fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay

Go down 
+60
maf def
djdougalno1
andypandy
Chewymcfee
jimmymidnight
scott
tinks
MoonlightCustoms
jetta88
RS4Paul
hoopster
onlyady
james.
Ian83
nelds
vladimir
mvdevelopments
Cupra20
Wayders
max
Dan34
Lupton_20vt
naturalclone
aztec
billybug
Luke
kill_switch
mk3golfcab
Rixy
Liam B
Whitegt
DrunkenDubber
bridgedubber
Rigamortiz
martinb
tyeness
Volks
LewisG
Ashley
falarakigoody
MarkGTX
curtis_caddy
lance
tsw06
remy313
VW Mike
polo steph
Tiz
Em-Dub
matty_mk1
BigMonty
GemBiza
rallye76
mk1g60phill
mrbeige
greased-up-deaf-guy
Tom
CaddyRage
Ed
ady
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 11 2008, 21:10

Ok, here's some pic's of how i mounted the fuel pump side of things
Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 Caddy073
Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 Caddy074
you'll notice the fuel filter has had some use, that'll be changed when i service the truck after its been running a few hundred miles. As it used to be diesel, i've drained the tank as much as possible then blowed down the lines. I'll be filling her up to the top with petrol so that any diesel in there will be well thinned down Wink
Pos and neg wires go through the wall the same as sender
Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 Caddy071
Now to connect the positive wire to fuse panel, you need a bullet style connector. Now i removed this from a wire loom i did'nt need. you just need to push the side fins in slightly so it pops out the plug.
Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 Caddy070
That bullet connector then goes into position 14 of the Black D plug
Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 Caddy078
I've placed the negative in the multi chassis tap above the fuse panel
Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 Caddy080
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 11 2008, 21:12

Before i dropped the rear back down, thought i'd swap my shocks for the koni's.
Always thought i had beetle shocks already on the back til i removed 1. They was standard jobbies so i ended up sorting some more shims to reduce the 12mm eyelets on the beetle koni's to caddy 10mm. No probs as i had spare pipe from previous caddy's i played with Very Happy
10mm bolt without shim
Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 Caddy075
with
Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 Caddy076
Fitted
Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 Caddy077
I then turned my attention to removing the rear exhaust box as it needs a reducer. Now that was fun getting that out from under the truck with the limited room Evil or Very Mad
Got there in the end anyway then sorted a reducer. markgtx is now gunna take it work to seem weld it. Could do it with my mig but believe it'll break after so much vibration over time.
Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 Caddy081
Just the engine wiring to sort so i can get her running now then its just a case of fitting the rad and all the ancillaries and trim.
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

Male Number of posts : 2138
Drives : LWB T5 and 69 bug - we will see who is fastest on the strip hey Mark ;)
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 12 2008, 07:11

getting close now dude Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightymetamorphicracing.co.uk
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 12 2008, 14:24

Yep
just hope the rest goes smoothly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 16 2008, 21:38

Done a few more bits today
Dremelled out the locating peice on abf dizzy cap so i could rotate it so the leads plugged in at the top therefore giving me clearance from the M/C
Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 Caddy082
Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 Caddy083
also replaced the 16v airbox for an mk1 gti jobbie, trimmed down a little so the bonnet can fasten down.
servo to inlet pipe modified
throttle, speedo and clutch cables now on
igntion coil, ecu and amplifier now in place
radiator fitted.
just the header bottle and wiring loom left.
Will be doing that tommorrow Smile
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 26 2008, 22:58

ISV control unit still had'nt arrived in the post so decided to go collect another from someone else.

got home just before 7pm this evening and attempted to get the girl going Smile

Being rushed off my feet all day, was getting a little stressed til steve(skinhead) turned up and chilled me out.

She would'nt start by herself so we towed her down the road to jump her.

And guess what!!

