fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I hate computers oops broke it.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
guy
guy

Male Number of posts : 1689
Drives : MK 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, T5
Registration date : 2009-09-15

I hate computers oops broke it. Empty
PostSubject: I hate computers oops broke it.   I hate computers oops broke it. EmptySun May 23 2010, 17:47

I fecking hate computers and see them as the devils spawn incarnate.

There I was just burning some rolling stones to listen to while I had dinner and the screen flickered for the millionth time.

so I tapped the side like I always do and the burner stopped,
then it started making whirring noises, then it froze.

I don't expect chucking it across the garden into the stream of water from the hose helped it much.

It now doesn't start at all.

In an even fouler mood than when I started.

F'ing computers.
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: I hate computers oops broke it.   I hate computers oops broke it. EmptyMon May 24 2010, 08:35

sounds like your hard drive's gone mate. Unfortunately replacing it means you'll of lost everything on there (unless you have backed it up).
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: I hate computers oops broke it.   I hate computers oops broke it. EmptyMon May 24 2010, 09:15

max wrote:
sounds like your hard drive's gone mate. Unfortunately replacing it means you'll of lost everything on there (unless you have backed it up).
Not true.
The hard-drive may have corrupted so that windows will not be able to boot up, but does not mean that this is the end. You can still boot the corrupted files that windows needs from a mem stick when Windows starts.
Even if the hard drive is indeed dead (not spinning), the data can still be restored.

guy wrote:
I fecking hate computers and see them as the devils spawn incarnate.

There I was just burning some rolling stones to listen to while I had dinner and the screen flickered for the millionth time.

so I tapped the side like I always do and the burner stopped,
then it started making whirring noises, then it froze.

I don't expect chucking it across the garden into the stream of water from the hose helped it much.

It now doesn't start at all.

In an even fouler mood than when I started.

F'ing computers.
Sorry I haven't gotten in touch Guy.
I found a way that may be possible to get the info off your old laptop that screwed up (I think it was your laptop). It requires a bit of jiggery pokery but shouldnt be too difficult. If I cant get over to yours any time soon, I'll give the stuff needed to Jay, with a step-by-step instruction list for you to follow so that you can sort it out yourself.

Whichever machine that you happened to throw across the garden is, the process might work for that one too. However, water + hard PC slamming may have knackered it beyond repair.

Next time Jay goes over to yours, I'll pop along with him If I can and sort your PC out while he asks you to repair something else on his car that he's broken... I hate computers oops broke it. Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate computers oops broke it.   I hate computers oops broke it. Empty

Back to top Go down

I hate computers oops broke it.
Page 1 of 1