fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

VW T4 Conversion...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

VW T4 Conversion... Empty
PostSubject: VW T4 Conversion...   VW T4 Conversion... EmptyFri Jul 01 2011, 15:35

Right, so this might be the start of my parent's induction into the VW scene...
Let's hope so!

Anyway, they're looking at getting a T4 van to use as a camper.
Question is, they don't know whether to get a ready-converted one, or get the conversion done themselves.
All of the ready-converted ones look good, but go for silly money.
You can get a decent condition T4 LWB 2.5TDI with nice low-ish mileage for quite cheap which is exactly what they want.

They've had a look around the conversion sites and found this one...

http://www.convertyourvan.co.uk/

They don't provide installation of appliances, but they do everything else and very cheaply.
The appliances isn't an issue as we can source and install them through a friend.
The interiors looks good too. Nothing OTT, just basic gear you need to use it as a camper.

So what should we look out for when viewing a T4? And what about a pre-converted one?
Has anyone on here had a T4 conversion? And any experiences with them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: VW T4 Conversion...   VW T4 Conversion... EmptyFri Jul 01 2011, 16:08

From what i saw when my parents were looking around before they got the camper we have now they looked at converted transits and t4/t5's and then converting them yourself. There is loads to take into account if you do it yourself, wiring etc. The main this the branded ones will come with iss the build quality (not saying your parents are idiots but its pretty difficult cramming it all in) the other thing is the amount of insulation etc, especially if they plan going away in it when its cooler.
Back to top Go down
mk1g60phill

mk1g60phill

Male Number of posts : 2918
Drives : Seat leon fr 20vt & a t4 land barge hippy van.
Registration date : 2008-02-21

PostSubject: Re: VW T4 Conversion...   VW T4 Conversion... EmptyFri Jul 01 2011, 16:46

I have a nice lwb t4 i may be selling Thumbs up theres a place in saint neots that convert them called unique campers they were doing my side window.
Back to top Go down
http://deborah.ball703@ntlworld.com
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: VW T4 Conversion...   VW T4 Conversion... EmptyFri Jul 01 2011, 17:00

Lupton_20vt wrote:
From what i saw when my parents were looking around before they got the camper we have now they looked at converted transits and t4/t5's and then converting them yourself. There is loads to take into account if you do it yourself, wiring etc. The main this the branded ones will come with iss the build quality (not saying your parents are idiots but its pretty difficult cramming it all in) the other thing is the amount of insulation etc, especially if they plan going away in it when its cooler.
Sorry, I may have worded it wrongly.
My parents won't be doing the conversion, we'll have somewhere else doing that for us.
They're only going to buy the vehicle and appliances. Our friend will be fitting the appliances, and somewhere like convertyourvan.co.uk will do the interior.

I'll probably set up the audio in it, as my mum's a bit of an audio-freak.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
nelds

nelds

Male Number of posts : 1816
Drives : 2.5TDI T4 LWB
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: VW T4 Conversion...   VW T4 Conversion... EmptyFri Jul 01 2011, 18:35

selling up already Phil...???

There's a guy in Bury St Edmunds that i'm going to see Monday night that does T4 conversions. He has one there that he's just completed for me to look at.
Back to top Go down
mk1g60phill

mk1g60phill

Male Number of posts : 2918
Drives : Seat leon fr 20vt & a t4 land barge hippy van.
Registration date : 2008-02-21

PostSubject: Re: VW T4 Conversion...   VW T4 Conversion... EmptyFri Jul 01 2011, 20:53

Well i got a company van and i love my mk1s too much man Razz
Back to top Go down
http://deborah.ball703@ntlworld.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VW T4 Conversion...   VW T4 Conversion... Empty

Back to top Go down

VW T4 Conversion...
Page 1 of 1