, 07:24

Well i took my rocco for its re test on friday,and good news is that it passed !

here are a few pics of it as it is now.Still got buckets to fit ,4 points,alloys and paint Very Happy

Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot ! 25092008600
Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot ! Newwindy
Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot ! 20092008594
Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot ! 20092008593
Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot ! Sigpic
Got to resist the urge to drive it,not getting tax until monday
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot !   Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot ! EmptySat Sep 27 2008, 08:41

Well done dude, probs see it around or at the next meet now then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
MrD

MrD

Drives : Vauxhall Vivaro 2 ltr tdci work van/ Scirocco gtx 1.8 dx ,kent cam,6 point cage,vernier,k+n,soon to be 9a powered

PostSubject: Re: Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot !   Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot ! EmptySat Sep 27 2008, 13:57

Possibly yes ! over to see a Guy in littleport on the 4th,parts he is fitting are
Techniclutch fast road clutch+ new cable
new wishbones and bushes
421 exhaust manifold,might get him to fit the one i have or a might even go for the janspeed one thats on the bay,nice shiny stainless one.
Got a new rad off the bay a couple of weeks ago,but i need my rad cowling sand blasting and painting before i fit it.
Next on the list is some head work,then see how i get on with the current lump,possibly a 2ltr 16valve engine if i pop the current one.think a 20vt might be a little overkill,don`t want to lose driveability.
It runs a bit lumpy with the cam,does not like cruising along,have to boot it everywhere .Going to need a radar dectector,and remember to stay off the A14 when i am in it Smile
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot !   Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot ! EmptySun Sep 28 2008, 09:08

looking cool. what wheels are you going for? i think pslots look cool on rocco's so theres no hurry for new wheels!
Back to top Go down
MrD

MrD

PostSubject: Re: Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot !   Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot ! EmptySun Sep 28 2008, 16:39

Yeah might stick with them to be honest.Prob going to strip and polish them up,don`t know what i would do about the centre caps tough,as they won`t match could cut out some alloy disks and glue them on top i suppose.Place in huntingdon just opened,they buy and sell alloys,and do reconditioning ,stukley meadows area,strip spray and laq from £40 per wheel.so will see how i get on doing them Very Happy
Paint is my biggest bug bear at the mo,both doors need doing,the roof and the bonnet,might have a crack at this myself,but that means more outlay for compressor and spray equipment,have got a huge garden tent 9mx4m so would prob do it in that.Don`t have the luxury of a garage :( Need to know if i can get 195/50/14`s on my standard rims,got 185 on at the mo ,want some toyo`s my tyres are old and have gone hard and shiny = not very grippy.
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot !   Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot ! EmptySun Sep 28 2008, 17:28

why do y ou want to go for 195's?
Back to top Go down
bwild

bwild

Male Number of posts : 249
Drives : mk5 gttdi 140
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot !   Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot ! EmptySun Sep 28 2008, 19:43

what is the name of this wheel place in huntindon? and the address?
Back to top Go down
MrD

MrD

PostSubject: Re: Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot !   Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot ! EmptyMon Sep 29 2008, 07:39

I want 195`s cos they look better i think,also have a bit more grip Very Happy And also partly because i can`t put my boot down without it spinning them up

Wheel place is called....The wheel genie..the wheel genie.co.uk
13-14 phoenix court,st margrets way pe29 6eb 01480 414905
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot !   Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh yey 4 year project ! now with added mot !
Page 1 of 1