She only bloody works!! cheers

She's got a few teething problems and needs setting up properly as she did'nt want to tick over, was very lumpy.
adjusted the dizzy timing to make no better.
then decided to pull the throttle switch plug off and hey presto she ticks over. set the idle screw so it sits just below 1k rpm

only just put my tools away and now off in shower, be up in the morning for work at 5am Shocked
Yep i well knackered but has been worth it just to finally drive my truck again Razz
will add some pic's 2moro, 1 of my drivers rear tyre that shredded on the untouched wheelarch lip Very Happy
whoops, just dint wanna stop driving haha

Oh and for all as to how its wired, she running full kr engine loom. Nothing to it lol!
Back to top Go down
Volks

Male Number of posts : 68
Drives : non VAG
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 27 2008, 19:00

GR8 news Lee - you must be very pleased after all
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 27 2008, 19:55

Volks wrote:
GR8 news Lee - you must be very pleased after all

Well pleased rafel, cant wait to be legally driving it at the weekend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 27 2008, 19:58

Few pic's for you all Very Happy

The New heart
Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 Caddy086
Untidy i know :rolleyes:. will clean it up and hide wires in time Razz

Here's 1 of my drivers rear tyre after a test run round the block Shocked
Have'nt rolled or cut the arch lips back yet lol. if you look closely you'll see where the rubber came off in strands and hit the paintwork lol!
Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 Caddy084

Now that all the interior wiring is sorted, i refitted the lower dash parts and centre console. i fitted the carpet and seats over the weekend whilst waiting for the postie(1st isv box still is'nt here). Also sorted the tunes out.
Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 Caddy085
I do have red doorcards aswell but i need to make 2 new speaker pods before i can fit them.

As its been stood a while, i gave it a good wash then claybarred it all down to remove grit and tar.

Booked her in for its MOT this friday along with a tune up to get the timing spot on ready for weekends shows.

Fingers crossed cheers
Back to top Go down
tyeness

tyeness

Male Number of posts : 595
Drives : about once a week
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 28 2008, 12:14

Looks grand dude, good luck with the MOT!
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

Drives : LWB T5 and 69 bug - we will see who is fastest on the strip hey Mark ;)

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 28 2008, 16:27

good luck with the MOT dude Smile

Hope to be seeing her at the pod Smile
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 28 2008, 20:29

Cheers lads, fingers crossed hey!

Just spent ages setting the 5 speed linkage up cause for some reason i could'nt get 1st and 2nd even though it was a 5 speed diesel before scratch

all sorted now, bloody shifts too but defo needs setting up right as it started spluttering under a heavy foot lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
martinb
martinb

Male Number of posts : 1760
Drives : Corrado G60
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 28 2008, 21:09

and there was me thinking i left it late! lol!

good luck with the mot bud Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 28 2008, 21:56

CaddyRage wrote:

Just spent ages setting the 5 speed linkage up cause for some reason i could'nt get 1st and 2nd even though it was a 5 speed diesel before scratch

all sorted now, bloody shifts too but defo needs setting up right as it started spluttering under a heavy foot lol Very Happy

got my timing light if you need to get the timing spot on mate
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 28 2008, 22:12

Tiz wrote:
CaddyRage wrote:

got my timing light if you need to get the timing spot on mate

Thanks for offer tom but frontline down in chatteris are doing the MOT and seemed pretty good when i did the ibiza last tuesday so may aswell let them sort it as he'll be checking emissions too.
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 29 2008, 13:29

Passed MOT cheers

woohoo, running a little better but leaking oil abit now.

Oh well, so long as she gets me to the shows and back, i be happy as i can solve the niggles when i return home.
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 29 2008, 14:02

Glad to hear it passed, Well done chap
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
mk1g60phill

mk1g60phill

Male Number of posts : 2918
Drives : Seat leon fr 20vt & a t4 land barge hippy van.
Registration date : 2008-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 29 2008, 19:12

Well done m8:cheers: Mine is in for mot monday should pass though just needed a bigger master cylinder.
Back to top Go down
http://deborah.ball703@ntlworld.com
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 01 2008, 01:05

Well after constant working on the caddy the past week when i could, i managed to get it sorted for my target time of the past weekends shows.

After doing some final bits on my truck and skinheads on friday, i set off for Action early evening.
Got as far as chatteris before turning round due my tyres still scrubbing even at 40 lol
Stuck on a pair of psluts on the rear just to get me from A to B.

