fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

racing harnesses without losing use of back seat?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mk1mad

Male Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-01-12

racing harnesses without losing use of back seat? Empty
PostSubject: racing harnesses without losing use of back seat?   racing harnesses without losing use of back seat? EmptySat Mar 12 2011, 07:43

Can I fit racing harnesses to my polo without losing any use of.my back seats anyhelp would be great cheers
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

Male Number of posts : 3070
Drives : mk2 driver
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: racing harnesses without losing use of back seat?   racing harnesses without losing use of back seat? EmptySat Mar 12 2011, 09:32

i doubt it, some people keep the back seat in just so its not stripped out. mainly people put the harness on teh rear strut brase as its a strong mounting point and good angle over your shoulders too, i think people have bolted them under a rear bench seatand have tehm coming through the seat and back rest if that makes sence? you wont be able to sit on teh rear seat unless u want to sit on a seat belting rising between your legs, and you cant bolt a harness behind a drivers seat to the floor as the angle is wrong and if you were to crash it would probaly brake both your shoulders Suspect
Back to top Go down
ra man

ra man

Male Number of posts : 119
Drives : mk2 20v, defender 90, ccm r30, yzf r6
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: racing harnesses without losing use of back seat?   racing harnesses without losing use of back seat? EmptySat Mar 12 2011, 12:11

joe's right you can't do it safely without loosing practical use of your rear seats.
Back to top Go down
mk1mad

PostSubject: Re: racing harnesses without losing use of back seat?   racing harnesses without losing use of back seat? EmptySat Mar 12 2011, 15:10

What is the safe angle for harness straps over your shoulders? It's just I have a 5 door polo and got 1 child and another on the way but would love to run harnesses just wanted to make sure before I bought them cheers guys
Back to top Go down
ra man

ra man

Male Number of posts : 119
Drives : mk2 20v, defender 90, ccm r30, yzf r6
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: racing harnesses without losing use of back seat?   racing harnesses without losing use of back seat? EmptySat Mar 12 2011, 15:39

I would try for as close to shoulder height as possible.
You would want a brace fixed between the rear shock towers at least (not the type that bolts to the top of the shock absorber with one bolt, those are crap and do nothing) or fix to the rear belt points on the c pillar. The lap part of the harness will need fixing to the floor with eye bolts.
I would probably go with fixing to a strut brace in the rear so as to retain all the original seatbelts then the harnesses can be unhooked, rear seats folded back up and the car can be used as normal.
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

Male Number of posts : 2138
Drives : LWB T5 and 69 bug - we will see who is fastest on the strip hey Mark ;)
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: racing harnesses without losing use of back seat?   racing harnesses without losing use of back seat? EmptyMon Mar 14 2011, 14:13

Back to top Go down
http://www.mightymetamorphicracing.co.uk
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: racing harnesses without losing use of back seat?   racing harnesses without losing use of back seat? EmptyMon Mar 14 2011, 15:58

why do you need harness' in your family run around?
Back to top Go down
mk1mad

PostSubject: Re: racing harnesses without losing use of back seat?   racing harnesses without losing use of back seat? EmptyMon Mar 14 2011, 16:25

Because its the only car I have an want to track day it to
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: racing harnesses without losing use of back seat?   racing harnesses without losing use of back seat? Empty

Back to top Go down

racing harnesses without losing use of back seat?
Page 1 of 1