fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alternator problems..... need help....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom

Tom

Male Number of posts : 314
Drives : MK4 Ibiza PD130
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Alternator problems..... need help.... Empty
PostSubject: Alternator problems..... need help....   Alternator problems..... need help.... EmptyMon Feb 11 2008, 14:12

After some info on how easy it is to remove the alternator from a 1998 mk4 polo. It is quite low in the bay and i have no idea how to remove it.

Also it is making bad squeeky noises as if the bearings have gone. Should i look to get it refurbished or just by a new one? Vindis want £137 for a new one plus my old one as p/x!?!?

Oh yeah its a 90A 14V Bosch Alternator from a 1.9 Diesel engine. If anyone has one spare or knows a car somewhere that will have the same one let me know. Its embarrasing to drive my car at the moment with all the dodgy noises it keeps making
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Alternator problems..... need help....   Alternator problems..... need help.... EmptyMon Feb 11 2008, 15:46

Try ebay, put caddy in the search as the non mk1 models have 1.9 diesel engines. Some N/A and some Turbo'd. Might be worth a punt or even email someone breaking 1 mate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Alternator problems..... need help....   Alternator problems..... need help.... EmptyThu Feb 14 2008, 15:51

Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
james.

james.

Male Number of posts : 719
Drives : bmw 740
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Alternator problems..... need help....   Alternator problems..... need help.... EmptyWed Jul 02 2008, 19:39

not sure what sort of squeaking noises you mean but could it just be the belt slipping or gone hard? If you get it somebody to rev up the car to make it sqeak or if it sqeaks on tick-over then spray a bit of wd40 ect onto the belt to see if the noise stops. If so then probaly just needs tightening or a new belt.
Back to top Go down
AliCabrio

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Alternator problems..... need help....   Alternator problems..... need help.... EmptyWed Jul 09 2008, 15:14

Try also squirting WD40 into the bearings of the Alternator itself - mine squealed, and this made it go away (for a while - it's a squealin' like a stuck pig agin' Paw! Pass the looob!)

AliCabrio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternator problems..... need help....   Alternator problems..... need help.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Alternator problems..... need help....
Page 1 of 1