fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tobz

Tobz

Male Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them??? Empty
PostSubject: Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them???   Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them??? EmptyTue May 24 2011, 09:58

Hi all

I'm looking to get my set of ra's refurbed soon but I need to decide where to take them.
My initial thoughts are to use Lepsons as I've seen some ra's done there that were absolutely gorgeous. The only downside is that they are down in Kent so it's a bit of a trek to drop them off and pick up.

Has anybody used wheel genie in huntingdon? If so what is the quality of their work like?
Or are there any other highly regarded wheel refurb places in the area?

Cheers
Toby
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them???   Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them??? EmptyTue May 24 2011, 10:07

They are very good but can be pricey so go see them and get a quote first
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
Tobz

Tobz

PostSubject: Re: Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them???   Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them??? EmptyTue May 24 2011, 11:03

Hey Lee

When you say pricey do you know roughly what they charge for a typical refurb on a set of 4 15's?
There's no kerb damage but I want the full acid dip, bead blast and powder coat process.
If I was to go to Lepsons I'm expecting to pay a minimum of around £250.
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them???   Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them??? EmptyTue May 24 2011, 12:05

I was quoted 50 plus vat each for ronal turbos mate
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
Tobz

Tobz

PostSubject: Re: Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them???   Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them??? EmptyTue May 24 2011, 14:38

Cool, probably about what I was expecting then.
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

Male Number of posts : 3070
Drives : mk2 driver
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them???   Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them??? EmptyTue May 24 2011, 17:04

i can do them fella, drop me a pm if your interested
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them???   Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them??? EmptyTue May 24 2011, 17:37

wheel genie do some seriously good work. I used to work with a bloke who had an s3 and was a perfectionist. He would only ever let wheel genie touch his wheels.
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them???   Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them??? EmptyTue May 24 2011, 18:24

Tiz wrote:
wheel genie do some seriously good work. I used to work with a bloke who had an s3 and was a perfectionist. He would only ever let wheel genie touch his wheels.

he would let me touch his wheels geek
Back to top Go down
Tobz

Tobz

PostSubject: Re: Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them???   Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them??? EmptyWed May 25 2011, 10:13

Cheers for the replies guys, think I'll pop in on saturday for a quote.
Cheers for the offer curtis, do you have all the gear for bead blasting and powder coating though? I'm aiming for an original OEM finish.
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them???   Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them??? EmptyWed May 25 2011, 10:28

get them painted dude! powder coating doesnt last half as long and if it chips your foobared

But yeah joe does a cracking job! and i dare say he would beat whatever price wheel genie come out at and hes got access to all the gear needed
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them???   Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them??? EmptyWed May 25 2011, 14:39

Tobz wrote:
Cheers for the replies guys, think I'll pop in on saturday for a quote.
Cheers for the offer curtis, do you have all the gear for bead blasting and powder coating though? I'm aiming for an original OEM finish.

my blaster is coming to me on the 7th and i can fit a 22inch rim init, if all goes to plan i may get a unit and start a propper buissness and used a very good coaters a few times before. i can have wheels blasted before the 7th else where if you want them soon.
and theres 1000 colours you can choose from so it depends how close you want to get a match fella, the coaters i go to have a really nice silver which has a slight sparkle to it and looks really smart.

Tiz wrote:
get them painted dude! powder coating doesnt last half as long and if it chips your foobared

But yeah joe does a cracking job! and i dare say he would beat whatever price wheel genie come out at and hes got access to all the gear needed

thanks sweetheart, yeh 50 plus vat is easy peasy to beat at the moment Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
golf2golf

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them???   Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them??? EmptySun Oct 02 2011, 22:27

I have used The Wheel Genie a few times did a set of S3 18,s a set of passat 16's and my Monza's i have been totaly impressed every time. They are helpfull do a good job for a fair price, not many places i trust with my motors but WG i have no worries. Totaly reccomend them Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them???   Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Wheel genie in huntingdon, anybody used them???
Page 1 of 1