All was going well til i eventually broke down on the A14 coming to rest on the grass verge of the A510 to wellingbororough slip road.

Was no way of sorting it in the dark next to a busy road so made a few calls. Thankfully i was an hour or so ahead of Tiz and Curtis heading for Edition.
Still no luck so realising we had no towing facillities, we Cut tiz's rear seatbelt and towed me to edition.
To say the least it, it really was'nt a good look. Odd wheels, hazards and a seatbelt tow rope is'nt going to catch on and be the lastest scene thing to do IMO lol.
Things got even better when me and gem discovered her folks did'nt put the poles back in the bag for our tent Rolling Eyes
Big thanks to emma and brad for not only lending us a spare tent but helping put it up aswell. Dont think the truck would've been too comfortable!!.

I did manage to find a replacement fuel pump for a tenner on the autojumble as it was the suspected fault. Still did'nt work though so the next day, bought another metering head and tried that. After numerous attempts at checking common faults on k-jets, i gave up and called the RAC before i started breaking more bits lol.

RAC man only checked out all the basic's i already did and resulted on there being crap in the tank from it previously being a diesel.
Flatbed lorry was then ordered.

Over the weekend i did a few bits like polished the chrome front grill and fitted it along with the rear splits as i figured it should atleast look good lol. Also wiped down the previous weeks finger prints, did'nt have time at home to polish her up so was going to do that at the shows.

I did get a few pic's of it in its current look
Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 Caddy090
Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 Caddy091
Trailer queen anyone lol
Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 Caddy087
Recovery Guy loved it and was really good at looking after it too

Just like to say a big thanks to Tiz for getting me to a show and possibly fooking his own engine in the process.
Steve(skinhead raver) for keeping me chilled out
emma for the use of tent

And most of all Gem for putting up with my moody a55!.

Anyway, now the trucks back on my drive after finally getting home at approx 10pm sunday night. i will be stripping the whole fuel system down including the removel of the tank to clean it out of any possible sh1t built up.
Will also be doing my audi/mk2 16v brake upgrade so i can re-use the original valver dizzy cap to get the timing sorted properly so i dont have to rely on dodgy clips holding the abf cap on.
Now that i know the engine itself is all good, i'll also treat it to a service.

Also noticed some peeps dont realise what a brand spankin new tailgate is worth so, to preserve it and also affending peeps heads lol, i'll be robbing the blue trucks tailgate to do a cool daily jobbie.
I have a plan and should be as cool as the NO FEAR eyes tailgate i had a couple of years ago.

Over and out Sleep
Back to top Go down
LewisG

LewisG

Male Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 01 2008, 06:20

glad you got home alright lee-bob.
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 01 2008, 08:43

glad you got home alright dude...hopefully it will be sorted for the meet at the end of the month Smile
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 01 2008, 09:49

yeah i noticed a few people took to leaning on your tailgate and sh1te dude not suprised you put it up, same as joe with his new one haha. No worries on helping you out dude. I know you would have done the same for me. Next years edition at least 3 big out and out show cars in the fendubbers crew we will hit it hard Cool and me and steve will try to keep up the pace in the rave tent lmao awesome weekend.
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 01 2008, 10:16

VW Mike wrote:
glad you got home alright dude...hopefully it will be sorted for the meet at the end of the month Smile

Plans are to sort her for next meet yeah! maybe even Players show.

Rave on Tom drunken
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

Male Number of posts : 3070
Drives : mk2 driver
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 01 2008, 17:11

glad you got home ok dude, did do another tw*t lap of the field after the traffic cleared but couldnt see ya Rolling Eyes i would agree about the tailgate aswel, maybe u should be real scene and not run one and cover your caddy in camo lol!
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 02 2008, 06:54

CaddyRage wrote:
VW Mike wrote:

Plans are to sort her for next meet yeah! maybe even Players show.

Rave on Tom drunken

hmmmm...could be tempted by Players if others are going Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay   Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Caddyrages truck, now smoothing bay
Page 4 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next