fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mk2 golf driver 1990 1.6

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MrD

MrD

Male Number of posts : 152
Drives : Vauxhall Vivaro 2 ltr tdci work van/ Scirocco gtx 1.8 dx ,kent cam,6 point cage,vernier,k+n,soon to be 9a powered
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Mk2 golf driver 1990 1.6 Empty
PostSubject: Mk2 golf driver 1990 1.6   Mk2 golf driver 1990 1.6 EmptyMon Jun 07 2010, 16:39

Right i am just about sick of the wife`s car,had a nightmare Sat,when i decided i would change the o ring on the head water outlet flange.What was supposed to be a 10 min job,turned into most of the day,as i snapped off a stud flush with the head.Was a pig to get it out,tried drilling into it ,but the drill just kept bouncing off,tried putting one bolt in the flange and using it as a guide to drill,still no joy,got a sender wire caught in the drill,which ripped it off the sender,and also pulled another wire off the carb Mk2 golf driver 1990 1.6 Icon_evil.
Managed to get it out in the end by slowly taping it round with a screw driver,was doing this out the front of my house in the road as such,as we are having a new roof put on,no room round the back.scaffolding up the front of my house.Family`s and mums with prams giving me filthy looks.Use the other flipping path you numpty`s !!!

The flange i took off was split in 2 places,and has been leaking for months,the drive shaft behind this is missing it`s boot,so it`s had months of water dripping onto it,and has washed the grease off,it`s now started to rumble,i guess that is what it is,as i am only going on what i have been told.(My wife does a hell of a lot of miles about 11 thousand since she bought it in Dec) so she is getting pretty good at spotting stuff...

Turns out the spare flange i put on also had a hairline crack,so i got a call at 7am this morning after it overheated at Swavesey,she was on the way to Chelmsford .Said rad weld it after it`s cooled for a bit,did the trick,got new one on order...
Does that sound right,it will more than likely be a drive shaft or cv joint ?
Back to top Go down

Mk2 golf driver 1990 1.6
Page 1 of 1