fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!!

Go down 
+7
Ian83
matty_mk1
Henry
Q86ARR
Tom
bridgedubber
Z-Dubber
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Z-Dubber

Z-Dubber

Female Number of posts : 80
Drives : Silver Polo GTI
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!!   Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09 2009, 19:32

Thanks Very Happy
Yeah hopefully will look sweet when i actually get them!

im having a few problems with it i need to plug it into a computer to see whats actually wrong with it..
Back to top Go down
Tom

Tom

Male Number of posts : 314
Drives : MK4 Ibiza PD130
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!!   Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10 2009, 14:57

Be sure to look after your gearbox too i always read about them breaking on clubpolo. Car looks clean though theres a diy split rim refurb guide here ma be useful for you if your skint!

http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13624
Back to top Go down
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!!   Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10 2009, 15:45

Z-Dubber wrote:
Thanks Very Happy

im having a few problems with it i need to plug it into a computer to see whats actually wrong with it..

i got access to a 5051 which is the VW diagnostic computer if thats any help
Back to top Go down
Q86ARR

Q86ARR

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!!   Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10 2009, 21:21

Ian83 wrote:
Z-Dubber wrote:
Thanks Very Happy

How do you have access to a 5051?
Back to top Go down
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!!   Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11 2009, 17:02

Q86ARR wrote:
Ian83 wrote:
Z-Dubber wrote:
Thanks Very Happy

How do you have access to a 5051?

Cos i work for Vindis Skoda in Cambridge.
Back to top Go down
Whitegt

Whitegt

Male Number of posts : 988
Drives : mk3 gti......................8v :(

PostSubject: Re: Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!!   Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11 2009, 17:44

very nice, i never used to like polo's untill my gawjus lady (polosteph) got a black 3 door gti, lovely little motors!
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

Female Number of posts : 1445
Drives : black 6n polo and 6n2 GTI
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!!   Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12 2009, 13:33

Whitegt wrote:
very nice, i never used to like polo's untill my gawjus lady (polosteph) got a black 3 door gti, lovely little motors!

lol u only like the noise wen i do over 4k revs lol and the power steering

wats up with ur gti? i had few issues with mine wen i got it, mayb i cud help? if not the guys at mill hill garage in march r good! or adam sutton.
Back to top Go down
Whitegt

Whitegt

Male Number of posts : 988
Drives : mk3 gti......................8v :(

PostSubject: Re: Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!!   Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12 2009, 18:26

polo steph wrote:
Whitegt wrote:

lol u only like the noise wen i do over 4k revs lol and the power steering

wats up with ur gti? i had few issues with mine wen i got it, mayb i cud help? if not the guys at mill hill garage in march r good! or adam sutton.

yer! mainly the powersteering, its so easy to park!
Back to top Go down
Z-Dubber

Z-Dubber

PostSubject: Re: Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!!   Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13 2009, 06:30

Thanks for comments Very Happy

Well i defintely need to sort it out but i was hoping to find someone to do it nearer where i live .. but thanks for the offer!!

Im really happy with it and i like the fact there arent many round this area, (polo steph i havent seen urs around march!) The power steering is awesome and so different to drive compared to my 1 litre!

Well... theres nothing major but its just not right, i keep getting the abs light coming and going, and the boot light is now up which i dont get. i think i also have a slow puncher on the rear tire and the break light in the spoiler has gone Mad

What problems did u have??
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

PostSubject: Re: Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!!   Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14 2009, 15:52

yeah i liked that there arent many here too, there are quite a few mk4 polo's about now!
ive only just started using mine more as had probs with it but now i love it n as my lil polo isnt lookin too good i prefer to drive it.

i had quite a few probs, to start with it ran like crap after a week of having it home, wouldnt go over 40 n kangarood badly, turned out to be a temp coolant sensor i think?? n needed new plugs n some love.
then driveshaft popped while lowering it n then agen so got rescued by AA mark lol, then was very bouncy due to way too much neg camber.

my abs light kept coming on n off, just clean the sensor mite sort it, mine sorted its self.

as for ya boot light cud just b its not pushin the switch all the way down wen the boot is shut, try club polo they mite help ya out if u get stuck.
Back to top Go down
Z-Dubber

Z-Dubber

PostSubject: Re: Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!!   Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18 2009, 10:51

Yeah i dont think iv really seen anymore this end.. so have u still got ur other polo?

Blimey sounds like u have had a few problems with urs aswel! iv been having a look on club polo and quite alot of people are havin the same problems as me so it must be a common thing.....

Thanks for the tip im gonna try cleaning the sensor first and if its still coming up then il take it somewhere. I had the break light from the spoiler go and i spoke to vw and they wanted £150 quid for a new spoiler but luckily someone was breaking a gti, so sold me the light i needed.

How low did u go with urs???
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

PostSubject: Re: Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!!   Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18 2009, 19:39

yeah ive still got my mk4 polo, lookin a bit poorly at the mo after being reversed into twice in 3months, looks like i will have to fix it as my insurance co. were useless to say the least.

i think the probs i had were bad luck n becoz the old owner didnt care to much about it as he had a bmw to drive. think my head gasket mite be going as well as it keeps gettin hot but it i put the heater on full hot it cools down.

how come u cudnt get a new bulb for the spoiler? is it coz they r led? i duno if mine works tbh lol. parts from vw can b a bit steap i usually try ebay or the forums 1st.

not sure how low it is but prob only 50mm at a guess, park near me at the meet n u can c lol. will u be going to the meet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!!   Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mk 4 Polo 1.0l - NEW POLO GTI!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2