fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pressed number plates!

Go down 
+17
plucky
vladimir
rossco
Fenboyd
kevdub
Rigamortiz
clipper23
Ashley
shaunnorris7
krazy*k
Cupra20
Tiz
CaddyRage
jimmymidnight
drewcole81
guy2nite
bwild
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Cupra20

Cupra20

Male Number of posts : 553
Drives : Ibiza Cupra
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Pressed number plates! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 24 2008, 16:38

I'm sure we found out the other night that they did reflect didn't we?

I wouldn't bother with them myself!!!lol!
Back to top Go down
bwild

bwild

Male Number of posts : 249
Drives : mk5 gttdi 140
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 24 2008, 20:47

if i get pulled but u dont i will not b happy!
Back to top Go down
krazy*k

krazy*k

Female Number of posts : 513
Drives : MK3 polo G40 Slag
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 24 2008, 20:59

i got pressed plates then someone abit close to home got pulled took mine off but mine have got the D on them so i might get some others some plain ones plate holders are great for changing and they look better in my opinion.

i was told that the ones from europl8 were legal but aint so sure now ?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cambsdubcollective/
bwild

bwild

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 24 2008, 21:04

Im going to leave mine on. C wot happens. lol!
Back to top Go down
shaunnorris7

shaunnorris7

Male Number of posts : 90
Drives : Vento VR6
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25 2008, 08:20

if u get stopped, just say that they were on the car when u bought it and didnt know any different. that mite get u off with a fine especially if u have a legal set in the car with u and u change them there and then....

when i had them on my vento i had police behind be no end of times and never got pulled for them, even down a b road on a friday nite with no other cars on the road. thought they would have pulled me just for something to do put they didnt....

Last edited by shaunnorris7 on Thu Sep 25 2008, 08:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bwild

bwild

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25 2008, 08:26

yeh thats a plan. i hav only just got the car so that isnt a lie. Mite hav a job changin them ova on the side of the road coz ive stuck them on well!

Knowing my luck they will pick onme when they havnt got nethin else 2do!
Back to top Go down
drewcole81

drewcole81

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25 2008, 08:51

shaunnorris7 wrote:
if u get stopped, just say that they were on the car when u bought it and didnt know any different. that mite get u off with a fine especially if u have a legal set in the car with u and u change them there and then....

when i had them on my vento i had police behind be no end of times and never got pulled for them, even down a b road on a friday nite with no other cars on the road. thought they would have pulled me just for something to do put they didnt....

Not sure that would work, the police would find out how long you had the car and then ask why you have a set of legal ones in the car ready to go on.
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

Male Number of posts : 1998
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25 2008, 08:58

according to a few articles i've read over the last couple of days, from November 1st, those lovely people at the DVLA are making it illegal to actually produce and sell pressed plates, or any other plates that do not conform to the standards set by them. this could just be a rumour, but if you want pressed plates or show plates, i'd order them asap as they could be hard to get soon...

here's some info i found on a random site: https://numberplatesscotland.co.uk/legislation.html
Back to top Go down
shaunnorris7

shaunnorris7

Male Number of posts : 90
Drives : Vento VR6
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25 2008, 09:26

drewcole81 wrote:
shaunnorris7 wrote:

Not sure that would work, the police would find out how long you had the car and then ask why you have a set of legal ones in the car ready to go on.

it would in my and bwild's case cus i bought my car less than two weeks ago and could just say that the normal plates were included and in the boot and that you didnt know they werent legal :|
Back to top Go down
drewcole81

drewcole81

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25 2008, 10:09

shaunnorris7 wrote:
drewcole81 wrote:
shaunnorris7 wrote:

it would in my and bwild's case cus i bought my car less than two weeks ago and could just say that the normal plates were included and in the boot and that you didnt know they werent legal :|

Ah good call....
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

Male Number of posts : 1165
Drives : Vento 1.9TDi
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25 2008, 11:10

drewcole81 wrote:
drewcole81 wrote:
CaddyRage wrote:
bwild wrote:
i got mine from plateman. so im guessin mine arnt legal? they r easy to read so y are they not legal?

wrong font dude, bet you paid nearly 30 notes for them aswell.

For all those that intend on getting pressed plates. Go to dubmeister only and ask for there legal jobbies. you'll need to produce your car details just like you would at halfords.

The plates should also have the makers details at the bottom of the plate.

Excuse my dumbness.... what and where is dubmeister? is it a website or shop?

www.dubmeister.co.uk.... could have worked that out without this post really.....

I think Carnoisseur in cambridge (opposite halfords near the meet) sells these plates on behalf of dubmeister
Back to top Go down
clipper23

clipper23

Male Number of posts : 68
Drives : T3 westfalia vanagon, previous mk1 golf
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07 2008, 17:48

dudes I've got pressed while and yellow reflective plates with the D and the german tax discs on too.A copper puLled up next to me in aT train station and told me about this site,straight up no BS didnt say a thing about them but he does own a bug and a camper.

