fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

German Plates and the Police!!

Go down 
+11
Whitegt
bridgedubber
mk1rolf
GemBiza
waz1176
caddyman
Q86ARR
martinb
spanner_allan
CaddyRage
polo steph
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
polo steph

polo steph

Female Number of posts : 1445
Drives : black 6n polo and 6n2 GTI
Registration date : 2008-01-21

German Plates and the Police!! Empty
PostSubject: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptySun Feb 03 2008, 22:11

hi all, have noticed on a lot of ur piks that u all ride around with german plates on, i did till i got pulled and fined £30 and then sent a nasty letter from DVLA stating that if i was seen with them on agen i could b fined up2 £1000 and they had the right to withdraw my registration! so wondered if any1 else had met a nice police man like i did!
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptySun Feb 03 2008, 23:38

Not had any trouble from the police yet(touch wood). Had them on numerous dubs and currently on all 3 that are sat on my drive lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
spanner_allan

spanner_allan

Male Number of posts : 266
Drives : mk1 golf driver
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyMon Feb 04 2008, 10:37

had them on a black mk4 polo for bout 5 months not a word. i think if you have the german stickers etc they dont no the difference.
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyMon Feb 04 2008, 12:29

i have the german D on them, he sed u cant have that n the letters are too thin n they have to b made from plastic! i think he was just being a jobs worth!! he sed his camera on his car cudnt read em but he didnt ask if i had insurance etc, i think it was a lie! also didnt help as i had my front windows tinited think thats y he pulled me, had to remove those too, sed he can do me for dangerous driving! honestly!
Back to top Go down
martinb
martinb

Male Number of posts : 1760
Drives : Corrado G60
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyMon Feb 04 2008, 12:42

yeah i have been told off for my plates once (ran them on my old mk2 for 3years and the Rado for about 1 1/2 years now) although he didnt fine me as i was on private land - Maccy D's drive through! Laughing . I got the same lecture about the camera's not being able to read them and how if my car was stolen their cameras would not pick it up as a stolen vehicle.
He was alright though and had a laugh but said if he saw me again he would fine me and that my car hardly blends in! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Q86ARR

Q86ARR

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyThu Feb 07 2008, 20:01

I've not had any problems with mine, as yet. Depends if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time I suppose!
Back to top Go down
caddyman

caddyman

Number of posts : 1127
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyThu Feb 07 2008, 22:24

think it depends on the county u live in aswell had sum on my mk1 ages ago in cambs no trouble and me gf had them on her bolf in herts got pulled for them Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyFri Feb 08 2008, 16:19

yeah i think ya rite caddyman, i had em on for ages n only got ask by 1 policeman on a routine check how long my car had been in the country, even tho i was on the right hand side? and that i had to take it to get registered in uk. i was stopped in peterborough he followed me to work n then ask me if it was my vehicle, i think he was having a bad day!
Back to top Go down
waz1176

waz1176

Male Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyFri Feb 08 2008, 19:09

never had any problems over here. for the last 3 years.
but been to the nurbergring a few times.and the german police hate them
Back to top Go down
http://www.lmcaraudio.co.uk/
GemBiza

GemBiza

Female Number of posts : 160
Drives : Ibiza TDI sport 130PD
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyTue Feb 12 2008, 10:36

I've never had any trouble with mine - all though my mum n dad now want some for their polo and porsche, think i'll tell them to play it safe and just go for the pressed plates - no 'D' or - on them
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyTue Feb 12 2008, 17:31

im gutted i love my german plates! they r perfectally readable just my 0 has a bit cut out but not like it looks like a 6! i think u can have the D coz ur allowed a EU or UK n germany it is in the EU, i dnt c the prob! sum of the plates ive seen r well bad n unreadable!
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyTue Feb 12 2008, 17:58

Your not supposed to have the D steph, camera's such as those that do the Congestion charge in London cant register the plate reg.

Pressed plates are stated as show use only so whoever has them, runs them at there own risk.

Just run ya standard plates for a few weeks steph then swap back come meets and shows time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
polo steph

polo steph

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyTue Feb 12 2008, 18:02

i dnt go london! lol i dnt the prob its a sticker! i no they only show use, i darent run em on road i cud get fined £1000 or they take my reg of me?!!
but i change them wen i get there!
Back to top Go down
mk1rolf

mk1rolf

Male Number of posts : 877
Drives : 76 bus..superfly Tdi

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyTue Feb 12 2008, 18:18

I've been running the unbanded ones on three different cars and never had any problems ,the cabs had them for four years, even had the police do a random spot check ,went all over the car and it was fine... he even asked where he could get them for his motor......
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyMon Feb 18 2008, 16:36

ive spoken to police (when theyve come to spy on the cruisers) bout german plates and they said to me that it really depends on whether they can be bothered to stop you for such a thing but they said some definately wont mind charging you for the pleasure of owning some.

although 1 particular copper even knew bout the tradition of german plates and euro syle, so he was alright even in my books!
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyMon Feb 18 2008, 17:01

i must b the unlucky 1 but i feel like i have been picked on tho as no1 else i no has been pulled n fined!
Back to top Go down
Whitegt

Whitegt

Male Number of posts : 988
Drives : mk3 gti......................8v :(

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyWed Feb 20 2008, 11:12

i got pulled on the way back from eds, but for my seatbelt, the copper didnt say sh1te about the plates!Razz
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyWed Feb 20 2008, 13:05

rub it in a bit more u pie face! :monkey:
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

Male Number of posts : 3070
Drives : mk2 driver
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyWed Feb 20 2008, 21:49

is there a pressed plate you can use which is legal?
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyThu Feb 21 2008, 22:22

ok heres wat the letter sed bout ya Q curtis,

all cars made after 1.1.1973 have to have plates made of reflex-reflecting material.
the pressed plates reflect! but policeman sed i cudnt have pressed 1ns

but cars made after 1.9.2001 have to have certain letter height,width etc and plates fitted b4 1.9.2001 must conform to another set of measurments all a load of poo!

but seems im the only 1 to b told off so get sum made n slap em on!
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

Male Number of posts : 3070
Drives : mk2 driver
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyFri Feb 22 2008, 10:26

cheers Laughing
Back to top Go down
Henry

Henry

Male Number of posts : 218
Drives : Polo G40, Audi S4, Mk2 Golf GTI, Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyFri Feb 22 2008, 11:02

A got a bit of a bollocking for running German plates a couple of times, and other times they didn't even mention it. I was running black plates on the Polo or a bit and the police *Really* didn't like those, although I still didn't get a fine. Must just be luck of the draw!

German Plates and the Police!! Member2
Back to top Go down
pinky

pinky

Male Number of posts : 344
Drives : Polo G40 Coupe

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptySat Feb 23 2008, 20:51

The black plates suited it down to the ground
Back to top Go down
Whitegt

Whitegt

Male Number of posts : 988
Drives : mk3 gti......................8v :(

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyThu Feb 28 2008, 15:29

got pulled for my plates today.....GAY. another 30 quid which i dont have, i hate my car at the moment, its depressing me. so yer beware they are cracking down.
Back to top Go down
shaunnorris7

shaunnorris7

Male Number of posts : 90
Drives : Vento VR6
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! EmptyMon Mar 03 2008, 13:26

I was driving home from my mates house in murrow saturday nite and before I knew it I had a cop car right up my arse with its headlights near blinding me. Obviously i kept within the speed limits and knew that the only thing they could do me for is my plates but luckily enough, when i turned off down long gravel they kept on going. GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: German Plates and the Police!!   German Plates and the Police!! Empty

Back to top Go down

German Plates and the Police!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next