fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

tyre help please

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chubby353

chubby353

Male Number of posts : 879
Drives : black bmw e36 on splits
Registration date : 2009-08-27

tyre help please Empty
PostSubject: tyre help please   tyre help please EmptyMon May 02 2011, 07:57

on me ibiza it has 165-50-15 all round but the front to are nearly on the limit in the boot i have 2 185-55-15 if i put them on the rear how out of place will it look as i need to rasie the rear up a lil bit

cheers
matt
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

tyre help please Empty
PostSubject: Re: tyre help please   tyre help please EmptyMon May 02 2011, 09:23

chubby353 wrote:
on me ibiza it has 165-50-15 all round but the front to are nearly on the limit in the boot i have 2 185-55-15 if i put them on the rear how out of place will it look as i need to rasie the rear up a lil bit

cheers
matt
They'll look a lot larger as the sidewall will bulge more as well as the profile being 5mm taller.
It'll work but you'll want to watch out for your archlining if your wheels are spaced out as the bulging will most probably rub.

I'm assuming the wheels are 6J wide?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

tyre help please Empty
PostSubject: Re: tyre help please   tyre help please EmptyMon May 02 2011, 09:45

Stampers wrote:
chubby353 wrote:

cheers
matt
They'll look a lot larger as the sidewall will bulge more as well as the profile being 5mm taller.
It'll work but you'll want to watch out for your archlining if your wheels are spaced out as the bulging will most probably rub.

Its not 5mm stampers. the sidewall is a percentage of the width so those will actually be 19.5mm taller and obviously 20mm wider.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

tyre help please Empty
PostSubject: Re: tyre help please   tyre help please EmptyMon May 02 2011, 10:58

matty_mk1 wrote:
Stampers wrote:
chubby353 wrote:

cheers
matt

Its not 5mm stampers. the sidewall is a percentage of the width so those will actually be 19.5mm taller and obviously 20mm wider.
Haha! oh yeah.
Eurgh, ignore me.

They'll be huge and ugly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
Sponsored content

tyre help please Empty
PostSubject: Re: tyre help please   tyre help please Empty

Back to top Go down

tyre help please
Page 1 of 1