fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

mk4 golf mk4 1.8t rev's!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
evets

evets

Male Number of posts : 118
Drives : mk4 golf 20v T
Registration date : 2008-05-09

mk4 golf mk4 1.8t rev's!!! Empty
PostSubject: mk4 golf mk4 1.8t rev''s!!!   mk4 golf mk4 1.8t rev's!!! EmptyMon May 18 2009, 19:55

Hi guys, look got another problem with my girl!! every time i pull up to a junction and knock it out of gear, the rev counter dips then run's high.. only does it for a few min's then settles!!! but still gets on my t*ts!!lol any ideas??

cheers
steve
Back to top Go down
charlie1987

charlie1987

Male Number of posts : 897
Drives : 1996 5dr mk3 vr6 highline
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: mk4 revs   mk4 golf mk4 1.8t rev's!!! EmptyMon May 18 2009, 23:03

mine does this too from time to time mate was told its idle control valve as mine has 124k on clock thought ok it may be but i left it as it was then last week it started agen (after i put a full tank from red) 50 quids wrth in from milton tescos cruddy fuel i no, n guess what it started agen car idled at 500 then 2000 next min so as soon as i was back on the 1/4 mark filled up with bp super.
put a fuel treatment in been fillin up at bp ever since n since i have me car hasnt done it, i put it down to cruddy fuel twice its happened twice i filled up at tescos once at milton n once at barhill!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/fendubbers
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: mk4 golf mk4 1.8t rev's!!!   mk4 golf mk4 1.8t rev's!!! EmptyTue May 19 2009, 06:01

Try cleaning out the throttle body. I have had two 1.8T Mk4's and both suffered the same where the revs flucuated a bit as you came to a stop at traffic lights. Can of carb cleaner later on the throttle body and a new gasket which is about £2 and all was good.

Do you have the cable throttle or the later type>
Back to top Go down
evets

evets

PostSubject: Re: mk4 golf mk4 1.8t rev's!!!   mk4 golf mk4 1.8t rev's!!! EmptyTue May 19 2009, 17:34

Ian83 wrote:
Try cleaning out the throttle body. I have had two 1.8T Mk4's and both suffered the same where the revs flucuated a bit as you came to a stop at traffic lights. Can of carb cleaner later on the throttle body and a new gasket which is about £2 and all was good.

hello mate its a 1997 cable!! its the harder engine i've been told?? is it a big job cleaning the throttle body?? im good at taking things to bits but not good when putting back together!!lol, oh did you get my message/question about the springs mate!?

steve
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: mk4 golf mk4 1.8t rev's!!!   mk4 golf mk4 1.8t rev's!!! EmptyTue May 19 2009, 23:08

evets wrote:
Ian83 wrote:

hello mate its a 1997 cable!! its the harder engine i've been told?? is it a big job cleaning the throttle body?? im good at taking things to bits but not good when putting back together!!lol, oh did you get my message/question about the springs mate!?

steve

cleaning it is very easy fella it will be a cable version like mine just open the buttefly with yout hand realase the throttle cable and go from there tongue its simple enought just note what goes where, if in doubt grab yourself a haynes manual.
Back to top Go down
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: mk4 golf mk4 1.8t rev's!!!   mk4 golf mk4 1.8t rev's!!! EmptyWed May 20 2009, 16:28

Yes did get the note about the suspension and have replied.

Best way to clean out the cable throttle ones is to undo the large jubilee clip at the throttle body, slide off the boost hose and hold the throttle open by hand.
Spray in a whole can of carb cleaner and you'll see it running out dirty to begin with then it will get clearer!
Once you get to the bottom of the can pop the hose back on and tighten the jubilee clip and start her up. She will misfire a little till it burns off the carb cleaner then take it for a good run.
Best to warm the engine up before cleaning out the throttle because then once done you can start it up drive 5 mins to get oil temp up then give it some stick in 2nd and 3rd to blow all the crap out it's loosend off!
Back to top Go down
evets

evets

PostSubject: Re: mk4 golf mk4 1.8t rev's!!!   mk4 golf mk4 1.8t rev's!!! EmptyWed May 20 2009, 21:04

Ian83 wrote:
Yes did get the note about the suspension and have replied.

Best way to clean out the cable throttle ones is to undo the large jubilee clip at the throttle body, slide off the boost hose and hold the throttle open by hand.
Spray in a whole can of carb cleaner and you'll see it running out dirty to begin with then it will get clearer!
Once you get to the bottom of the can pop the hose back on and tighten the jubilee clip and start her up. She will misfire a little till it burns off the carb cleaner then take it for a good run.
Best to warm the engine up before cleaning out the throttle because then once done you can start it up drive 5 mins to get oil temp up then give it some stick in 2nd and 3rd to blow all the crap out it's loosend off!
cheers guys will give it a go this weekend!! thanx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mk4 golf mk4 1.8t rev's!!!   mk4 golf mk4 1.8t rev's!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

mk4 golf mk4 1.8t rev's!!!
Page 1 of 1