fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

increasing fuel prices!

Go down 
+7
jimmymidnight
billybug
jack
MK1G60
djdougalno1
MarkGTX
dinger-vr6
11 posters
AuthorMessage
dinger-vr6

dinger-vr6

Male Number of posts : 53
Drives : audi a3 1.8t
Registration date : 2008-01-23

increasing fuel prices! Empty
PostSubject: increasing fuel prices!   increasing fuel prices! EmptySun Jan 30 2011, 10:09

<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 1.5pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; PADDING-LEFT: 4pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0cm; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 3.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0cm">

Please see what you think and pass it on if you agree with it.

We are hitting £
129.9 a litre in some areas now and soon we will be faced with paying £1.50 per litre. So Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign' that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work..

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take
aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS - not sellers control the market place. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one) i.e. ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If all of you send i
t to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)....and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on. By the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it.....

THREE HUNDRED MILLION
PEOPLE!!!

Again, all YOU have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all (and not buy at ESSO/BP). How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell,Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Jet etc. i.e. Boycott BP and Esso

</BLOCKQUOTE>
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: increasing fuel prices!   increasing fuel prices! EmptySun Jan 30 2011, 11:45

This same idea has been bouncing around for years, it hasn't worked yet and it won't work this time. It's not the cost of petrol that is the problem, it's the ridiculous amount of tax the government put on top that is causing the issues. But then there has been government petitions and they haven't worked. I think the only way to solve this problem is to overthrow the dictatorship we all live under
Back to top Go down
djdougalno1

djdougalno1

Male Number of posts : 376
Drives : T4 tdi, a3 Quattro turbo and Yamaha r6
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: increasing fuel prices!   increasing fuel prices! EmptySun Jan 30 2011, 14:00

MarkGTX wrote:
This same idea has been bouncing around for years, it hasn't worked yet and it won't work this time. It's not the cost of petrol that is the problem, it's the ridiculous amount of tax the government put on top that is causing the issues. But then there has been government petitions and they haven't worked. I think the only way to solve this problem is to overthrow the dictatorship we all live under

Sounds like a riot is needed I'm in Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MK1G60
Admin
MK1G60

Male Number of posts : 1015
Drives : MK1 ABF Bike Carbd, MK1 G60/20vt Project, MK1 Caddy 1.6D
Registration date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: increasing fuel prices!   increasing fuel prices! EmptySun Jan 30 2011, 14:48

Did someone say riot? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
jack

jack

Male Number of posts : 859
Drives : golf 4 20vt
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: increasing fuel prices!   increasing fuel prices! EmptySun Jan 30 2011, 16:38

Thumbs up Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
djdougalno1

djdougalno1

Male Number of posts : 376
Drives : T4 tdi, a3 Quattro turbo and Yamaha r6
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: increasing fuel prices!   increasing fuel prices! EmptySun Jan 30 2011, 16:56

MK1G60 wrote:
Did someone say riot? Twisted Evil

Hell yeah but obviously there will be no throwing of petrol bombs well no esso or bp petrol bombs anyway Cry
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: increasing fuel prices!   increasing fuel prices! EmptySun Jan 30 2011, 17:54

no need for me to riot im paying about 72p a liter Smile
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

Male Number of posts : 1998
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: increasing fuel prices!   increasing fuel prices! EmptyMon Jan 31 2011, 14:52

ahh, the age old petrol price argument - unfortunately it's not going to get better, so if you don't like it, buy a bike.
Back to top Go down
guy
guy

Male Number of posts : 1689
Drives : MK 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, T5
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: increasing fuel prices!   increasing fuel prices! EmptyMon Jan 31 2011, 15:53

I wish there was a way to get them to stop taxing us so savagely.
It's not the fuel companies its the government.
If you pay £1.32 for a litre then 90p IS TAX

If you dont buy fuel on Tuesdays then you still have to use the fuel on tuesdays so will have to buy it another day so they still get their money.

I shouldn't complain as my fuel bill is probably as much as you earn if not more every week.

They have you/us by the short and hairies.
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: increasing fuel prices!   increasing fuel prices! EmptyMon Jan 31 2011, 16:14

I reckon Tesco's are secretly behind this "Don't buy fuel from BP/Esso".
They probably started the idea. Cheeky barstewards.

I try to use Shell as much as possible.
I always find their stations usually cheaper, and apparently the Optimax stuff has an extremely low sulphur content.
Plus the brand spanking new one in Cambridge is all nice and shiny and white!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
whittle

whittle

Male Number of posts : 1882
Drives : along the pavement
Registration date : 2009-09-11

PostSubject: Re: increasing fuel prices!   increasing fuel prices! EmptyMon Jan 31 2011, 16:27

Stampers wrote:
apparently the Optimax stuff has an extremely low sulphur content.!

But thats even more expensive!

I read in the paper, they recon fuel is going to be around £1.50 by the end of the year Shocked
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

Male Number of posts : 1998
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: increasing fuel prices!   increasing fuel prices! EmptyMon Jan 31 2011, 16:33

whittle wrote:
Stampers wrote:
apparently the Optimax stuff has an extremely low sulphur content.!

But thats even more expensive!

I read in the paper, they recon fuel is going to be around £1.50 by the end of the year Shocked

I read in the paper that no one cares about what you read in the paper...
Back to top Go down
guy
guy

Male Number of posts : 1689
Drives : MK 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, T5
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: increasing fuel prices!   increasing fuel prices! EmptyWed Feb 02 2011, 11:56

jimmymidnight wrote:

I read in the paper that no one cares about what you read in the paper...

HA HA HA HA
Back to top Go down
Doobie

Male Number of posts : 178
Drives : Passat V6 syncro tip
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: increasing fuel prices!   increasing fuel prices! EmptyWed Feb 02 2011, 19:55

we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS - not sellers control the market place.

This only works if its not something you NEED...... like car air fresheners....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: increasing fuel prices!   increasing fuel prices! Empty

Back to top Go down

increasing fuel prices!
Page 1 of 1