fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What camera

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Copey85

Copey85

Male Number of posts : 128
Drives : mk2 caddyvan mk3 golf gti mk1 golf gti project
Registration date : 2009-07-30

What camera Empty
PostSubject: What camera   What camera EmptyThu Jul 28 2011, 21:34

Hi everybody I'm thinking on buying a new camera for next years show I was wondering what you guys think would be the best camera for quality
Back to top Go down
Cupcake

Cupcake

Female Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2010-01-12

What camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: What camera   What camera EmptySat Aug 06 2011, 11:08

That depends, do you want to work with apertures and shutter speeds, or do you want to work on auto.

And do you want to work with digital or film?

There's really no point nowadays spending money on a DSLR if you're going to run it in auto mode all the time, snapshot camera's are just as high definition

But if you want to be able to play with the settings like shutter speed, ISO, and aperture then get a DSLR.

If you won't be printing or showing the images at billboard size then you really need no more than 10 or 12 megapixels, so don't need to spend money on a really expensive high def camera, that's all a con!

I'd definitely suggest a DSLR, they're so much fun and you can do so much with them, change lenses etc. but it really depends what you want.

DSLR wise, I'd have a look in some shops for the mid range ones [d40x and above for nikon, and similar for others] and I'd say the best make would be Canon followed swiftly by Nikon and Olympus.

If you're more into film my massive suggestion would be an oldskool Canon AE-1 - they're my favourite film SLR's :]
Back to top Go down
Copey85

Copey85

What camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: What camera   What camera EmptySat Aug 06 2011, 11:49

I have no idea what any of that means lol I just want a top quality camera suppose digital would be better for me. I'm interested in photography so I would like to learn all the adjust meant I could do on a camera. But I would like something that good quality and that all rustable but simple to use
Back to top Go down
Cupcake

Cupcake

What camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: What camera   What camera EmptySat Aug 06 2011, 16:36

Go for an SLR if you want all the adjustment, they still have an auto setting so when you don't have time to fiddle around you can shoot on that and use it like a normal point-and-shoot digital camera.

You'd have to try out each of those three I suggested, Canon Nikon or Olympus and find which suits you better as the adjustment wheels and such are all in different places, so it depends what you feel comfortable with really.

I've got an old Nikon D40X which is fairly bottom end of the spectrum nowadays and it's 10.2 megapixels, still enlarges to poster size with no pixellation and the images are crisp and clear. They don't go for that much now so you could probably pick one up for around 150 quid, don't quote me on that though - I'm just guessing!

They're great fun to play about with, you'll just need to read up on things like ISO, and depth of field and stuff like that, not too hard if you play around a lot :]

Back to top Go down
Copey85

Copey85

What camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: What camera   What camera EmptySat Aug 06 2011, 17:07

What do you think of the Olympus e-400 slr camera

Ive found the makes but I don't know about models
Back to top Go down
Cupcake

Cupcake

What camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: What camera   What camera EmptySat Aug 06 2011, 17:21

Honestly, it really depends on which you prefer, you'd have to test one out in a shop to see which is most user friendly for you, but I know any DSLR of those three makes is going to be really high quality imaging, but you've got to factor in with the price that you'll eventually want to buy more lenses for them, and you'll most likely want a flash unit [on camera flash isn't that great]
Back to top Go down
Copey85

Copey85

What camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: What camera   What camera EmptySat Aug 06 2011, 17:44

Ok cheers mate I'll have a look around might go for the olympus e-400
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What camera Empty