fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mk4 golf gti speedo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Mk4 golf gti speedo Empty
PostSubject: Mk4 golf gti speedo   Mk4 golf gti speedo EmptySun Feb 01 2009, 19:29

Speedo is intermittantly working dips to zero strangely more often when the brakes are applied. Then doesn't recover until stopped then it works breifly again. I have checked the connector is okay on the drive on the gearbox, have noticed the fuel gauge intermittently dips to when going round the corner when the speedo is down? Please help. Cheers Chris
Back to top Go down
gtv

gtv

Male Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mk4 golf gti speedo   Mk4 golf gti speedo EmptySun Feb 01 2009, 22:30

could be a bad earth or the clocks going faulty. do you have a spare set you can swap to see?
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Mk4 golf gti speedo   Mk4 golf gti speedo EmptySun Feb 01 2009, 22:33

gtv wrote:
could be a bad earth or the clocks going faulty. do you have a spare set you can swap to see?

no i dont have stuff like that lating around, i had the gearbox off to change the clutch a few weeks back so im thinking check the earth on that now. I thought it may have been where i hadnt used the car for a fews days with me being the eternal optimist with the weather and taking the bike...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mk4 golf gti speedo   Mk4 golf gti speedo Empty

Back to top Go down

Mk4 golf gti speedo
Page 1 of 1