fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Window tinting - how much trouble...

Go down 
+5
Lupton_20vt
nelds
polo steph
matty_mk1
jimmymidnight
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

Male Number of posts : 1998
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Window tinting - how much trouble... Empty
PostSubject: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... EmptyTue Oct 27 2009, 13:05

... would i be in if i had my whole car minus the windscreen blacked out? or could i get away with a lighter tint on the front windows?
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... EmptyTue Oct 27 2009, 13:08

Companies now shoudl be able to fade it so theres not as much of a visible difference between front and rear windows m8
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

PostSubject: Re: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... EmptyTue Oct 27 2009, 13:10

sweet dude, cheers, got a dude coming to my office when i get the car back to add to the coke dealer look.
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... EmptyTue Oct 27 2009, 13:12

Awesome, get them healights tinted and a black grille too Window tinting - how much trouble... 680462
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

PostSubject: Re: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... EmptyTue Oct 27 2009, 13:15

im on it mate, as soon as that car hits my drive it's back to business. afro
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... EmptyTue Oct 27 2009, 13:28

Ill letme sister knwo your not a drug dealer, so she wont keep pulling you over around ely Window tinting - how much trouble... 651561
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

PostSubject: Re: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... EmptyTue Oct 27 2009, 13:40

haha, cheers mate, hopefully it sholdn't draw as much attention as the s class does when i get out of it.
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

Female Number of posts : 1445
Drives : black 6n polo and 6n2 GTI
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... EmptyTue Oct 27 2009, 21:45

if i was u i wudnt bother tiniting the fornt 2 windows, i got a telling off for it Mad
Back to top Go down
nelds

nelds

Male Number of posts : 1816
Drives : 2.5TDI T4 LWB
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... EmptyTue Oct 27 2009, 21:58

they look wierd if you dont tint the fronts tho, should be ok as long as you go for light smoked or similar
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... EmptyTue Oct 27 2009, 22:33

or james just go for a light smoke all round? would look oem+ and not mis matched Window tinting - how much trouble... 51732
Back to top Go down
whatalotafun

whatalotafun

Male Number of posts : 1656
Drives : fiesta zetec, eunos roadster, 1970 bug, honda vt 250
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... EmptyTue Oct 27 2009, 22:37

www.markswindowtinting.co.uk

links don't work, but he knows his stuff
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

PostSubject: Re: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... EmptyWed Oct 28 2009, 08:54

polo steph wrote:
if i was u i wudnt bother tiniting the fornt 2 windows, i got a telling off for it Mad

nothing my handsome face and a roll of £50 notes can't fix haha

whatalotafun wrote:
www.markswindowtinting.co.uk

links don't work, but he knows his stuff

thats the guy im using actually!
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

PostSubject: Re: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... EmptyWed Oct 28 2009, 09:36

would front tints effect an MOT? do they check for that shiz?
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... EmptyWed Oct 28 2009, 10:09

any window tinting is illegal on the front windows now because if you role it it will keep your windows together instead of allowing them to break.

Window tinting - how much trouble... Icon_study
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

PostSubject: Re: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... EmptyWed Oct 28 2009, 10:24

stinger... i'll have a chat with the tint man when i get my car back, go on from there then.

cheers.
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... EmptyWed Oct 28 2009, 11:36

from the factory most front windows are right on the tint limit anyway, police carry the shiz to check the opacity and land you a fine Window tinting - how much trouble... 51732
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

PostSubject: Re: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... EmptyWed Oct 28 2009, 11:49

massive downer... cheers dude.
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

Female Number of posts : 1445
Drives : black 6n polo and 6n2 GTI
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... EmptyWed Oct 28 2009, 17:59

max wrote:
any window tinting is illegal on the front windows now because if you role it it will keep your windows together instead of allowing them to break.

not so sure thats true tbh, u cant smash the tint inwards thats y its used for theft reasons but it shud smash out so u can escape ur car.

its illegal coz it limits ur vision and a biker was killed due to sum idiot having such a heavy tint.

they will make u rip it off at the road side or have a fine and possibly points for dangerous driving. the legal limit is to have 80% of light going through the windows, mine was 18% wen tested by mr policeman, ooopsey
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

PostSubject: Re: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... EmptyWed Oct 28 2009, 21:10

polo steph wrote:
max wrote:

not so sure thats true tbh, u cant smash the tint inwards thats y its used for theft reasons but it shud smash out so u can escape ur car.

its illegal coz it limits ur vision and a biker was killed due to sum idiot having such a heavy tint.

they will make u rip it off at the road side or have a fine and possibly points for dangerous driving. the legal limit is to have 80% of light going through the windows, mine was 18% wen tested by mr policeman, ooopsey

thanks steph! i thought it was something like that!

im sure i'll sort something out and can keep my drug lord image alive at work! afro
Back to top Go down
guy
guy

Male Number of posts : 1689
Drives : MK 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, T5
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... EmptyWed Oct 28 2009, 21:50

max wrote:

Sorry mate I think thats rubbish, that would make clear window safety film illegal too which would render every traffic car in the country illegal including all the armed response vehicles as they are all fitted with clear window saftey film on the glass.

This link gives you the legal limits which is 30% or 70% depending on which way round you read it.

http://www.ukwindowtints.co.uk/Law.htm

I hth.
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... EmptyThu Oct 29 2009, 10:10

guy wrote:
max wrote:

Sorry mate I think thats rubbish, that would make clear window safety film illegal too which would render every traffic car in the country illegal including all the armed response vehicles as they are all fitted with clear window saftey film on the glass.

This link gives you the legal limits which is 30% or 70% depending on which way round you read it.

http://www.ukwindowtints.co.uk/Law.htm

I hth.

its what a copper told me when we were chatting about cars. id rather avoid the hassle to be honest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Window tinting - how much trouble...   Window tinting - how much trouble... Empty

Back to top Go down

Window tinting - how much trouble...
Page 1 of 1