fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Smoothed fronts and Number plates

Go down 
+2
Tiz
Ashley
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashley

Ashley

Male Number of posts : 1165
Drives : Vento 1.9TDi
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Smoothed fronts and Number plates Empty
PostSubject: Smoothed fronts and Number plates   Smoothed fronts and Number plates EmptyFri Aug 07 2009, 16:18

I'm planning on having a smoothed front soon enough on the Golf, just wondering about the legality/possibility of having the front plate on the passenger side sun visor ?

I seem to remember this is what matty does with his cabby? How do you get on with the plod when out on the road?
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Smoothed fronts and Number plates   Smoothed fronts and Number plates EmptyFri Aug 07 2009, 16:27

its not legal, legally the plate has to be shown somwhere on the front. I always got moaned at by plod when i used to run my plates in my window and shiz but never actually got a ticket for it. Cant be bothered to mess around with plates these days its not worth the hasstle
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Smoothed fronts and Number plates   Smoothed fronts and Number plates EmptyFri Aug 07 2009, 19:24

As tiz said its not legal. the cop that pulled me over said the plate has to be on the outside of the car no obstructed by anything and as vertical as possible. the cabby aint a daily but i been pulled once in the year or so ive nto had a front plate. i do put 1 on when i go somewhere i knwo theres gonna be cops. you just have to be sensible with it really. just keep a packets of sticky velcro pads and the number plates in the car and you can just put them on it you get pulled.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Ashley

Ashley

PostSubject: Re: Smoothed fronts and Number plates   Smoothed fronts and Number plates EmptySat Aug 08 2009, 00:44

That makes sense.. I've been trying to look in to possible solutions for holding a plate there non-permanently, but I've yet to find a good one. Plus it would be for daily use, so probably couldnt pull it off like you matty

I might put it on a roof bar if that doesnt look too gay
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Smoothed fronts and Number plates   Smoothed fronts and Number plates EmptySat Aug 08 2009, 00:51

as said before must be visable on the out side of the car

i never run front plates on my mk3, beetle, volvo and my mk2 for a bit i never got caught.
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: Smoothed fronts and Number plates   Smoothed fronts and Number plates EmptySat Aug 08 2009, 00:59

Ive used the velcro sticky pads from halford on my cars for ages, jsut the same as the normal pads but allows you to swap ya plates. they are pretty strong, you have to be carefully taking pressed plates off cuz the bend and twist well easy.
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

PostSubject: Re: Smoothed fronts and Number plates   Smoothed fronts and Number plates EmptySat Aug 08 2009, 11:06

matty_mk1 wrote:
Ive used the velcro sticky pads from halford on my cars for ages, jsut the same as the normal pads but allows you to swap ya plates. they are pretty strong, you have to be carefully taking pressed plates off cuz the bend and twist well easy.

I'm assuming you need to stick 1 half of the velcro to the bumper? I'm not using pressed plates so no worry of that

I'm going to try magnets i reckon, just need to find some really fookin strong ones pirat
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: Smoothed fronts and Number plates   Smoothed fronts and Number plates EmptySat Aug 08 2009, 12:53

Yeah just stick it on 1 of the lower grilles or sumfin.
Back to top Go down
RS4Paul

RS4Paul

Male Number of posts : 185
Drives : vw T5 ,new Tiguan, RS4 B5
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: number plates   Smoothed fronts and Number plates EmptySat Aug 08 2009, 15:29

How about the german plate holders Ive got them on the rs4 the bottom has the garage name on and that unclips to remove the plates

Just an idea!
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Smoothed fronts and Number plates   Smoothed fronts and Number plates EmptySat Aug 08 2009, 19:56

hi

one of my dailys has no front plate, its in the window and ive never been pulled.

i once spoke to a copper about it and they said 'why wouldnt i like it, i can see it?'

do it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smoothed fronts and Number plates   Smoothed fronts and Number plates Empty

Back to top Go down

Smoothed fronts and Number plates
Page 1 of 1