fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any suggestions on coilover fitting!?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
All_Torque

Male Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Any suggestions on coilover fitting!? Empty
PostSubject: Any suggestions on coilover fitting!?   Any suggestions on coilover fitting!? EmptyMon May 31 2010, 15:53

I have some AP coilovers been sitting here for a month or two now and now i'm almost finished with this years mods, figured i best get them fitted.

Now i've asked a few mechanically minded mates here, one of which is too busy the other wouldnt wanna take it on without 'heat' as a certain bolt sometimes becomes seized.

I've also asked a few workshops in thefthood and no joy either too busy or too hard for them Any suggestions on coilover fitting!? Icon_rolleyes

So any help on finding someone to do the job would be greatly appreciated Any suggestions on coilover fitting!? 51732
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on coilover fitting!?   Any suggestions on coilover fitting!? EmptyMon May 31 2010, 16:23

yeah id never touch your audi Any suggestions on coilover fitting!? Icon_lol i had to remove the said bolt off my dads audi it took days of heating, beating and swearing to come out.

Ring up audi see how they do it?
Back to top Go down
james.

james.

Male Number of posts : 719
Drives : bmw 740
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on coilover fitting!?   Any suggestions on coilover fitting!? EmptyMon May 31 2010, 17:28

Guessing this is the top bolt that holds the two upper suspension arm ball joints in..

Sometimes they do come undone easy but sometimes are seized solid. I'd say the best bet is to get a couple of spare bolts before attempting it. If it does ring off it always comes out in the end. Have rung off quite a few of these but they have always knocked out with a punch. Not the end of the world if it snaps.

Also having spare bolts before starting will tend to reduce the chances of the origional ones being seized Any suggestions on coilover fitting!? Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
bravo211

bravo211

Number of posts : 1168
Drives : mk3 golf
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on coilover fitting!?   Any suggestions on coilover fitting!? EmptyMon May 31 2010, 19:02

Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on coilover fitting!?   Any suggestions on coilover fitting!? EmptyTue Jun 01 2010, 08:17

if it is the pinch bolts, get some new ones. if they are seized just cut them off. shouldnt really be much of a job at all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on coilover fitting!?   Any suggestions on coilover fitting!? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any suggestions on coilover fitting!?
Page 1 of 1