fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Milltek exhausts

Go down 
+7
hasekna
Ian83
Cupra20
mk3golfcab
Lupton_20vt
guy
james.
11 posters
AuthorMessage
james.

james.

Male Number of posts : 719
Drives : bmw 740
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Milltek exhausts Empty
PostSubject: Milltek exhausts   Milltek exhausts EmptyMon Oct 26 2009, 19:37

Anybody recomend milltek? Quite tempted by a cat back system at the moment..

They seem expensive to me but if they are as good as they try to make out they are then i guess worth it. A cat back system for the audi is a little over 500 notes for a non resonated and add on about 50 ish quid for a resonated. Obviously the cheaper non resonated is favourite or is resonated better? I know its quieter resonated but not sure if thats the only difference.
Back to top Go down
guy
guy

Male Number of posts : 1689
Drives : MK 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, T5
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Milltek exhausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milltek exhausts   Milltek exhausts EmptyMon Oct 26 2009, 19:42

I got a full miltek on my highline and with the magnex catbypass resonator it sounds fecking gorgeous.
It fitted first time, the build quality is second to none. If you fit it yourself then make sure you have new clamps (stainless) and if you have to cut it use a thin disc as it will destory thick ones in no time.

Yes is the short answer.
Back to top Go down
james.

james.

Milltek exhausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milltek exhausts   Milltek exhausts EmptyMon Oct 26 2009, 19:50

Yeah will be fitting it myself so will look into stainless clamps.

Hope i wont have to be cutting it about though Milltek exhausts Icon_eek less than ideal on a 500 pound exhaust
Back to top Go down
guy
guy

Male Number of posts : 1689
Drives : MK 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, T5
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Milltek exhausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milltek exhausts   Milltek exhausts EmptyMon Oct 26 2009, 20:00

I had to cut about two inches off of the centre pipe as mine was meant to fit a jetta/vento too.

It was a first time fit too.

Worth every single penny in my opinion. I paid £375 plus the bypass at £100 about 5 years ago.
Nice noise, not too loud but enough rip in it when you hit the loud pedal.
Back to top Go down
james.

james.

Milltek exhausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milltek exhausts   Milltek exhausts EmptyMon Oct 26 2009, 20:14

Oh right yeah ive seen a few vids on youtube of millteks on various cars and they all seem to sound quite nice.

Will have to try a bit of money saving Milltek exhausts 298631
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Milltek exhausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milltek exhausts   Milltek exhausts EmptyMon Oct 26 2009, 20:29

you want turbo back james for more horsies it your turbo to cat pipe that restrics it. Milltek exhausts 51732
Back to top Go down
james.

james.

Milltek exhausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milltek exhausts   Milltek exhausts EmptyMon Oct 26 2009, 20:38

Am looking at a price list and turbo back isnt listed for my car. Only has high flow sport cat and the back half of the system.

The high flow cat on its own is over 700 Milltek exhausts Icon_cry

EDIT: just read it clearer and when they say high flow sports cat they mean full system Milltek exhausts Icon_rolleyes but stuff that. Cant afford a grand for an exhaust.. might just go for the cat back on its own.
Back to top Go down
mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab

Male Number of posts : 1566
Drives : 05' Fabia VRS, 00' TL1000R
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Milltek exhausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milltek exhausts   Milltek exhausts EmptyTue Oct 27 2009, 04:47

i was thinking about a turbo back for mine, but if i change it will be going cat back, cant be arsed to keep changing it for the mot lol
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Milltek exhausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milltek exhausts   Milltek exhausts EmptyTue Oct 27 2009, 08:00

lazy Milltek exhausts Icon_lol tbh there is no point spending that much or buying an exhaust unless you looking for big power gain i.ein tube with bigger turbo etc. There will always be something faster anyway Milltek exhausts Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Cupra20

Cupra20

Male Number of posts : 553
Drives : Ibiza Cupra
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Milltek exhausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milltek exhausts   Milltek exhausts EmptyTue Oct 27 2009, 18:01

Milltek are good systems, i've got the downpipe and sports cat on mine and cant knock it fitted a treat, Jetex are also good and are a little cheaper might be worth a look.
Back to top Go down
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Milltek exhausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milltek exhausts   Milltek exhausts EmptyTue Oct 27 2009, 18:36

mk3golfcab wrote:
i was thinking about a turbo back for mine, but if i change it will be going cat back, cant be arsed to keep changing it for the mot lol

If you mean for your Fabia VRS. diesels don't need a cat for an MOT they only measure soot level. There is quite a few decatted Fabia VRS on BriSkoda that pass MOT fine running the decat pipe
Back to top Go down
mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab

Male Number of posts : 1566
Drives : 05' Fabia VRS, 00' TL1000R
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Milltek exhausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milltek exhausts   Milltek exhausts EmptyWed Oct 28 2009, 15:01

Ian83 wrote:
mk3golfcab wrote:

If you mean for your Fabia VRS. diesels don't need a cat for an MOT they only measure soot level. There is quite a few decatted Fabia VRS on BriSkoda that pass MOT fine running the decat pipe

did not know that!learn something new everyday!!
Back to top Go down
hasekna

hasekna

Male Number of posts : 254
Drives : a lot
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Milltek exhausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milltek exhausts   Milltek exhausts EmptyWed Oct 28 2009, 18:17

All the guys over on gtigti.co.uk and ukmkiv's use milltek almost exclusively. As people have said before the turbo back pipe is the most restrictive part in the system. As for diesel's the de-*cat* pipe from turbo back is still the most restirctive part, and some guys on there don't even bother with the rest of the system.

Try here for prices http://www.r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-producs.php
Golfgti.co.uk use these guys A LOT
Back to top Go down
Nef

Nef

Number of posts : 551
Drives : Black Seat Leon Cupra - GSXR750 K6
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Milltek exhausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milltek exhausts   Milltek exhausts EmptyTue Nov 10 2009, 15:45

have a milltek turbo back de-cat on mine and really cant fault it, the whole system really does look like brilliant quality, went on with any trouble at all, sounds the part and really performs well too.

althought iv heard of a few systems being not so good quality and end up blowing after a little while.

personally i think their brilliant.
Back to top Go down
djdougalno1

djdougalno1

Male Number of posts : 376
Drives : T4 tdi, a3 Quattro turbo and Yamaha r6
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Milltek exhausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milltek exhausts   Milltek exhausts EmptyTue Nov 10 2009, 20:51

i got s3 miltek cat back on my a3 go for the non resonated one sound alot better and great fit also if u buy it from amd technik in essex they will fit it for free
Back to top Go down
klein biker

klein biker

Male Number of posts : 171
Drives : passat 1.8 T sport estate
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Milltek exhausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milltek exhausts   Milltek exhausts EmptyTue Nov 24 2009, 12:29

On my last 1.8t i went to A14 tyres and exhaust's in bury and had a custom powerflow system made.

I was really happy with the service and the sound of the exhaust
Back to top Go down
turbopaul

turbopaul

Male Number of posts : 19
Drives : golf mk4 1.8t gti
Registration date : 2009-11-17

Milltek exhausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milltek exhausts   Milltek exhausts EmptyTue Nov 24 2009, 22:20

i have just bought a milltek non res cat back for my golf 1.8t and its realy nice.looks good and isnt overly loud pops when its warm aswel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Milltek exhausts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milltek exhausts   Milltek exhausts Empty

Back to top Go down

Milltek exhausts
Page 1 of 1