fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mk2 interior, how do you fit mk3 golf seats in a Mk2 golf?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mk2jam

mk2jam

Male Number of posts : 6
Drives : mk2 golf
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Mk2 interior, how do you fit mk3 golf seats in a Mk2 golf? Empty
PostSubject: Mk2 interior, how do you fit mk3 golf seats in a Mk2 golf?   Mk2 interior, how do you fit mk3 golf seats in a Mk2 golf? EmptySat Jan 03 2009, 18:22

iv just brought a mk2 golf that im currently doing up, the engine mods are coming along quite nicely but the interior has seen better days and needs sorting out. iv looked into fitting mk3 golf seats in the front but people are either sayin you have to cut and weld the seats to make them fit the current runners, or keep the new seats on there runners and 'bodge' um in.

can ne1 help me out? or surgest ne other seats that will go in without 2 much trouble?

cheers Liam (mk2jam)
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Mk2 interior, how do you fit mk3 golf seats in a Mk2 golf?   Mk2 interior, how do you fit mk3 golf seats in a Mk2 golf? EmptySat Jan 03 2009, 18:24

i have corrado front seats in one of my mk2s the front seats go straight in and will sit nice and low
Back to top Go down
mk2jam

mk2jam

PostSubject: Re: Mk2 interior, how do you fit mk3 golf seats in a Mk2 golf?   Mk2 interior, how do you fit mk3 golf seats in a Mk2 golf? EmptySat Jan 03 2009, 18:32

cheers mate, iv seem them seats in leather as well i think. do you need the runners with um or will they fit on runners for the mk2 seats?

u said "on 1 of my mk2s" that mean u got more than 1? what u got?
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Mk2 interior, how do you fit mk3 golf seats in a Mk2 golf?   Mk2 interior, how do you fit mk3 golf seats in a Mk2 golf? EmptySat Jan 03 2009, 18:48

mk2jam wrote:
cheers mate, iv seem them seats in leather as well i think. do you need the runners with um or will they fit on runners for the mk2 seats?

u said "on 1 of my mk2s" that mean u got more than 1? what u got?

i have 2, an 8v and a 16v gti's. everything is the same so they should just bolt/slide in! i took out the seats from a corrado and put them straight into my mk2's. and so has my mate.

yeah ive got the leather ones and they are lush
Back to top Go down
mk2jam

mk2jam

PostSubject: Re: Mk2 interior, how do you fit mk3 golf seats in a Mk2 golf?   Mk2 interior, how do you fit mk3 golf seats in a Mk2 golf? EmptySat Jan 03 2009, 19:28

sweet man il have to have a lil look into that.
cheers 4 ya help!
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Mk2 interior, how do you fit mk3 golf seats in a Mk2 golf?   Mk2 interior, how do you fit mk3 golf seats in a Mk2 golf? EmptySat Jan 03 2009, 22:02

Raddo shares platform with mk2 golf hence the seats drop straight in. They'll also drop straight in mk1's although you need to swap the adjustment levers over from 1 to the other.

Mk3 seat has wider rear legs, either cut and reweld to correct position

OR

if mk2 and 3 seat backs are the same width, you could just swap the mk2 subframe over to the mk3 seat.

Let me know if you sell the mk3 front seats(if gti/vr6 types)
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
mk2jam

mk2jam

PostSubject: Re: Mk2 interior, how do you fit mk3 golf seats in a Mk2 golf?   Mk2 interior, how do you fit mk3 golf seats in a Mk2 golf? EmptySun Jan 04 2009, 11:18

thats a good idea swopping sub frames never thought of that. cheers for the advice, its just gettin um welded which im worried about. . . .
Back to top Go down
mk2jam

mk2jam

PostSubject: Re: Mk2 interior, how do you fit mk3 golf seats in a Mk2 golf?   Mk2 interior, how do you fit mk3 golf seats in a Mk2 golf? EmptySat Jan 10 2009, 23:02

i give up on the mk3 seats, i did get some half leather front seats out of a seat cordoba, went straight in only thing i need now is to sort out the back bench, and door cards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mk2 interior, how do you fit mk3 golf seats in a Mk2 golf?   Mk2 interior, how do you fit mk3 golf seats in a Mk2 golf? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mk2 interior, how do you fit mk3 golf seats in a Mk2 golf?
Page 1 of 1