Its all crap anyway,i mean you can read them and they are reflective too,I have had a couple of people ask if the car was from a different country thou denmark lol and germany
Back to top Go down
Rigamortiz

Rigamortiz

Male Number of posts : 278
Drives : 1963 Karmann Ghia
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07 2008, 19:26

So, if that thing about the DVLA making pressed number plates illegal is true, does that mean you won't be able to get them, even if they are correct for the year of the vehicle? I'm considering pressed plates for my van.
Back to top Go down
kevdub

kevdub

Male Number of posts : 104
Drives : bora tdi
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: pressed plates   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07 2008, 19:41

yeah igot nicked in bedford made me remove them on the spot and if i hadent had a spare set in the boot they were going 2 take me golf and would have cost me 120quid 2 get it back they made me sign the plates over and fined me 30quid .1974 or before for pressed plates is wot they told me.
Back to top Go down
Fenboyd

Fenboyd

Male Number of posts : 74
Drives : The Top Gear Corrado (VR6)
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07 2008, 20:14

I just think they pull you if they have had a bad day with other drivers or something.I bought these small med tint plates at E38 which when the light was on them in certain angles you could only see this purple glaze,no numbs/letters.Had these on for 3 weeks and during the third week went past 6 cop cars coming towards me and a speed gun trap and nothing.Was expecting them to turn around and come for me but nothing!I decided I wasnt too keen on them anyway and changed them for reflective pressed plates.Look so much better tho there're stuck on so well im never getting them off,so im glad I picked the right ones this time!lol!
Back to top Go down
rossco

rossco

Male Number of posts : 44
Drives : MK4 GOLF GTI
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07 2008, 20:21

When i got stoppped the other week for my pressed plate it had nothing to do with the reflectiveness, but was to do with the wrong font for this country, displaying the D euro symbol when the car is registered in GB and not showing the british standard safety mark.
All this was said to me by the plod who stopped me as i made out i didn't know the plates were illegal and thought lots of polite questions would get me off (it did by the way) he also gave me a DVLA document V796 which can be found at www.direct.gov.uk/motoringleaflets under the veichle registration section it's got all the info on it why we're all getting pulled at the mo
Back to top Go down
vladimir

vladimir

Male Number of posts : 860
Drives : bora
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28 2008, 19:41

so just changing the subject back to earlyer are dubmeister's a good site to get parts from?
Back to top Go down
plucky

plucky

Male Number of posts : 75
Drives : Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29 2008, 09:01

iv never had a problem and iv been pulled a few times in my golf but i thing its just luck lol!
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29 2008, 09:21

i never see a problem with them really... If they designed their ANPR system so shitty that it cant detect different fonts thats their own fault... Sort it out.. So what if there was some random german man over here who had commited a crime your telling me millions of pounds worth of system wouldnt be able to see him because hes got a german plate... surely not.

When you start messing around moving bolts and stuff to make it say a different letter then thats just stupid and asks to get pulled but whats wrong with a normal plate in a different font, spaced a little differently or pressed??

Surely as long as the dumbfucks can read them wheres the problem? Same usual story motorists are just easy pickings and give them something to do.
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

Male Number of posts : 1998
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29 2008, 09:29

i couldn't agree more, it seems so much easier to stop us innocent motoritsts for cash than to actually catch real criminals...we are simply stopped to keep their figures up!
Back to top Go down
pinky

pinky

Male Number of posts : 344
Drives : Polo G40 Coupe
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29 2008, 09:31

Tiz wrote:
i never see a problem with them really... If they designed their ANPR system so shitty that it cant detect different fonts thats their own fault... Sort it out.. So what if there was some random german man over here who had commited a crime your telling me millions of pounds worth of system wouldnt be able to see him because hes got a german plate... surely not.

This is the problem criminals know that ANPR can't pick up foreign plates and they use foreign cars, Its one of the reasons there cracking down on it (not that I have had a problem touch wood)
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29 2008, 09:38

your honestly telling me that millions of pounds worth of system is thwarted by a different font or a space?
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29 2008, 09:55

Soon as the system see's the D flag, it automatically gives up because the driver of the car cannot be traced to a uk residance via dvla of swansea.

It be seen as chasing a lost cause.

Last edited by CaddyRage on Wed Oct 29 2008, 12:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29 2008, 10:10

then what a sh1te system... It cant move along and see thats its obviously not a german reg? Surely it doesnt rely soely on badges as its not law to display a badge and the germans dont do it either on a lot of cars? so surely thats not the reason either?
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29 2008, 17:31

i think the feds should be cracking down on more important things, not different font plates i think its pretty stupid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pressed number plates!   Pressed number plates! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pressed number plates!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next