fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

i think i have problems!!

Go down 
+5
billybug
dinger-vr6
Tiz
Whitegt
Liam B
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Liam B

Liam B

Male Number of posts : 1257
Drives : T4 Transporter, Mk2 Golf ABF
Registration date : 2008-05-30

i think i have problems!! Empty
PostSubject: i think i have problems!!   i think i have problems!! EmptyMon Apr 27 2009, 20:47

Back to top Go down
Whitegt

Whitegt

Male Number of posts : 988
Drives : mk3 gti......................8v :(
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: i think i have problems!!   i think i have problems!! EmptyMon Apr 27 2009, 21:01

doesnt look great!
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: i think i have problems!!   i think i have problems!! EmptyMon Apr 27 2009, 21:16

hmmm that does look like far too much mayo to be just condensation im guessing your HG has gone?
Back to top Go down
Liam B

Liam B

PostSubject: Re: i think i have problems!!   i think i have problems!! EmptyMon Apr 27 2009, 21:30

whats a HG tiz?

it the seckond time it has done this!
Back to top Go down
dinger-vr6

dinger-vr6

Male Number of posts : 53
Drives : audi a3 1.8t
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: i think i have problems!!   i think i have problems!! EmptyMon Apr 27 2009, 21:33

head gasket
Back to top Go down
Liam B

Liam B

PostSubject: Re: i think i have problems!!   i think i have problems!! EmptyMon Apr 27 2009, 21:35

chears shane! my bad Embarassed

hmmmm scratch
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: i think i have problems!!   i think i have problems!! EmptyMon Apr 27 2009, 21:47

that aint good, id say the head gasket has gone.
Back to top Go down
Liam B

Liam B

PostSubject: Re: i think i have problems!!   i think i have problems!! EmptyMon Apr 27 2009, 21:49

its not loseing water or geting hot, it has a good run every day to work and back on the a14, and there dosent seam to be any oil around the head. scratch
when we diped the oil stick last weekend there was mayo on the end of the stick! affraid
Back to top Go down
Liam B

Liam B

PostSubject: Re: i think i have problems!!   i think i have problems!! EmptyMon Apr 27 2009, 21:51

its on the mk2 1.6 driver daily!!
Back to top Go down
gtv

gtv

Male Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: i think i have problems!!   i think i have problems!! EmptyTue Apr 28 2009, 07:00

Liam B wrote:
its not loseing water or geting hot, it has a good run every day to work and back on the a14, and there dosent seam to be any oil around the head. scratch
when we diped the oil stick last weekend there was mayo on the end of the stick! affraid

when you get mayo thats oil and water mixing, the fact you got it on the dipstick I would agree with the rest, head gasket gone mate.
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: i think i have problems!!   i think i have problems!! EmptyTue Apr 28 2009, 08:28

cor that is well bad!

a head gasket can go in so many different ways making one cars characteristics different from anothers.

when its on the dipstick its usually a good bet, as water and oil has mixed throughout the engine. when its only a little bit on the cap its usually just condensation.
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: i think i have problems!!   i think i have problems!! EmptyTue Apr 28 2009, 09:38

yeah if it was on the stick its almost a dead cert. Whats the water look like? Cause if your not losing water it might be mixing between the oil and water keeping the levels looking normal, weird things happen when head gaskets go, quick and easy job on that car though
Back to top Go down
sfish04

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: i think i have problems!!   i think i have problems!! EmptyTue Apr 28 2009, 16:19

I don't drive more than 5 miles to work and my oil cap looks the same and I do not loose a drop of coolant, and thats on a VR. When I had the ol 4 banger that was in my car, it did the same thing until I cruised around and got the motor good and hot Cool Only reason for the "mayo" buildup is from moisture. Most cars that have that buildup are not driven enough and are usually used for to and from work as well as just for a run to the grocery (short distances). Worst case senario, your headgasket is gone but I highly doubt it as you are not loosing coolant and I assume its still the same color.

As for the oil in the air filter, its from the bull$hit vw oil breather system...easy fix, do a catch can mod and you will not have any more oil in the air filter, inlet piping, and trottle body.
Back to top Go down
Liam B

Liam B

PostSubject: Re: i think i have problems!!   i think i have problems!! EmptyTue Apr 28 2009, 16:44

the water is clear, and there is no oil in the bottle scratch
Back to top Go down
Liam B

Liam B

PostSubject: Re: i think i have problems!!   i think i have problems!! EmptyTue Apr 28 2009, 16:48

it dose no more than 5 miles a day, thats town and small bit of the a14 thats not quit a mile, some weekends it dosent even move! plus my dad drives like a old biddy!!
Back to top Go down
Liam B

Liam B

PostSubject: Re: i think i have problems!!   i think i have problems!! EmptyTue Apr 28 2009, 17:18

https://2img.net/h/i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo86/liamb91/101_0787.jpgbefore cristmas i put a new rad in and done a full coolent change with vw coolent, i looked in the bottle and its still the pink vw coolent colour, the only thing i can think off is that when the oil was change we put muilty grade oil in it (strate from the pump at work, shhh dont tell them Razz) could it be that the oil is the wrong grade and dosent get hot enough?
Back to top Go down
vladimir

vladimir

Male Number of posts : 860
Drives : bora
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: i think i have problems!!   i think i have problems!! EmptyTue Apr 28 2009, 19:06

just give it a good thrashing! lol
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: i think i have problems!!   i think i have problems!! EmptyTue Apr 28 2009, 22:13

hmmmm you might be lucky but i doubt it, multi grade oil would most likely be fine in an old driver, clean the gunk out, run some engine flush through change the oil and filter, give it an italian tune up(thrash the twaaaat off it) and see what its like then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i think i have problems!!   i think i have problems!! Empty

Back to top Go down

i think i have problems!!
Page 1 of 1