fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

B5 passat brake problem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
red_MK2_ryder

red_MK2_ryder

Male Number of posts : 89
Drives : Mk2 Ryder 1.3 - MK2 GTI 8V
Registration date : 2010-04-11

B5 passat brake problem Empty
PostSubject: B5 passat brake problem   B5 passat brake problem EmptySun Jul 31 2011, 15:45

Dont know if anyone knows, or probably more practical from a cost point of view, where i can get this part (other than VW) but i will give it a go Very Happy

i have a 1998 2.0 auto passat, and one of the brake calliper slide pins is seized, i have soaked it for a couple of days and its still stuck, i will take it into work in the morning and get it out on the milling machine, but of course need replacements.

has anyone got them from anywhere else? as i always object to paying the dealers inflated prices.

thanks in advance Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
red_MK2_ryder

red_MK2_ryder

PostSubject: Re: B5 passat brake problem   B5 passat brake problem EmptyMon Aug 01 2011, 13:53

Ok, well as usual these things move on Smile

got the seized part out, and contacted Vindis, they said the bolt is not seperate, and only comes as part of the calliper bash

and this is 109 plus vat affraid

will try to find one in a breakers (pardon the pun) but if anyone knows a source of replacement ones, it would be good.
Back to top Go down
BenxK

BenxK

Male Number of posts : 228
Drives : MK2 Golf
Registration date : 2011-01-14

PostSubject: Re: B5 passat brake problem   B5 passat brake problem EmptyMon Aug 01 2011, 15:44

Their still quite pricey on Euro's dude.. Might be worth biting the bullet and getting it from VW unless you have a trade account with EuroCarParts?
Back to top Go down
red_MK2_ryder

red_MK2_ryder

PostSubject: Re: B5 passat brake problem   B5 passat brake problem EmptyMon Aug 01 2011, 15:58

Thanks for your reply.

Dont have a trade account with Euros, and still object to paying for an entire calliper, where all i need is a bolt......... although it is a special bolt. have a friend who works for a Skoda dealer looking into it too, this looks very similar to the old Favorit and Felicia front brake calliper, but the pins might not be the same.

Failing that, i might have a go at turning one up on a lathe.
Back to top Go down
red_MK2_ryder

red_MK2_ryder

PostSubject: Re: B5 passat brake problem   B5 passat brake problem EmptySun Aug 14 2011, 18:13

If anyones interested, i got this all sorted now, as before, i managed to get the old pins out, went to a scrapyard (or to be more politically correct a vehicle dismantlers) and got some out of a MK3 golf, fitted perfectly Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B5 passat brake problem   B5 passat brake problem Empty

Back to top Go down

B5 passat brake problem
Page 1 of 1