fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

let me give u some advice lol

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chubby353

chubby353

Male Number of posts : 879
Drives : black bmw e36 on splits
Registration date : 2009-08-27

let me give u some advice lol Empty
PostSubject: let me give u some advice lol   let me give u some advice lol EmptyFri May 21 2010, 20:31

never break down if u aint got breakdown cover lol
was on the way home from bournemouth today about an hour into my trip the car suddenly went swervy and i nearly hit the barrier lucky not as i had my 3 year old boy with me controled it well so got it into hard shoulder and thought mmm why is my wheel on the wonk smoke was coming from the break area on the rear so thought arghh wheel bearing
so got on the emergency phone and called them they gave me the number for rac gave them a call and as i werent a memeber had to pay £136 to join and get someone out and then another £150 to get me home
so rac man come out after sitting in hard shoulder for hour and half and took a look he said if he calls a truck they gotta get someone else to do it as its lowered and then im thinking mmmmmm this is gonna cost over 300 quid :O so he takes of the wheel and the bearing is propper shagged and he was like mmmm then said wait there went of and come back so he said he will go and get a wheel bearing from me and he took my boy and m gf to the local park garage thingy and left me there.
about 45 min later he returnes with new bearing and all in my rear brake fits it then say follow him and took me to me gf and my boy i was like thanks very much as he went the extra mile to fix my car and the bearing cost 18quid so all in all its cost me around the 100 quid mark as they didnt charge me for the recovery
then it took bout 9 hours to get from bournemouth to cambs im knakered now so feet up and relaxing lol

let me give u some advice lol 21052010108

let me give u some advice lol 21052010109
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: let me give u some advice lol   let me give u some advice lol EmptySat May 22 2010, 00:26

how comes you would have been charged for recovery if you had just become a member? i was always towed home free :S
Back to top Go down
chubby353

chubby353

PostSubject: Re: let me give u some advice lol   let me give u some advice lol EmptySat May 22 2010, 16:09

yeah coz i had broke down they were gonna tow me 50 miles for free stupid but in the end it has cost me 136 to sign up and 18 quid for the bearing so expencive lesson me thinks :S
Back to top Go down
thekman

thekman

Male Number of posts : 141
Drives : Polo 6N 1.6 GLX
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: let me give u some advice lol   let me give u some advice lol EmptySat May 22 2010, 16:24

one of my rear wheel bearings been making a pretty bad noise for a while now, i drove down from royston to swansea with it and was planning on driving back home with it, but i think i might change it first after hearing this story
cheers for the advice lol
Back to top Go down
chubby353

chubby353

PostSubject: Re: let me give u some advice lol   let me give u some advice lol EmptySat May 22 2010, 16:34

yes mate i defo would

it went and i nearly crashed and everything its only 18 odd quid its well worth it trust Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cupcake

Cupcake

Female Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: let me give u some advice lol   let me give u some advice lol EmptyWed May 26 2010, 09:32

All you need is a mate like me in the car, my RAC cover covers ANY vehicle I'm travelling in even if I'm not the driver!
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: let me give u some advice lol   let me give u some advice lol EmptyWed May 26 2010, 12:01

You have a 3 year old kid? Shocked
Back to top Go down
chubby353

chubby353

PostSubject: Re: let me give u some advice lol   let me give u some advice lol EmptyFri May 28 2010, 11:42

max wrote:
You have a 3 year old kid? let me give u some advice lol Icon_eek

yes max didnt u no lol hes actually 3 and a half Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: let me give u some advice lol   let me give u some advice lol Empty

Back to top Go down

let me give u some advice lol
Page 1 of 1